Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Waters & Gemma O'Doherty to challenge lockdown in the high Court

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Gemma suffers from paranoid delusions and unfortunately, people tend to believe those with an internet soapbox. I do feel sorry for her family, I know very well what it's like to live with someone with paranoid schizophrenia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Long_Wave

To be fair Gemmas level of hate is 1 million times worse. Hate for migrants, hate for Black People, hate for non Irish, hate for Muslims, hate for LGBT people, hate for Mainstream journalism, hate for Mainstream politicians, hate for anyone who ever questions. As I have said repeatedly here she is an extremist hate monger.
    Why do you always get all over Gemma O'Dorherty threads like a bad rash ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Long_Wave wrote: »
    Why do you always get all over Gemma O'Dorherty threads like a bad rash ?

Is that you Gemma ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

One of the daftest things I've seen of her is the way she goes at the people in this shop for not selling pork. Just being flat out derogatory here

https://twitter.com/Ireunderworld/status/1249794142395342855

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭trashcan

One of the daftest things I've seen of her is the way she goes at the people in this shop for not selling pork. Just being flat out derogatory here

Sweet Jesus !! I don't know much about this woman, I've literally only ever seen her name on Boards. But that is just bat**** crazy. So Padraig Pearse died for rashers and sausages did he ? So that every butchers shop in Ireland should be forced to sell them ? So God gave us all the animals to eat did he ? Why aren't you eating dog and cat then Gemma ? And there is no other butcher in Swords you can get your pork from, no ? (And then there's that voice, Christ it would go through you !).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

trashcan wrote: »
    And then there's that voice, Christ it would go through you !).

Now I'm stealing from a twitter comment below the video, but her voice and tone is like a stiletto to the eye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Now I know they are going to get a lot of ridicule for this but the lockdown is almost certainly unconstitutional so I wish them luck. https://mobile.twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1250421661062459399

Quite rightly, when someone suggests and promotes criminality, Mods step in. But when someone hurrah actions that go against the social mores of practically the whole population, should such cheerleading be examined? Quite clearly, the Irish public accept this imposition quite stoically. This is not Michagan.

I can understand fully the Op reporting it but stating its almost certainly unconstitutional is a bit much. Sources please as to legal disquiet.

I believe most businesses should have been free to make there own decision. If for example a hairdresser decided to remain open it should have been their prerogative to do so and let individuals decide if they want to use the service or not.

Kind of a Quantum Model of Public Health then? If you observe this virus (p)article it's there and if you don't, it's a €. Or maybe a (long) wave?

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Kind of a Quantum Model of Public Health then? If you observe this virus (p)article it's there and if you don't, it's a €. Or maybe a (long) wave?

A certain stench emanates from this post, half-empty bottle of Blossom Hill Rose toppled over and the now the brown paper bag is shredded. It can't be all that dignified necking it back in a dimly lit corner of Tesco car park. And the Thesaurus got a soaking, the strain will be all too much conjuring up a sentence. Even the imaginary applause is muted. How to fill the cavernous void of a meaningless existence now? I lament your ongoing toil.

A certain stench emanates from this post, half-empty bottle of Blossom Hill Rose toppled over and the now the brown paper bag is shredded. It can't be all that dignified necking it back in a dimly lit corner of Tesco car park. And the Thesaurus got a soaking, now the strain will be all too much. Even the imaginary applause is muted. How to fill the cavernous void of a meaningless existence now? I lament your ongoing toil.

Always out on a tangent. Good lad Berkie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Beholders

I actually can't tell you the amount of times I have had to disprove them just for research, (I do enjoy though how Gamma's initials spell GOD though that is almost secondary school stuff going on there) both of them including John Waters and Gemma are still doing what they have always done, their opinionated Journalists as long as they are in the press they are happy (why cause that is where they felt safe). Oddly I feel sorry for both of them cause they have to much information (internet) and (they aren't able to process it) to them it's like brain over load, they went down the rabbit hole, but unfortunately today we need to use resources before we offer an opinion, we need to check facts and make sure are sources are accurate we can't print/ or say/thinking your allowed before it becomes misinformation. But we can always have an opinion (just it may not be right).

But I will gladly sit down with John and Gemma and discuss what they want to do, as someone that is impartial to their opinions, and hear what they have to say contact me through PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

When was this video taken/filmed? Was it recent?

Christ on bike? A sizable portion of the population is petrified of this virus and the damage it will do all around and all she has time for is shout about pork and sausages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

The video is a few months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

There's a particular kind of Irish person who's purist, chauvinistic and arrogant about being born and raised here of dual Irish parentage, I think a lot of them would gravitate towards the National Party and Gemma O'Doherty's philosophy, I think they'd even look down upon UK based Irish communities as 'mail boat tinkers' with 'tan' children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Be right back

owlbethere wrote: »
    When was this video taken/filmed? Was it recent?

