Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Releases 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

This company sickens me on every level.. where is all the Saudi money? How much did they spend on Cain, Fury, Gronk, Goldberg?

In addition to tonight, this week has ( allegedly) bribed Florida Officials, continued to stage live shows for tv and on last nights DSOTR, it was mentioned how he ( allegedly) helped cover up the murder of jimmy Snukas girlfriend.. WWE is the ultimate heel company. Been watching this for over 30 years and find myself increasingly despising everything to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,181 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Fightful are also reporting: "NXT talent is being provided 30 days of pay and then are free to do whatever they want."

All the roster? That’s the prince gone then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

They haven’t clarified
    I assume it’s just those released and they won’t have a non compete clause

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    In a time when clarity is needed that is a horribly worded tweet and could be interpreted a certain way.

He's cleared it up....

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1250543392905404417
    I realize this thread is vague, apologies, it's been a hectic day. This is about the released talent only. Sorry for the confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Think Hunter might have had a word there anyhow. Ha ha the Forgotten Sons got called up to SD at the right time!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Lord TSC wrote: »
    A good half the guys released today are ones I’m shocked they lasted as long as they did. Primo and Epico, Jose, Ryder....lads who are never on TV, and were only kept to pad out house shows that are no longer running.

I’d say anyone who hasn’t been on TV much recently will be nervous today. WWE have been hoarding talent like Pokemon, but this is making them question the value of a lot of these guys, and the fact is most so far have zero genuine value.

Sucks for the individuals though. Drakes video is heartbreaking. Hopefully, when things settle, he and others will help boost the indy scene which will be hit hard.

Like you say, I feel sorry for every individual who is permamently out and also those in temporary.

In terms of those going permanent, WWE have long had a bloated roster and many who are leaving will not be surprised that they are heading out. Why WWE were paying so many to do so little is one of the great mysteries. The companies ability to pay people or Vince's bank balance do not mean they should have people on the payroll that they do not need.

In terms of those leaving on the furlough, it is very poor form from the WWE and they should have a greater sense of protecting people imo. While they are off the road they won't need them but it was very quick to hit push and leave them on their own when they are needed when they get back going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

TimesArrow wrote: »
    This company sickens me on every level.. where is all the Saudi money? How much did they spend on Cain, Fury, Gronk, Goldberg?

In addition to tonight, this week has ( allegedly) bribed Florida Officials, continued to stage live shows for tv and on last nights DSOTR, it was mentioned how he ( allegedly) helped cover up the murder of jimmy Snukas girlfriend.. WWE is the ultimate heel company. Been watching this for over 30 years and find myself increasingly despising everything to do with it

They have in excess of $500 million in cash reserves.

They are just protecting their profit margin. The company is not in trouble in any way, shape or form. Vince is just trying to keep the stock price high and ensure his net worth goes up another X million this year.

Always wonder how Wwe get away with not honouring contacts. I mean a 5 year deal isnt a 5 year deal then if they can just drop you at any time they want, and then you cant work anywhere else for 3 months to boot.

The contracts are worded so they can terminate the deal at will but the talent can't.

Long past time they had a union. Will never happen, of course.

I wonder what kind of commentary edits AEW are doing now for tonight show.

Brodie Lee will have some fun.

I don't see AEW poking fun. They are much more attuned to optics and public perception than Vince is.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So NXT is done in a month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nope. What he meant is any NXT talent being released will get 30 days pay. I think I read Raw talent get 90 days

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So NXT is done in a month?

No, I think i was meant that any NXT roster member let go is paid for 30 days or something

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Daniel Bryan's contract is ending this year and he has hinted that he will retire or go part time so he could be the big name.

Rey has an out on his contract this year as well.

Bryan could be safe because of his Bella missus

I see Rusev is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

These people who have fake accounts pretending there wwe superstars/agents who just been fired are so very weird

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

In one way its sad, so many losing their jobs with no real way of getting a new one in the foreseeable future. So bigger names like Ryder, Angle and Rusev will be ok.

Can only see AEW picking the top talent from that bunch but will they even be in a position to hire themselves?

That said WWE have been hoarding talent for ages and have waaay too much talent on their books. Most if not all have been wasted.

Rusev never recovered after his loss to Cena, very talented man and WWE never knew what to do with him.

Drake is a loss and was never used enough.

EC3 was never used at all, why sign him at all.

