Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big problem with three.ie.

Options
  • 15-04-2020 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi. I know there are much bigger problems going on in the world at the moment and a part of me almost feels guilty for complaining here on this issue. Anyway I have thought about it and because I feel it is fundamentally wrong what THREE.ie have done here I need to share my experience.
    About 3 months ago i upgraded with three. Prior to that I had a calls and texts package with them and felt it was time to include data. I was offered quite a good deal for unlimited data, unlimited calls to the Three network a d 300mins of calls to any other network for €26. I am a front line worker and this was the package that was offered to me.
    Anyway my first bill was as I expected. So was the second. Then earlier this month I received a bill with an additional charge of €16.24 added for (PREMIUM SERVICES) which pushed my overall bill up close to €50 with vat. When I opened the bill I made an attempt to call three.ie to query this extra charge. I followed the keypad instructions and was expecting to be connected to a member of staff. Instead I was given only one option. That option was to make a payment. I hung up as I thought that maybe I had done something wrong but on the second attempt I found myself funneled into the exact same place. I was given one further option and that was to log on to my three account. Unfortunately though I couldn't remember my password so was put on a queue. I waited on line for about 35 mins, keeping an eye on the queue as I worked. But I was distracted after that approximate time, and when I returned to the website later on I discovered I had lost my place in the queue and would have to start all over again. I decided to try ringing again and again when I selected the option to query my bill I was diverted to the bill paying section yet again. I left it go for about a week and today I thought about it again so I tried ringing that same number and was again diverted to the bill paying option in the exact same fashion. There was of course a voice msg from three.ie saying they were unable to process non-urgent queries at this time and their main interest at these troubled times was to maintain connections for people. So in other words they want a pat on the back for keeping people connected during this pandemic. I wonder what would happen if I didnt pay my bill though??? To cut a long story short I have checked my bank account today and three have taken the full amount of the bill. I couldn't query it, I wasnt given an option. I am very busy with my work at this time and couldnt be waiting around all day to keep my place in their on line queue. It seems so ridiculous that three.ie are using these terrible times to cause these kind of problems for their customers. I dont understand why there are no staff there to answer queries. Many people dont even have access to the internet and even if they had the time to wait around on line for their place in the queue they wouldn't be able to log on in the first place. There are so many business at the moment carrying on as well as they can through the phone. Staff cannot catch the Corona Virus through the phone lines. There are no excuses and there is no reason why I should have received this extra charge to my bill for premium services. I need my phone for my work but really and truly I think this is a disgrace. I would be very interested if anyone else has experienced these kind of problems with three recently.
    Thank you for reading this
    M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Busterie

My problem with three.ie is that bloody Aranmore ad on every channel every ad break. I record everything now and skip the ads to avoid this and those guilt trip ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

m.t.1.0.1 wrote: »
    I was given one further option and that was to log on to my three account. Unfortunately though I couldn't remember my password.......

You can reset your password for account web access - new pass will be texted to you.

What "PREMIUM SERVICES" you got charged for - calls, text, other. Your bill should contain more details.

There was scam with three, where they, on contract sign up would "subscribe" you for third party services by default or giveaway your details to third party, could be still ongoing. Three forum is closed, search in archive https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1367/1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

The cause might somewhat similar to this .....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058067085

Solution seems to be to block all incoming and outgoing premium numbers.

Advertisement