Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing Accounts

Options
  • 15-04-2020 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can someone here help me with the following queries:

Number 1:
    I requested to close my account last Thursday and am waiting on confirmation of this to be completed. In the meantime i have noticed that the account has the following charges applied to it, after the balance was 0.00 on the day of closing request.
    • DEBIT TX 250 - 0.04c
    • DEBIT TX 260 - 5.10c

[*]
    Can someone clarify what this is, and explain why these have been applied to the account?

Number 2:
    I wish to close a joint account as well, what steps are needed to complete this process?

Number 3:
    One of these accounts has a credit card attached to it, can this card be attached to a different bank account with a different bank so that it can be paid off?

Number 4:
    Once the credit card balance is paid off, what do I need to do to close it? Also what fees are attached to closing off the credit card?

Thanks.
    Backspacer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

backspacer wrote: »
    Hi,

Number 1:
    I requested to close my account last Thursday and am waiting on confirmation of this to be completed. In the meantime i have noticed that the account has the following charges applied to it, after the balance was 0.00 on the day of closing request.
    • DEBIT TX 250 - 0.04c
    • DEBIT TX 260 - 5.10c

[*]
    Can someone clarify what this is, and explain why these have been applied to the account?

Number 2:
    I wish to close a joint account as well, what steps are needed to complete this process?

Number 3:
    One of these accounts has a credit card attached to it, can this card be attached to a different bank account with a different bank so that it can be paid off?

Number 4:
    Once the credit card balance is paid off, what do I need to do to close it? Also what fees are attached to closing off the credit card?

Thanks.
    Backspacer.
    [*]
    Hi Backspacer,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

For account specific information we would recommend that you contact our customer service team on 0818365365 who will be more than happy to confirm the transactions on your account. Although from the description this may be in relation to fees owed such as the 5 euro maintenance fee applicable to all customers and 10 cent transaction fee which would be debited prior to the closure of the account.

To submit. A request to close your joint account please see here for our online account closure form.

In relation to the credit card account to update the account the direct debit payment is taken from you can contact our credit card services team on 0818251251 and one of our advisors will be happy to complete this for you. Once the card is paid off you can call our advisors who will be happy to close off the account for you.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen 

Thanks Jen 

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

backspacer wrote: »
    Hi,

Number 1:
    • DEBIT TX 250 - 0.04c
    • DEBIT TX 260 - 5.10c

[*]

Number 2:

Number 3:

Number 4:

Thanks.
    Backspacer.

[*]
    Hi Backspacer,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

For account specific information we would recommend that you contact our customer service team on 0818365365 who will be more than happy to confirm the transactions on your account. Although from the description this may be in relation to fees owed such as the 5 euro maintenance fee applicable to all customers and 10 cent transaction fee which would be debited prior to the closure of the account.

To submit. A request to close your joint account please see here for our online account closure form.

In relation to the credit card account to update the account the direct debit payment is taken from you can contact our credit card services team on 0818251251 and one of our advisors will be happy to complete this for you. Once the card is paid off you can call our advisors who will be happy to close off the account for you.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen 

Thanks Jen 
    [*]
    Hi Jen,

Thanks for the information, can someone here confirm whether an account is closed for me?

I have tried to get information through customer service but are unable to provide me with the information needed.

If someone here can help that would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Backspacer,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Account closure requests may take up to 10 working days to fully process. You will be notified if we require more information. Once this account is closed, you will be sent a closing statement.

For security, we would not have account access to check this as this is not a verified channel.

Many thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement