Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Waters & Gemma O'Doherty to challenge lockdown in the high Court

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

That lad calls himself a "professional GAA player." Does such a thing exist?

There are actually people who are as good as professional GAA players.
    Oh and professional GAA managers ;)
    kingbhome wrote: »
    We don't live in the US or other eu states. If your making that comparison then you might aswell throw in North Korea aswell. We live in Ireland with Irish police

Ah FFS.
    Are you now equating EU police forces to North Korea.
    I think it's a case of somebody who has not dissimilar views who wants to distance those views from Gemma.

Ah but you see Joeytheparrot and others are trying to associate anyone with differing views on topical issues such as asylum seekers, refugees, migrants, islamists as being akin to this fruit loop.
    It is a way of shutting down any discussion on those topics.
    Label them a nazi or gemma o doherty and they will shut up with inconvenient facts and truths.

Idiots like this clown HATES everyone and anyone.
    First you think they hate anyone that isn't white native Irish, but then you find they hate ones that don't go back 10 generations, then it is non Christians, then it is non catholics, then non right wing opus dei types, then right wing catholic types that want a lockdown to protect themselves and their relatives.

There is no end to it.
    It boils down to anyone that disagrees with her cuckoo ideas.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,730 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Her behavior in that car was vile...

What sort of lowlife would behave like that to a complete stranger? Relishing it....

Filled with hate..

And too arrogant and ignorant to realize that had she conducted her wee personal protest with even an ounce of grace and decorum, folks may consider applauding it.

BTW, why was she allowed continue on her journey? Was she in breach of the rules here?

At least the recording of it really does highlight to many what sort of toerag is out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭Field east

The new Mick Wallace and Claire Daly?

After PaulMurphys , TD, interview with Pat Keny this morn is there any chance that this could be made into a trio of likeminded people on the public stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

jmayo wrote: »
    For all the shyte she is spouting about our Guards, if she pulled that shyte in other jurisdictions she would be pulled out of the car, spreadeagled face down on the road, handcuffed and dumped in the back of a police car.

The Gardai are trying to do their job, they don't want to be out there having to stop muppets like her driving around the place.

And would she ever cop to fook on that everyone is supposed to know who she is or what she looks like.
    I have heard a lot about her, but never clapped eyes on her so wouldn't know her from Eve.
    I wouldn't recognise her, well until she opened that big trap of hers or maybe if she was in tow with that fruit loop Waters.

She is a grade A moron and I just hope she gets covid and has to crawl to hospital begging for help from the same authorities that she insults every other day.

Agree with you, would love to see her try that in France with the brick house cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sam22

She is no loss from irish politics.pompous and self opinionated ol bat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,113 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

This was a leaflet from within the last 2 years I'm talking about. Your comment there even shows she's picking on things that are topical. She isn't sincere in anything at all. Shes just a sh!t stirrer.

An extremist far right **** stirrer. Why do you keep trying to pretend she's not far right?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,485 ✭✭✭TheChizler

All that poll will achieve is convincing her she has the support of the millions of people that don't sign it. Best to just ignore her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

She would love this. Better to be infamous than never be famous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Gemma o Doherty was stopped at a covid-19 checkpoint on the quays in Dublin recently and was very unhappy about it,

She threw out lines that she was speaking for the Irish people and said the guard would be stripped off her uniform and pension because they had no right to ask her reason for travel

Personally I didn't know much of Gemma before this incident and I didn't really care for her, but after watching the video that she posted herself, I'm disgusted at the behavior she had towards the guard.

So get the popcorn and have a look here at the video and share your thoughts after, personally I would've been happy to see the guard pull her from the car and throw her in the liffey but that's just me !

https://youtu.be/87CpYKvBYyw

:o The cringe is off the charts

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    :o The cringe is off the charts

"And you know exactly, you know exactly who were are, you should know if you don't know, this is the probably the most important legal action taken in the history of the state".

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,023 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I wonder how she makes money. Is she working on the side? :confused:

Normally i'd say it's none of my business but she insists on throwing herself in front of the public so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭Pretzill

What a nasty individual she is, why is she getting so much air here, and on social media in general. There's a rock somewhere waiting for her to crawl back beneath and that can't happen soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭chewed

Horrible, patronising old bint. Whether you agree with the lockdown or not is no basis to verbally attack the Gardaí.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

Why, so people can "stick it to the man" , spread the virus around and kill some people?

Yeah, thatd be super awesome.

That Gemma is an awful article anyway but I would have expected more from Waters but I’m obviously mistaken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Normally i'd say it's none of my business but she insists on throwing herself in front of the public so...

Probably getting donations or something from retard wing supporters from the likes of the states etc, people like her are usually part of a greater cohort of shítstirrers who get money by roping in the gulliable, the stupid and the utterly braindead to back her pathetic agenda.
    chewed wrote: »
    Horrible, patronising old bint. Whether you agree with the lockdown or not is no basis to verbally attack the Gardaí.

People like her go out of their way to attack anyone with more authority than them purely because their miserable little Napoleon complex cant take the fact that they're not the ones with power, the vast majority of the coppers out there are a reasonable sort they're only out there doing their job they don't deserve this kind of absolute bile from a braindead Karen like her. End of the day she can't stand being told what to do even though there's a valid reason behind it all (ie. containing a virulent and highly dangerous virus to the elderly) and that they'll throw their toys out of the pram because they think they can get away with it.
    JDxtra wrote: »
    She is showing the downside of social media.

She's a twisted, disgusting individual. I'm sure one day she'll upset the wrong person.

The problem with the likes of Facebook and that is on the one hand they don't want to be seen as stifling freedom of speech but at the same time they're facilitating the likes of her by allowing idiot's, gobshíte's and astroturfers to basically blast out endless amounts of endless shíte like great replacement, 5g conspiracies etc, they really should come down much harder and much quicker and outright ban and delete posts like they always have on forums like this, having an opinion is one thing but pushing lies as facts should be grounds for terminating their accounts purely on the account of spreading misinformation. If the likes of her weren't able to get shíte out to begin with it would seriously blunt these movements.

chewed wrote: »

Not even that, she is just attacking a human being.....remove the uniform...what sort of vile creature would address someone the way she did? Utter toerag....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,247 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Most of these grifters have a "donate" option on their youtube pages, websites, twitter bios etc. A lot of her idiot followers would donate money.

During live streams on youtube for example, you can pay (and receive money) via the Super Chat function to have your comment appear on the top of the stream. The more you pay, the longer the comment gets pinned.

So if you're targeting social media addicts who can't help themselves, its fairly easy to rack up the cash doing a stream every night, even with youtube taking 30%. This is why she was so pissed off with the youtube ban. Huge revenue stream taken away.

This one is a laugh.

Capture.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,722 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Paulownia wrote: »
    That Gemma is an awful article anyway but I would have expected more from Waters but I’m obviously mistaken

Really, he's long been an absolute prat, even before the cracks started to appear. Most of his columns were nonsense misogynistic tripe for years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,077 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

eviltwin wrote: »
    Do the gardai not have power to arrest someone behaving like that?

The gardai will do everything in there power not to arrest people in Covid checkpoints unless they have to, well most will. Let them blow of there steam

The gardai will do everything in there power not to arrest people in Covid checkpoints unless they have to, well most will. Let them blow of there steam

The Gardai are there to enforce the laws of the land....

I assume that they have discretionary abilities depending on the circumstance.

I wonder what, if any discretion they had here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Central Services

walshb wrote: »
    The Gardai are there to enforce the laws of the land....

I assume that they have discretionary abilities depending on the circumstance.

I wonder what, if any discretion they had here?

Being a horrible, abusive cnut is not against the law.

Once she provided her details and had a valid reason for where she was going (court) then she hasn't contravened any law.

I was just going to say, why are Gardaí so docile and just stand there and take all this crap. If someone were to try that in any other EU state or in the USA they'd be pulled sideways out through the car and have their face pressed into the tarmac.

What is the reason why Gardaí are so so docile and non-confrontational compared to other police forces when faced with aggressive argumentative people.

While there's plenty of good Practices in other eu states and we would do well to mimic them, I wouldn't like to lose the connection between the Gardai and the citizens who for the most part are polite, friendly and complimentary at the checkpoints.

Being a horrible, abusive cnut is not against the law.

Once she provided her details and had a valid reason for where she was going (court) then she hasn't contravened any law.

Actually, there are laws that Gardai can use to people verbally abusing them. I am pretty sure the gardai could use it in this instance....it's quite subjective....nothing would have been nicer than to have seen that woman removed from the car and put into a squad car.

"Threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour in a public place

It is an offence to use threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour in a public place with the intention of breaching the peace. For example, if your words or actions are likely to cause a fight with the person you are insulting, or a group of youths is looking for trouble because of their threatening behaviour towards other people. If you are found guilty of this offence you can be liable to class D fine and to a prison sentence of up to 3 months."

But I was more wondering if she had breached Covid related laws here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Re: saying she's had a breakdown...I know people who have had mental breakdowns and they never became hate filled vile individuals like her. I think she's just a c**t. Some people are just c**ts and there's no explanation for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Central Services

Actually, there are laws that Gardai can use to people verbally abusing them. I am pretty sure the gardai could use it in this instance....it's quite subjective....nothing would have been nicer than to have seen that woman removed from the car and put into a squad car.

"Threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour in a public place

It is an offence to use threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour in a public place with the intention of breaching the peace. For example, if your words or actions are likely to cause a fight with the person you are insulting, or a group of youths is looking for trouble because of their threatening behaviour towards other people. If you are found guilty of this offence you can be liable to class D fine and to a prison sentence of up to 3 months."

But I was more wondering if she had breached Covid related laws here?

There was no breach of the peace. There is some case law on that as well where a breach of the peace cannot occur if only a garda was present.

She wasn't breaking any covid law because she was going to the High Court, as was her passenger.
    Hence the Garda Sergeant did not stop her from continuing.

Re: saying she's had a breakdown...I know people who have had mental breakdowns and they never became hate filled vile individuals like her. I think she's just a c**t. Some people are just c**ts and there's no explanation for it.

On here at least from reading the various threads it seems to be that some people state it as an excuse, usually somewhere the words "I don't agree with everything thing she says but" appear in their post and others genuinely think she has because they can't comprehend someone being like her and anyone else she hangs out with, sh1tes on about.

But no I don't think she's had a breakdown or feel sorry for her or Walters as they are just trying to scam the usual low hanging fruitcakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

dan1895 wrote: »
    Watch what happens when the reporter tries to ask a legitimate question. Blocked and ignored just like when she is challenged online.

All for freedom of speech but refuses to answer questions.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1255121212973465602?s=19

One thing I cannot figure out. In the videos where she gets confronted, she has a bouncer with her, and here he is again (in green with his earphones in at the end).

Where in gods name is she getting the money to do all of this? Bringing a case to the HC, has a bouncer, what the hell?

Ah the owl get out of jail card that’s thrown around like confetti these days..

I think this latest video of her has done her serious damage. She’s not only shown her vileness, but also, her menace!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

I was just going to say, why are Gardaí so docile and just stand there and take all this crap. If someone were to try that in any other EU state or in the USA they'd be pulled sideways out through the car and have their face pressed into the tarmac.

What is the reason why Gardaí are so so docile and non-confrontational compared to other police forces when faced with aggressive argumentative people.

because they are a police force with no political media or legal support and had that garda arrested gemma she would no doubt have (wrongly) been at least subject to a long and invasive investigation and possibly a media led court trial.

its attention she wants and the cop arresting her whould have given her more of that , so a good job done well by a professional and clever cop

There was no breach of the peace. There is some case law on that as well where a breach of the peace cannot occur if only a garda was present.

She wasn't breaking any covid law because she was going to the High Court, as was her passenger.
    Hence the Garda Sergeant did not stop her from continuing.

You need only be reckless as to if a breach of the peace may occur and that case law was reversed a long time ago.

Threatening the Garda with the sack and she will get hers. It's subjective and ultimately for a judge to decide.

Gintonious wrote: »
    One thing I cannot figure out. In the videos where she gets confronted, she has a bouncer with her, and here he is again (in green with his earphones in at the end).

Where in gods name is she getting the money to do all of this? Bringing a case to the HC, has a bouncer, what the hell?

The states?
    Most of the sh1te she and others go on about seems to originate from there anyway, but probably a few locals donating too as well as the likes of Declan Ganley according to some posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Cool it with the misogyny

You are bringing gender into it....

mynamejeff wrote: »
    because they are a police force with no political media or legal support and had that garda arrested gemma she would no doubt have (wrongly) been at least subject to a long and invasive investigation and possibly a media led court trial.

its attention she wants and the cop arresting her whould have given her more of that , so a good job done well by a professional and clever cop

Ok, but are you suggesting she should not be arrested because it may give her publicity? Because that would be ridiculous. The Gardaí are to be above all this, and are to do their job....

There is no place for this wondering and thinking with our laws...

You breach or break the law, and you face the consequences, and circumstances or opinions should never get in the way of that..

I am not saying she should have been arrested, btw. I am simply making the point that Gardaí should uphold the laws without any emotion or bias or ulterior motives...

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

You are bringing gender into it....

Calling a woman a C*nt isn't misogynistic anymore?

Funny because the entire feminist/progressive axis were telling us it was for the past few decades.

Isn't it hilarious how easily the mask of progressivness slips off and reveals the foaming at the mouth, unstable, highly aggressive character underneath.

For this alone I commend Gemma.

Funny because the entire feminist/progressive axis were telling us it was for the past few decades.

Isn't it hilarious how easily the mask of progressivness slips off and reveals the foaming at the mouth, unstable, highly aggressive character underneath.

That word is vile, and men are also labeled with it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

You commend Gemma for being a ****? Fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I would have said the same if she were a man so cool it with your faux outrage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Long_Wave

The men of 1916 would be absolutely disgusted at the mob of Gemma haters who have taken over this country, brainwashed fools sitting on their hole at home on €350 dole perweek.

Long_Wave wrote: »
    The men of 1916 would be absolutely disgusted at the mob of Gemma haters who have taken over this country, brainwashed fools sitting on their hole at home on €350 dole perweek.

No, they wouldn’t...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,233 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I really wonder how people like this come to exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

How do you know what the men and Women of 1916 think?

Shows you stupidity that you don’t even know women fought in 1916....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭This is it

I wonder are their minds so warped that they believe they're doing the nation justice, or are they just a pair of attention seeking clowns?

• Advertisement

This is it wrote: »
    I wonder are their minds so warped that they believe they're doing the nation justice, or are they just a pair of attention seeking clowns?

Come on, what do you think?!!

Utter attention seeking wagons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭This is it

Most likely, but the little I've read of Gemma O'Doherty would have me believe that she's a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Maybe a combination of both.

They are on the outrage threadmill now and need to keep.their actions in line with american conservativism to keep money rolling in through patreon etc

Though by taking on gaurds/state,they are getting in over their head imo,and gonna lead alot of their followers to jail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,233 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'm still wondering whose work it was she took credit for all those years ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

It’s only attention, nobody talk about her and she would be off at some other stupidity

• Advertisement
Advertisement