I still have my fingers crossed that Corbin is canned just so I never see him on WWE again.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    In one way its sad, so many losing their jobs with no real way of getting a new one in the foreseeable future. So bigger names like Ryder, Angle and Rusev will be ok.

Can only see AEW picking the top talent from that bunch but will they even be in a position to hire themselves?

That said WWE have been hoarding talent for ages and have waaay too much talent on their books. Most if not all have been wasted.

Rusev never recovered after his loss to Cena, very talented man and WWE never knew what to do with him.

Drake is a loss and was never used enough.

EC3 was never used at all, why sign him at all.

I still have my fingers crossed that Corbin is canned just so I never see him on WWE again.

They love Corbin. He's going nowhere.

Sadly.

Who is going to show up in AEW ??

OMG what's Ryder Z and Heath doing in the Impact zone

Monokne wrote: »
    They love Corbin. He's going nowhere.

Sadly.

I know. God damn it.

So much real underutilised talent gone. I wonder were they offered their release or did WWE just cut them.

Im sure Rusev was on good money, he resigned under a year ago right. Say he got a good pay off.

Guys like Deonna will get **** all though.

"Would you like to have no job in a pandemic? :D

They cut them.

The NXT releases will be the most interesting thing because they've so much good talent stockpiled down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Tamina is sitting back on a lounger with a cocktail. She'd survive a fúcking nuke, useless wagon.

At least Logan tried to get better.

• Advertisement

Monokne wrote: »
    "Would you like to have no job in a pandemic? :D

They cut them.

The NXT releases will be the most interesting thing because they've so much good talent stockpiled down there.

The main roster cuts I can understand, giys like Rusev Mike Bennett, The Revival, Zack Ryder, Kurt Anglr Gallows Anderson... all you would imagine would be on decent money and it would make sense to cut.

The liked of Deonna us an odd one. Heaps of in ring ability, you would imagine shes on a low enough contract and would he worth holding onto

Id have realeased, Tyler Breeze, Fandango or Towzwa iver her as they had main roster contracts and rarely used.

Hell from a talent POV Kona Reeves, or Shotzi Blackheart woukd get the boot first.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Tamina is sitting back on a lounger with a cocktail. She'd survive a fúcking nuke, useless wagon.

At least Logan tried to get better.

Shes like the guy who was in Cryme Tyme who took years to get released

The Singh Brothers survived too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Norman Smiley gone. I really enjoyed him back in WCW , was a highly regarded trainer it seemed also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Sirsok wrote: »
    Norman Smiley gone. I really enjoyed him back in WCW , was a highly regarded trainer it seemed also

There was a fake Twitter saying he was gone but no confirmation of it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

From about 3 minutes on Brian Zane absolutely nails it. Also love his call to support independent wrestling.

Sirsok wrote: »

The same twitter account also used to pretend to be Samu from the Headshrinkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Omackeral wrote: »
    From about 3 minutes on Brian Zane absolutely nails it. Also love his call to support independent wrestling.

OTT is one of the best independent wrestling companies in the world, look at the talent they had coming over for their shows, the AEW Champion Jon Moxley (said it in my head as the AEW ring announcer) :D NWA is another cracker of a company doing the right things. Indies are vital to the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

If you look at it., a lot of the stars yesterday were RAW talents, so is NXT next or Smackdown talent? Either way I think this has been coming WWE have been holding onto talent just so they wouldn’t go anywhere else. Rowan shocked me I’ve to say, most of the others didn’t rally with their lack of usage. Then again when you think it Rowan and how stupid that spider thing was at the end. Joining Brodie Lee in AEW would be tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

If you look at it., a lot of the stars yesterday were RAW talents, so is NXT next or Smackdown talent? Either way I think this has been coming WWE have been holding onto talent just so they wouldn’t go anywhere else. Rowan shocked me I’ve to say, most of the others didn’t rally with their lack of usage. Then again when you think it Rowan and how stupid that spider thing was at the end. Joining Brodie Lee in AEW would be tasty.

That was the talk last night
    That yesterday was the Raw cull
    nXt will be today
    Smackdown Saturday/Monday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

A lot of jabronis and younger talent cut.

One really only high profile talent cut and that was Kurt Angle. Kurt doesn't seem to have the mind to be a producer so I can see why he was giving the booth.

Ruthless stuff but for the talent that was cut not surprising. Many had more than enough chances to make inroads but just didnt have the "it" factor.

Im sure they will do well in smaller promotions like NWA, ROH, AEW and New Japan.

Advertisement