Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Eir mobile broadband down

• 15-04-2020 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi. Have had no internet access on my phone since yesterday. It only works through my home broadband but when out and about I get nothing. Is there a problem with Eir??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭elsie1b

Hi I'm near Enniscorthy and for the last 24 hrs my mobile internet is sporadic,non existent inside the house and at times I cant make calls or send texts.
    I'm with Gomo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭KildareP

Working here albeit slowly (here being Kildare).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

There’s a problem with Eir’s 4G network, if you force 3G only it will work again

There’s a problem with Eir’s 4G network, if you force 3G only it will work again
    Afraid not.
    Still down

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭The Witches Cat

Worked for me. Thanks a million.

• Advertisement

elsie1b wrote: »
    Hi I'm near Enniscorthy and for the last 24 hrs my mobile internet is sporadic,non existent inside the house and at times I cant make calls or send texts.
    I'm with Gomo.
    After 36 hours still not working inside house but can pick it up in garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Afraid not.
    Still down

Then you have a different problem. From your other post, sounds like a mast problem - some local cretin probably set fire to it thinking it was 5G, and 5G spreads Coronavirus :rolleyes:

I believe 4G works again now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭dam099

After 36 hours still not working inside house but can pick it up in garden.

That sounds like your nearest mast which you would usually connect to might be down but another mast further away is still getting picked up outside but its signal is not strong enough to penetrate your house's walls.

dam099 wrote: »
    That sounds like your nearest mast which you would usually connect to might be down but another mast further away is still getting picked up outside but its signal is not strong enough to penetrate your house's walls.
    You were dead right.
    Contacted gomo on facebook this morning with a link to this thread.
    Was told on messenger that my local mast in Oilgate was down with no estimate of a return time.
    Service was working at 13:00 when I checked it.

Advertisement