Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Charging for no reason?

Options
  • 15-04-2020 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

I have my son on a pre pay No limits data and unlimited calls plan. I have the €20 set up as a direct debit every month and everything seemed perfect. For some reason though in April Eir have started taking €1.6179 every day for 7 days for Data?

No idea why this has randomly started/stopped. Whats more confusing is my son is on lockdown and his phone is connected to the house wifi so not even using his mobile data?

Ive checked the account, the offer is ticked as active. I thought it may be to do with the timing of the direct debit to his account but it didnt happen in the 4 months previously.

Has anyone had this happen to them on Eir pre pay before? Once I can get through to them Ill ask .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭Murt10

mikerd4 wrote: »
    Once I can get through to them Ill ask .

Good luck with that.

I previously spent over a couple of hours with my phone on speaker trying to talk to an assisant at EIR.

Eventually got through and told assistant that I wanted to cancel my contract (as I was fully entitled to do without charge) as it was only day 3 or 4 of the statutory cooling off period.

"I can't help you", says the company rep. "I'll put you in the queue to talk to someone from cancellations". "How many is before me in the queue"? I asked. "12" she replied.

She had no idea of how long it would take to speak to someone who would take my cancellation.

I rang off.

Eventually, with the help of COMREG, EIR stopped trying to insist that they had a valid contract with me. After this they went ahead and illegally took money from my account, which was eventually returned.

They're still sending bills out to be, but I have them redirected to thrash, where the whole company belongs.

Lessons learned:
    1. EIR have absolutely ZERO regard for your time
    2. EIR dn't care about customer relations
    3. EIR will keep sending you out bills long after your contract is finnished
    4. EIR only have to con a few people into making a payment to them, that they should not be making and they're quids in
    5. EIR are the worst company by far I have ever dealt with.

Some of my friends have also had extraordinarily difficult times with EIR. My advice is to cancel immediately and cut your losses. Life is too short to deal with the likes of them.

I think a report to the Garda fraud office and the arrest of some senior executives is the only solution for these sharks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Eir prepay takes the 20e to activate the plan allowances. Has there been an extra 5/10 euro top up applied by you/him in between the 4 week top up interval?

For those top up PAYG plans it's better to have no spare credit for eir to take and only use the plan allowances. What's his usage...calls/data or texts/data?

1.61 + 23% VAT = 2.00 so it's a 2e charge for something, the daily data charge for out of plan data is 1.99 so of it's that then it's some error on their side if within the 28 days of the plan.

Advertisement