Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Check in

• 15-04-2020 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Just wanted to make a post to check in with all the regulars (or irregulars :D ) in this forum to see how you’re all doing with the ongoing crisis. Hope all your pets are very happy about you all spending more time at home and hope you all stay safe and healthy!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Great thread!

For us personally it’s a blessing in disguise!

We had Cooper around 9 weeks (he’s 18 months approx ) when I had to self isolate (has travelled to infected area - I was grand) anyway before the isolation cooper was a great boy was in doggie day care while we were at work so we felt he was bonding more with the dogs than us .. he just was slow to settle if that makes sense!

Roll on 3/4 weeks and the transformation is quiet amazing ! His cheeky springer personality is really coming out! And he’s happy tail wagging instead of tucked between his legs .. getting to do lots of small trainings sessions etc. So the 3 of us now at the best of friends which is great!

As he’s a springer he still needs a good bit of exercise.. luckily we have a few coillte forest areas within 2km of us and plus we have a large green and he’s brilliant at frisbee etc so we’re all good.

Only downside is he must miss his doggie day care mates (he adores other dogs) so when we everything open up again we’ll pop him back in for half days x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Yes we've been lucky too, I've been working from home full time which I find quite stressful but doing without travel time has been great, meaning I've had so much more time to take Lola out walking every day, and my o/h is not only home all the time at the minute (he can't really do his job at a distance) but will be retiring in a few months anyway so it may be that Lola is never going to be left on her own again!

She's absolutely loving it - not only does it mean we've got into the habit of doing at least the second/evening walk together, where before it as often one or the other on their own, but there's so little traffic near us these days that I only put her leash on for a couple of short bits on the main road so she's off leash nearly all the time, which she loves.

(Only disadvantage is, I notice she's got more "daring" and will now stay out of sight for minutes at a time, which she'd never have done before. So that's a tendency that might need watching. She has good recall though, and even if we don't call her, she always comes bounding after us eventually, so I'm not sure it's a problem really.)

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

We closed on 12th March, I do a few bits from home, and go to office every second Thursday, but otherwise its dogs, cats, gardening and painting.
    Daughter is home from college too, working at home, so far so good, dogs are loving it.

Advertisement