Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ideal Combi Boiler

• 15-04-2020 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I need some help, plumbers seem to be having issues getting out to me,

I have an Ideal Logic c30, which was installed in May 2018, it s been serviced yearly, and there hasnt been an issue, until last week.

Pressure is dropping to 0 over the course of 24 hours. My first thought was radiators, but they all check out ok. Theres water coming out the external drain pipe, but as far as I can tell, its just condensate. I triggered the PRV, to flush it and make sure it seats properly. No change in pressure loss. The bowl under the PRV pipe is dry as well.

At this stage I was thinking it had to be pipework, so I closed the infeed and outfeed to the boiler. Pressure didnt drop when the boiler was isolated. There is no sign of leaks internally.

Where/What do I check next? Im at a loss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Andyinter

The pressure gauge is on the boiler, so isolating the two valves under the boiler boiler will just show there is no leak internal in the boiler. Youd need another gauge on the heating system to see the drop on the heating system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JamBur

Thanks for the reply. My problem is that I can't find any plumber working at the moment. I would have thought home plumbers were essential services. I'm just turning my self in circles here to be honest, jumping from one conclusion to another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Where are you based?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Andyinter wrote: »
    The pressure gauge is on the boiler, so isolating the two valves under the boiler boiler will just show there is no leak internal in the boiler. Youd need another gauge on the heating system to see the drop on the heating system.

Will the same gauge not do anyway? If closing boiler off proves that no boiler leak and turning valves back on shows a drop in pressure. Then it has to be the heating system?

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

I'm in Glanmire, Cork

• Advertisement

It's definitely a leak in my house. The boiler held pressure over night, when I reconnected the house, the pressure fell. The leak seems to be getting worse as well. It's dropping from 1 bar to 0.5 bar in an hour now.

I can get my hands on some repa-r 200 tomorrow, but I need a plumber to use it, not competent enough to do that myself.

Advertisement