Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for alloy wheel repair recommendation

Options
  • 14-04-2020 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

Hi

As per title, I'm looking for recommendations to get my alloy wheels refurbished.
    I got wheels refurbished a few years ago and was initially pleased with the result but the paint started to chip and lift fairly soon after and I ended up just buying aftermarket wheels which are lasting well.

So, I'm looking to get a top quality, lasting job done. The wheels are 18" BMW 20 spoke on my 2008 5 Series.
    They're not too badly damaged - kerb scrapes of course but there's a bit of corrosion with one in particular quite badly marked.

I'm in the west of Ireland but no problem travelling once this Covid-19 thing is over.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Hi

As per title, I'm looking for recommendations to get my alloy wheels refurbished.
    I got wheels refurbished a few years ago and was initially pleased with the result but the paint started to chip and lift fairly soon after and I ended up just buying aftermarket wheels which are lasting well.

So, I'm looking to get a top quality, lasting job done. The wheels are 18" BMW 20 spoke on my 2008 5 Series.
    They're not too badly damaged - kerb scrapes of course but there's a bit of corrosion with one in particular quite badly marked.

I'm in the west of Ireland but no problem travelling once this Covid-19 thing is over.

TIA

I got my bmw wheels done in cobra customs in county Antrim.. long trip but the finish is excellent, £50 a wheel for 19”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I used Wheelfix.ie in Ballyneety about 9km outside Limerick City and found them

excellent. €50.00 for an 18" refurb.

https://www.facebook.com/wheelfix.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Brilliant. Thanks. Nearby too.

Advertisement