Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got to Stung in Aldi Dublin Road

• 15-04-2020 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

I just bought some fruit, potatoes, cheese and cider in Aldi. Paid by my card and put the receipt in the bag with the groceries.

Then back at the house, I checked the receipt and the bill was €44.00. There was two items added 9359 *STORAGE BOX SET 15.99 D. That is €32 over charge.

Anyone know what this storage box set is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

YFlyer wrote: »
    I just bought some fruit, potatoes, cheese and cider in Aldi. Paid by my card and put the receipt in the bag with the groceries.

Then back at the house, I checked the receipt and the bill was €44.00. There was two items added 9359 *STORAGE BOX SET 15.99 D. That is €32 over charge.

Anyone know what this storage box set is?

I guess it's one of those plastic drawer storage units maybe. You can go back and they can check their camera's to prove you didn't buy them and give you your money back. Not ideal I know since the less time you spend in there the better! Hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I guess it's one of those plastic drawer storage units maybe. You can go back and they can check their camera's to prove you didn't buy them and give you your money back. Not ideal I know since the less time you spend in there the better! Hope you get sorted.

Thanks. I noticed from the receipt that the cashier put in the wrong code for two pears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

YFlyer wrote: »
    Thanks. I noticed from the receipt that the cashier put in the wrong code for two pears.

Just check that you got the right receipt. If there are a few things wrong then you might have gotten someone else's receipt. Check your bank balance to be sure.....

bduffy wrote: »
    Just check that you got the right receipt. If there are a few things wrong then you might have gotten someone else's receipt. Check your bank balance to be sure.....

Thanks. Yeah I checked the online banking and there is €44 pending.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Cuir_Cosc_Orm

Email Aldi head office and attach pic of receipt.

Explain the situation and how you think the wrong code was imputed. Tell them that if ot resolved you will contact your bank and ask for a chargeback.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

That was an expensive pair of pears!

Explain the situation and how you think the wrong code was imputed. Tell them that if ot resolved you will contact your bank and ask for a chargeback.

Thanks. Would it be better calling to the store first or should I bypass that and email the head office?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭worded

Always a good idea to keep the receipt

Was over charged about 30 euro for water one.
    I think the box It was in was scanned rather than the bottle of water in error

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

That's a bit extreme, just call to the store.

Ah ok. I called up to the store around 12ish. Huge queues including plenty of people in pairs and a few in threes.

Walked in and went around the store. Met one of the workers on the floor and asked her where the manager is....//...She looked at that the receipt and said come this way. Met the manager. Explained the problem. He went in to the private area with the receipt and I waited for about 5 minutes. Came back out and said to one of the cashiers to give me €32. Got the money and two free pears.

• Advertisement
Advertisement