Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcharge in Aldi, Limerick

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Vegeta wrote: »
    Charge-backs are a method of last resort when a transaction goes wrong and the store/seller will not engage or refund you.

precisely. the LAST resort, when all other avenues have been exhausted. not the 1st port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭RCSATELLITES

Dav010 wrote: »
    You have never been wrong? That’s impressive.

I am wrong alot of times, and don't mind saying it. We can only learn from mistakes. But what I have learnt is that companies, government bodies, doctors are wrong alot more than they should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭rock22

I know Aldi and Lidl are harder to deal with when it comes to things like this, compared to Super Valu or Dunnes. ..

Do you have any prove to back up that statement?
    My experience is the exact opposite, Aldi and Lidl are the easiest store to deal with in this regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Ah ok. I called up to the store around 12ish. Huge queues including plenty of people in pairs and a few in threes.

Walked in and went around the store. Met one of the workers on the floor and asked her where the manager is....//...She looked at that the receipt and said come this way. Met the manager. Explained the problem. He went in to the private area with the receipt and I waited for about 5 minutes. Came back out and said to one of the cashiers to give me €32. Got the money and two free pears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

YFlyer wrote: »
    Ah ok. I called up to the store around 12ish. Huge queues including plenty of people in pairs and a few in threes.

Walked in and went around the store. Met one of the workers on the floor and asked her where the manager is....//...She looked at that the receipt and said come this way. Met the manager. Explained the problem. He went in to the private area with the receipt and I waited for about 5 minutes. Came back out and said to one of the cashiers to give me €32. Got the money and two free pears.

Happy for you. Did you get cash? Mostly it is put back into your credit card account.

Hope the pears are tasty!!

• Advertisement

rock22 wrote: »
    Do you have any prove to back up that statement?
    My experience is the exact opposite, Aldi and Lidl are the easiest store to deal with in this regard.

Experience really. Looks like you had better experiences than me with the stores mentioned. Doesn't mean I need proof for you. Sure it's the same with people, people probably say your sound.

YFlyer wrote: »

Sounds like the cashier raised the alarm. Looks like they knew all about it before you came. At least yu got it back. Problem solved. Always check receipts before you leave the shop and always ask for a receipt if not provided with one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

prodsc wrote: »
    Happy for you. Did you get cash? Mostly it is put back into your credit card account.

Hope the pears are tasty!!

Cash there and then.

Juicy.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I guess you could say you weren't "prePEARed" for it to be so quick.

In fairness, the manager probably viewed the CCTV above the till (they'd have the exact time on the receipt) and would've seen what was scanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Vegeta wrote: »
    Help me understand your point of view here. Charge-backs are a method of last resort when a transaction goes wrong and the store/seller will not engage or refund you. It is a very useful aspect of using a credit card to buy things.

Why would the op not try to get his money back if the store will not work with him and look into the error?

Just highlighted your own post.

"Last resort"

Not an opening threat as was suggested. Its sort of like the fools that say "i'll call Joe Duffy"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

antodeco wrote: »
    I guess you could say you weren't "prePEARed" for it to be so quick.

In fairness, the manager probably viewed the CCTV above the till (they'd have the exact time on the receipt) and would've seen what was scanned.

I doubt the manager would have time to view the cctv before making the refund. It's a very tedious and time consuming process.

OP, glad you got your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

I doubt the manager would have time to view the cctv before making the refund. It's a very tedious and time consuming process.

Most of the systems in used are connected to the till, put in the transaction number and it skips to the time. Also most have till screens overlaid on the CCTV, can easily tally up what's on the recipe with the video

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Not for places that gave up to date POS systems.

Advertisement