Christ on bike? A sizable portion of the population is petrified of this virus and the damage it will do all around and all she has time for is shout about pork and sausages.

And poor Noleen didn't get her sausages and rashers...

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Braids

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=113166700

These two are wasting TAX PAYERS MONEY, seeking publicity for themselves and their OWN GAIN.

I suggest they take their concerns and INVEST the funds they have for solicitors in promoting a CANCER or Cystic Fibrosis charity - which needs funding on a daily/weekly basis. Or, make a contribution to their local Community secondary school's learning support department.
    Who's with me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭threeball

Braids wrote: »

These two are wasting TAX PAYERS MONEY, seeking publicity for themselves and their OWN GAIN.

I suggest they take their concerns and INVEST the funds they have for solicitors in promoting a CANCER or Cystic Fibrosis charity - which needs funding on a daily/weekly basis. Or, make a contribution to their local Community secondary school's learning support department.
    Who's with me?

That wouldnt give them the oxygen of publicity they crave. Celebrities in their own tiny minds.

Hopefully the two if them get a good dose that knocks the sh1t out of them. A couple of days gasping for breath will at least give the rest of us a break from their ramblings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Braids wrote: »

Who's with me?

Wrong.

They're bringing a Judicial Review action to have the constitutionality of the legislation reviewed by a High Court Judge to ensure its compliance. The President should have done that by referring the legislation to the Council of State or the Supreme Court before signing it, given the extensive interference with personal rights outside of wartime, but he didn't.

Now If O'D and W had issued a plenary summons for damages alleging their constitutional rights had been interfered with, that would be for their own gain certainly - but they're not doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭uptherebels

Wrong.

They're bringing a Judicial Review action to have the constitutionality of the legislation reviewed by a High Court Judge to ensure its compliance. The President should have done that by referring the legislation to the Council of State or the Supreme Court before signing it, given the extensive interference with personal rights outside of wartime, but he didn't.

Now If O'D and W had issued a plenary summons for damages alleging their constitutional rights had been interfered with, that would be for their own gain certainly - but they're not doing that.

If only there was more than one way to use a court case for personal gain🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

That is embarrassing to watch.
    It seems like this woman is unwell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

He doesn't sell Guinness either. Would she have him apply for a liquor licence?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

That is embarrassing to watch.
    It seems like this woman is unwell.

Apart from being unwell.. She is a vile evil dangerous racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Two total losers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

The Nal wrote: »
    Two total losers.

For your sake Nal you should hope not.

Not a chance in hell of gigs returning as long as these rules are on the statute books, "curve flattened" or not.

Not a chance in hell of gigs returning as long as these rules are on the statute books, "curve flattened" or not.

As in concerts? It's unlikely that we will see any this year, that's the reality. But that's not unique to Ireland, it's gonna apply across Europe and likely the US. Sporting events may take place in empty stadiums. It's necessary to avoid a resurgence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

Whether she wins or loses...and she will lose, the outcome will not affect the return of gigs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Any idea what the pair are trying to achieve from this malarkey?

Notice?

Utter ego trippers..

Her buffoons have arrived at the Four Courts and have utterly no idea of how idiotic they are being. Also managed to interfere with a legal application for a special needs child.

https://twitter.com/riadach/status/1252545465805148160?s=19

https://twitter.com/GarNob/status/1252555016394735617?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,123 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

paw patrol wrote: »
    I find the attitudes here bizarre. Really fcukin weird.

It is good and proper that our laws are tested in court. This is a good thing - should be seen as such.
    Only a moron would object to that.

Love the lockdown or loath it - your liking should be irrelevant , a proper free society should allow and delight at these challenges. It shows the system works and prevents excessive government control.

The vitriol here is amazing , this lockdown for some on boards its like "Papal Infallibility" ,it cannot be questioned.
    This awe of our betters should have died out decades ago.

We know governments can be correct at times, make mistakes at times or be downright nefarious at times . So why the gung-ho blind following of them?

The lads in government and the HSE are not infallible and nor are they make from better clay than the rest of us (to misquote Frederic Bastiat) . Not to question or challenge them is moronic.

only a moron would enter a place of work and not adhere to the social distancing to protect the workers and also to allow the courts to function ...only an absolute bellend would do that am i wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Great to see the team getting all nice and close together for the family photo.

https://twitter.com/MaryCarolanIT/status/1252619283689062406?s=19

Hope they didn't catch anything from the 5g mast though

Advertisement