If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget 4K TV for Xbox One X

Options
  • 15-04-2020 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice for this situation please :)

My son plays Fortnite on Xbox One X and is complaining about the gaming lag on the TV.
    It's an old 1080p Samsung 40", probably about 10 years old, or even more!

He was looking at monitors but to be honest we don't really have room for another "screen".
    So I was looking to possibly update the TV to something newer that would also be satisfactory for the xbox gaming.
    It doesn't need to be the latest model and would prefer an "older" discounted model.

The TV physical size is 100cm by 60cm, a 40" with large bezel.
    The physical size cannot be greater than about 100cm in length, possibly we can go to a 43" as bezels are far smaller now.

Budget would be €300-€500 range, although < €400 would be preferable if at all possible.

Is this doable on my budget do you think?
    If any models suit, can you also provide the millisecond refresh rate please (my sons biggest ask!)

One model I saw mentioned whilst trying to research is the Samsung RU7100.
    Not sure if that's any good though.

Anyhow thanks from a hassled Dad!

PS the TV will also have a secondary function of being watched as a TV, so hence a monitor wouldn't be a runner.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

biebiebie wrote: »
    Looking for some advice for this situation please :)

My son plays Fortnite on Xbox One X and is complaining about the gaming lag on the TV.
    It's an old 1080p Samsung 40", probably about 10 years old, or even more!

He was looking at monitors but to be honest we don't really have room for another "screen".
    So I was looking to possibly update the TV to something newer that would also be satisfactory for the xbox gaming.
    It doesn't need to be the latest model and would prefer an "older" discounted model.

The TV physical size is 100cm by 60cm, a 40" with large bezel.
    The physical size cannot be greater than about 100cm in length, possibly we can go to a 43" as bezels are far smaller now.

Budget would be €300-€500 range, although < €400 would be preferable if at all possible.

Is this doable on my budget do you think?
    If any models suit, can you also provide the millisecond refresh rate please (my sons biggest ask!)

One model I saw mentioned whilst trying to research is the Samsung RU7100.
    Not sure if that's any good though.

Anyhow thanks from a hassled Dad!

PS the TV will also have a secondary function of being watched as a TV, so hence a monitor wouldn't be a runner.
    Hi biebiebie,

Thanks for the post!

You can certainly get a good 43" TV in that budget! Unfortunately we are sold out of the Samsung 43" models though!

I would recommend an LG 43UM7400 as an alternative! It has a great 4k panel, a great smart hub and has a minimum response time of 8ms (its average is 10ms)

It currently retails at 359 euro and I have these in stock ready to ship!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204084-lg-43um7400plb-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Thanks David, I bought that over the weekend.
    Fingers crossed it does the job.

Any rough idea how long delivery might be currently? (Paid in £ delivery to Dublin)

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hey Biebiebie.

Thanks for the order :D

At the moment our deliveries are running as normal. So you should have it in the next few days.

Our courier should drop you a text with your tracking details.

Any issues please let us know.
    biebiebie wrote: »
    Thanks David, I bought that over the weekend.
    Fingers crossed it does the job.

Any rough idea how long delivery might be currently? (Paid in £ delivery to Dublin)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.