Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blink Mini v something else?

• 15-04-2020 7:34pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have an outdoor blink camera and besides awful wifi coverage with the thing I'm happy with its overall operation including the battery usage. So when the blink mini was announced I figured it would be nice to combine all cameras into the one app rather then loads of seperate apps.

I'd like to have one/two cameras for in the house.

But, then I saw they want people to pay a monthly subscription for storage (unlike the Blink XT!), there will be a SD card storage option but it will involve shelling out 30 GBP odd more to purchase the 2.0 sync module.

Thats rather off putting, so with that in mind what can people suggest thats good quality, good app and has good storage options and runs off USB power plug for indoor usage?

I have a new arrival on the way so something suitable for nursery incl night vision would be good.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Daveq

If you like BlinkXT what about the blink indoor version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,017 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

What about something like a Yi Camera? They are highly regarded and offer SD storage. Plus if you have a FireStick then you could view the feed through that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭Dermobrickie

I have the blink xt and standard one, they are a great camera for the money, and battery lasts for months.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

My concern about the Blink XT is it'll get heavy enough usage so I don't want to be messing with batterys.

I already have a Blink camera and a Ring camera so I'm a little mindful of having yet another camera app, my expereince with Ring isn't as good as Blink and since Blink have the sd option if I eventually pickup a new sync mode I think its the option I'll go with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Daveq

Cabaal wrote: »
    My concern about the Blink XT is it'll get heavy enough usage so I don't want to be messing with batterys.

I already have a Blink camera and a Ring camera so I'm a little mindful of having yet another camera app, my expereince with Ring isn't as good as Blink and since Blink have the sd option if I eventually pickup a new sync mode I think its the option I'll go with

If it's just as a baby monitor to view on your phone, switch off the motion detection on that one?

• Advertisement
Advertisement