Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublincity.ie paying rent online, is the portal safe?

Options
  • 14-04-2020 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi Boardies, I had to reg an account to ask ye all about Dublin councils website and the 3rd party portal site they use to process payment, if youre on the website for dublincity.ie the links are under:
    I want to > Pay for It

I was wondering why it goes off to a 3rd party portal site run by e-paycapita.com in London, I dont know much about them but have to ask are they ok to use privacy & security wise and not associated with advertising or data mining since their whois has a load of different marketing registrars associated with them that all have their own terms and services that are not related to dublin council.
    whois.com/whois/e-paycapita.com

I'm sure a lot of people are moving to online payments, I'm just a bit disappointed after the GPDR roll-out & theres a lack of info on terms & conditions if you decide to submit a payment through them. As an alternative the council does offer a phone number for payment, but doesnt mention who handles the data :-(

Last thing I noticed, the dublincity.ie didnt default to https for me, can I confirm this.
    Any opinions on paycapita would be welcome, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

e-paycapita.com is operated by Capita who are a significant managed financial services provider. They actually also have offices in Dublin.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes it’s safe.
    Planning applications are paid using the same system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 This Thing

Thanks for the reply, I only had a short time to check them out yesterday.

The archive.org wayback machine has them using that service link from around 2015.

Looks like their website needs an update, sitemap and accessibility aren't really AA. I'll try out Capitas forms, thanks.

Advertisement