Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there a broadband package out there for me

• 14-04-2020 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all, So I have lived in the same place for the last 16 years and was onto Eir many times over this period who say that my phone line is not capable of holding broadband which is fair enough. They also said they are not going to upgrade the line after contacting them many times over this time. My second attempt was to get Imagine however I had them out last week and they said that they cannot get a line of sight to the tower so also cannot install. My third effort was to get the 350gb Vodafone plan as I have had a use of a 4g Vodafone dongle in the past and know I get about 20mb down and about 5 mb up which would be good enough for me however, I contacted Vodafone on several occasions over the past week and they said they do not have the equipment for this deal and have no time as to when they will get this equipment back in stock again. I am currently working off my three and GOMO networks however these are not reliable and at best I get 3/4 mb download and .3 upload which is not good enough for me. Have any of you guys got any other options I could try? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Have you tried Virgin Media?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 xxx3

Have you tried Virgin Media?
    Do these do satellite or mobile broadband?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭piplip87

Since alot of broadband is generally area dependant try this website.

Fill in you county and town and it will give you all companies that cover that area.

https://switcher.ie/broadband/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoPuN7Mro6AIV8IBQBh0vAgfWEAAYASAAEgJ0PvD_BwE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

piplip87 wrote: »
    Since alot of broadband is generally area dependant try this website.

Fill in you county and town and it will give you all companies that cover that area.

https://switcher.ie/broadband/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoPuN7Mro6AIV8IBQBh0vAgfWEAAYASAAEgJ0PvD_BwE
    Will give you all the companies that pay switcher to be listed ;)

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Will give you all the companies that pay switcher to be listed ;)
    :):).......I think the 4 of them are through fixed line guys so that a non runner either.......strange thing is my neighbor who lives a stones throw away from me can get fixed line....very frustrating especially now when working from at home....makes it near impossible to have a call over Microsoft Teams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

It's the rural internet tax, move into a town and all your problems will be solved.

degsie wrote: »
    It's the rural internet tax, move into a town and all your problems will be solved.

:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Buy your own device, get Vodafone to post you a sim. Done.

ED E wrote: »
    Buy your own device, get Vodafone to post you a sim. Done.

That I have no issue with but I am just wondering will the 350GB package apply or is this offer only when you purchase with the router?

Following on from this I went on a live chat with a Vodafone rep again a number of days later. At this time he told me there were a number of devices available.....roll on 3 days later I had my device setup and now running very healthy speeds compared to my previous speeds :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement