Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Waters & Gemma O'Doherty to challenge lockdown in the high Court

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The garda helicopter could have whipped up a nice crowd dispersing sandstorm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

rubadub wrote: »
    The garda helicopter could have whipped up a nice crowd dispersing sandstorm.

What crowd?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

The Nal wrote: »
    Gems and John a complete joke now. Instead of protests they're just being pranked sort of Jackass style.

What a pathetic turnout aswell.

Would be nice to see such a prank on the crowd who were outside the GPO last Saturday. They are planning to do the same next Saturday at 2pm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

Anyone know what the falling out with gemma and that yoke deeeloorress was over ? Have a bit if a twitter spat the other day. Two utter mongs

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,488 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It seems their challenge against the Covid restrictions goes no further. Anything non-Covid related can be posted in the relevant CA thread rather than here

Thread closed

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,488 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

And it appears they are "appealing" (not a word I should really associate with them)

I'm re-opening the thread, but please keep it to the topic of their challenge to coronavirus restrictions. Anyone going off at a tangent can expect to be threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

From what the judge has said, it seems Gems insistence on “utterly pointless” speeches may cost them. A lot.

There were no exceptional circumstances raised by the applicants that would allow the court deviate from the normal rule that the losing party should pay the costs of the proceedings according to the Times.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

The Nal wrote: »
    From what the judge has said, it seems Gems insistence on “utterly pointless” speeches may cost them. A lot.

There were no exceptional circumstances raised by the applicants that would allow the court deviate from the normal rule that the losing party should pay the costs of the proceedings according to the Times.

lol

Is that not "according to the state's lawyers" rather than the Times?

RTE's report says O'D complained in court that she had been detained by Gardaí on her way to court... I assume that means the time she was stopped at a checkpoint and started filming? Absolute gowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Boggles wrote: »

What sort of money would they be looking at here?

• Advertisement

Glebee wrote: »
    What sort of money would they be looking at here?

It's more than fifty thousand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Great news.
    All going well it bankrupts the two of them to the point they can’t afford a laptop and internet connection

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

It's more than fifty thousand.

Together or individually?

Either way it's good news

Might give them pause in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bocaman

Some Irish-American Republican Party racist will probably foot the bill for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

No don't they'll refuse to pay, be brought to court over it, and then claim it's discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Big Vern

No don't they'll refuse to pay, be brought to court over it, and then claim it's discrimination.

She has already said that they are appealing the case and wont be paying a cent to the un-elected government.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Big Vern wrote:
    She has already said that they are appealing the case and wont be paying a cent to the un-elected government.

They got a lot more votes than she did!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Where have the constitutional experts who backed their challenge so belligerently gone. I’d be fascinated to hear their take on the rulings of the court

They got a lot more votes than she did!

Aren't they still in government because of the constitution she loves so much!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Over €50k but under €100k.
    Seems small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Big Vern wrote: »

Brilliant, lock them up so.

Brilliant, lock them up so.

Im sure if you or I didn't pay a 50k debt we'd be dealt with quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭pjdarcy

I'd be surprised if a Go Fund Me page doesn't appear shortly :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

It's good news that they will have to pay for their costs. Countries the world over went into great turmoil over this virus and that pair were trouble makers completely ignorant and bling to the reasons restrictions were implemented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Someone tell Gemma they pay the state not a government.

pjdarcy wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if a Go Fund Me page doesn't appear shortly :rolleyes:

Revenue should go in and investigate the pair of them. Will they be declaring any money donated from people for their cause.

Someone tell Gemma they pay the state not a government.

Truth be told, I don't know how the system works about the courts and payments but I read the tweet up above and thought what a load of codswallop from her. It's not the government that is paid when a court fee is paid.

She is looking for donations already!!!

Gemma O'Doherty
    @gemmaod1
    ·
    2h
    Replying to
    @CCus19
    Gemma O’Doherty is funding me but you’re welcome to make a small donation to http://anti-corruptionireland.com to help to rid Ireland of corruption. Be assured it won’t go into the pockets of the illegal government to pay their treasonous lawyers

12:08 PM · Jun 4, 2020·Twitter for iPad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

bocaman wrote: »
    Some Irish-American Republican Party racist will probably foot the bill for them.

Irish Americans likely only support a Pro United Ireland group, not a British fascist front

The people behind that pair are anti-Irish British nationalists, Gemma is their regional head.

The people Gemma and John work for hate our constitution, don’t believe Ireland has a right to exist nor do they agree with Irish unification or sovereignty.

Everyone knows this. Gemma’s loyalist friends burn our flag regularly, she refuses to answer these things on twitter

Irish media have always chosen to ignore the far British right in Ireland, so as to blame Sinn Féin or something

Advertisement