Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prepar3d V5 release

• 15-04-2020 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

New version of Prepar3d released which finally upgrades the rendering engine to DirectX 12. This allows the platform to make better use of the hardware on the machine so it's not as CPU bound as previous versions.

It also includes a new sky system called trueSky which makes the clouds look a lot better.

I'm waiting for it to be supported by the addon developers like PMDG and FS Labs but will definitely be upgrading.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Typical, i only changed over to p3D three weeks ago from FSX!

I just purchased Airbus A330 and A320/21 from Aerosoft and PMDG 747 as well as Fly tampa Dublin and Amsterdam.

I think i'm going to stay put until FS2020.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Typical, i only changed over to p3D three weeks ago from FSX!

I just purchased Airbus A330 and A320/21 from Aerosoft and PMDG 747 as well as Fly tampa Dublin and Amsterdam.

I think i'm going to stay put until FS2020.

I'd say if you contact them they'll upgrade you to P3D v5 for free given that it was a surprise announcement and you only just paid. It's definitely worth emailing them.

All of those addons will be made compatible for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Its more the effort than anything else!

Really enjoying the PMDG 747 but its so different to the airbus! Quite a but more Manual work to be done. i have trouble with the aircraft latching onto the flight track at times but im told you need to intercept the path at an angle. I was pressing Lnav while flying parallel to the path so ill have to try again later.

Advertisement