Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jack Russell behaviour

• 15-04-2020 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭

I have a JRT and she is 7 years old.

She has started acting really weird.
    Hiding under couch
    Hiding behind trees in garden
    Hiding under cars

Often she will go outside and sit on the green and refuse to come back to the house.

I have given her a full visual inspection - no obvious problems. Ears are good. Nails are good. Legs, joints etc all good.

This is only happening since the whole family are at home due to lockdown. Maybe she is not used to it and finds it strange!

Any ideas or suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

If the house is full of noisy people suddenly, she may be worried/stressed? Who is normally home with her, or is she alone most of the day? Any changes to their routine can be unsettling for a dog

Is there someone in the family that she doesnt like, or dare I say it, is not nice to her??? The fact that shes hiding is a bit worrying. If its only happening since the house has everyone home you'll have to investigate further... start coaxing her in with high value treats, start playing outside with her, and maybe ask everyone to be quiet and still for a while when she comes indoors...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭Argo foc yourself

aonb wrote: »
    If the house is full of noisy people suddenly, she may be worried/stressed? Who is normally home with her, or is she alone most of the day? Any changes to their routine can be unsettling for a dog

Is there someone in the family that she doesnt like, or dare I say it, is not nice to her??? The fact that shes hiding is a bit worrying. If its only happening since the house has everyone home you'll have to investigate further... start coaxing her in with high value treats, start playing outside with her, and maybe ask everyone to be quiet and still for a while when she comes indoors...

I would not say noisey house. 2 adults and 2 teens. A real family dog and gets loads of attention. She sits on my knee all evening.
    She usually on her own 2 days a week only while we at work.

In back garden she is fine but if she goes out front she will not come back in and seems scared and shake even looking at front door.

I have to go pick her up and carry her in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Maybe she got a fright going through the front door at some stage? Did it slam while she was close by or going through? Maybe it banged against her as she walked through? Does it squeak?!? Who knows with these little doggos

Advertisement