Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airbag vest - opinions

Options
  • 14-04-2020 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Anyone using airbag vests ? As technology has moved on and especially from a pricing point now, it's a no brainer.

Have been looking on line and have seen this vest but they dont ship to Ireland.

held_jacket_clip-in_evest_92070.jpg

Can anyone recommend similar, or somewhere that may price match the linked item.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

If you sign up to Addresspal (An Post) it will be shipped to UK and for €6.95 An Post will deliver to your home. or for €3.95 your local P.O.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Emmersonn wrote: »
    If you sign up to Addresspal (An Post) it will be shipped to UK and for €6.95 An Post will deliver to your home. or for €3.95 your local P.O.

Will look into that, thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,915 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You would want to make sure your existing gear has space to accommodate it should it fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

listermint wrote: »
    You would want to make sure your existing gear has space to accommodate it should it fire.

True.. covid kilos.:o
    Have seen ones that go over the jacket also, could be an option too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

listermint wrote: »

not necessary : it goes over your existing gear.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

Be careful which one you choose. The Held vest uses the In&Motion system - you'll need to pay an ongoing subscription for the thing to work.
    It also seems to have major limitations on when it activates.

This guy has a good breakdown of the current options:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/finally-affordable-airbag-options.1428934/#post-39431027

• Registered Users Posts: 33,915 ✭✭✭✭listermint

galwaytt wrote: »
    not necessary : it goes over your existing gear.

I think that image you posted is a different model no ? it looks different, under the arms.

Advertisement