Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health workers doing viral dance videos

Options
  • 15-04-2020 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Theres something disturbing about this new phenomenon. Aren't they supposed to be run off their feet looking after the sick? Isnt it a bit disrespectful to the sick/dying their families that health workers are doing this? Are they contaminating their PPE by doing this stuff outside?

just type hospital dance video into youtube. rakes of them all over the world.

anyone else find this a bit stupid, weird and disrespectful??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

What those nurses not working hard enough for you?

Let them have their fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

If it helps give them a moment of light relief and comradery in the midst of them literally putting their lives on the line then of course they should dance!

They are not robots. The sadness of what they are seeing and the fear of getting sick is bound to have serious long term implications.

I would be so happy to think some of their memories of this time would also be of support and gratitude and even moments of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Yeah, nurses should never, ever get a break or be allowed to indulge moments of light-heartedness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Have a dance when its over?Whos covering theres stations while filming them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭RCSATELLITES

What those nurses not working hard enough for you?

Let them have their fun.

What fun are you allowed have in your job may I ask? Might do a dance tomorrow in work Put in on facebook collect my p45 on the way out.

It is disrespectful for people to be doing this when people are dying and then for nurses to be doing it is even worse. Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Juicee

Of course they deserve their breaks and recreation like anyone else. But this tik tok dance video craze is nothing more than egotistical disrespectful crap, totally inappropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Dont care what they do in their own break time to ease the pressure and stress they must be under, fair play to them.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I'm as cynical as they come but whatever makes these guys feel better right now I'm all for it

Anyone else find all this clapping and light in the window stuff so hollow? Like nurses and carers etc used get feck all thanks from a lot and now people need them it's all show appreciation

I'll bet you within a few months of C19 passing it will be back to bitching when they ask for a pay rise, I'd like to think no but it will

They aren't working for free. People need them now? We pay taxes to have a health care system. It's not like they are a charity group helping people in need for free. Everybody struggles to get a pay rise in any job, that's life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Urethral Buttercup

Some of them wouldn't be the brightest so don't judge them too harshly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Juicee wrote: »
    Theres something disturbing about this new phenomenon. Aren't they supposed to be run off their feet looking after the sick? Isnt it a bit disrespectful to the sick/dying their families that health workers are doing this? Are they contaminating their PPE by doing this stuff outside?

just type hospital dance video into youtube. rakes of them all over the world.

You bulls57t artist.

Have you ever cared for a dying person, have ever been there for people as they died.

Ludair.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-songs/here-comes-the-sun-gets-u-s-hospitals-through-dark-days-of-pandemic-idUSKCN21U0S0
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/12/health/covid-19-patient-released-celebration-trnd-wellness/index.html

I have been hearing this about numerous hospitals mostly in the states ...that when a patient recovers from Covid 19 and they are released from hospital they ask the patient if they can have permission to play a song around the hospital. If the patient feels its just too much for them right now or they don't feel up to it for whatever reason they don't play it.

This is what they play.
    :):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Are the hospitals not like war zones at the moment?

Danzy wrote: »
    Have you ever cared for a dying person, have ever been there for people as they died.

Why, do people usually dance the macarena when they do that?

Why, do people usually dance the macarena when they do that?

No, one tends to grow up though, from experiencing it.

It's obvious yourself and Juicee are far from grown up yet. Add in RCSatellite

Your loss.

There isn't going to be any hiding from life for a good few years after this, don't make it tougher on yourself than it has to be.

You bulls57t artist.

Ludair.

Do you recommend dancing and laughing? While someone is dying or?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

When you work in the healthcare industry you deal with a lot of dark moments and especially now so you develop a way to deal with it and for years it wasnt seen but thanks to social media you are seeing an aspect of it now. Its a coping measurment to keep morale up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Do you recommend dancing and laughing? While someone is dying or?

Yes. If your job involves spending most of your day caring for very ill and dying people, I’d recommend finding joy in small moments whenever and wherever you can.

I’m certain those nurses were not on duty when they recorded their videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Juicee

No, one tends to grow up though, from experiencing it.

It's obvious yourself and Juicee are far from grown up yet.

Your loss.

Your post needless personal insults and then tell others to grow up. Right.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,536 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Looney toon thread.....

Your post needless personal insults and then tell others to grow up. Right.

They aren't pointless insults. I'm pointing out the obvious and you know it is.

I don't want to denigrate you, I feel sorry for you.

I saw dirty dancing for the first time recently. Was better than I expected. Maybe they should play it on the wards. RIP Patrick Swayze

khalessi wrote: »
    Its a coping measurment to keep morale up

Dude that is what strippers coke and booze is for!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Dude that is what strippers coke and booze is for!:rolleyes:

Difficult to put stripper poles up subtely in the wards

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This thread?

Yes

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement