Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any barbers open?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

OP here.

I certainly don't have the head for a "2 blade" headshave or whatever.

I need a proper haircut!

Surely there must be some sort of solution to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Deagol wrote: »
    I read somewhere once that hair is the single most useless stuff on the human body but we spend more on it than everything else combined...

Try going out without it in the hot sun m8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wench

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Wear a hat

• Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

OP here.

I need a proper haircut!

Do you currently own, or have access to, a hat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

I normally get a number 1 all over but not too fussed. A 2 or 3 will do. Just not too confident doing the back.

If you're doing it same all over there's absolutely zero skill required. Either a hand held mirror while looking in another mirror or get someone else to tell you if it's all same length. Or get someone to do it but there's absolutely no need. Thousands of men in Ireland shaving their own heads for years on their own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Try going out without it in the hot sun m8

Now I know this is a windup - if you have a job you surely have the intelligence to work out that a hat functions quite well as a sun shade.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭sporina

OP here.

I need a proper haircut!

my mind boggles, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Ordered one from power city though might have it by weekend fastway had it but no sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

OP here.

I need a proper haircut!

Deal with it, nobody cares if your hair is a bit messy right now. Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pistachio19

mean gene wrote: »
    its grand saying cut your own hair if you have a head shaver but these things are as rare as a bottle of dettol- have been trying to get one on amazon all sold out except crap ones with poor reviews or ones that cost a fortune

Check your local chemists for one. Got one for €30 last week in ours. Or ask them if they can order one in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭sporina

Check your local chemists for one. Got one for €30 last week in ours. Or ask them if they can order one in.

Tesco in Paul Street still have the Remington one for €30.. and it has 25 accessories with it - including a drape - its the job! oh and it all comes in a handy little case.. it really is incredible value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

Just did my no. 2 cut with my Remington. Second cut since this all started.

IMG-20200419-134310765-BURST002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Maybe NSFW? I don't think so but you'd never know. Anyway, it reminded me of this thread and gave me a giggle.

Mine arrived yesterday now to be brave enough to go a 3 or 4 all over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

ofcork wrote: »

Lots of brilliant YouTube videos around. I gave my self a fade from zero down low to two up high today following one. It’s ok. Not brilliant but not a total scalping either

Passed a place parnell barber on cook street earlier door open didn't go in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭afatbollix

I think we are going to have to spell it out for you.

This virus is passed on mostly by airborne. They say you are 100% going to get it if you spend 10 minutes beside someone with it.

They also say 60% of people don't show symptoms for 2 or 3 days before developing the fever or cough. This is when you are a super spreader.

So you would like to sit in a chair for 10 to 15 mins with both of you breathing in each other's breath??!!

Do yourself and your barbers a favor just cut it yourself. This virus is a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

why are barbers hairdressers etc opening in europe so -mask gloves etc do you know more than health experts in spain italy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

Picked up a cheap trimmer in Dunnes for €15. If I just get one or two half good cuts out of it I’ll be happy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,128 ✭✭✭✭rob316

afatbollix wrote: »

This virus is passed on mostly by airborne. They say you are 100% going to get it if you spend 10 minutes beside someone with it.

They also say 60% of people don't show symptoms for 2 or 3 days before developing the fever or cough. This is when you are a super spreader.

So you would like to sit in a chair for 10 to 15 mins with both of you breathing in each other's breath??!!

Do yourself and your barbers a favor just cut it yourself. This virus is a killer.

It needs to be spelled out for you, its not an airborne virus. It passed by particles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cantalach

rob316 wrote: »
    It needs to be spelled out for you, its not an airborne virus. It passed by particles

Particles such as micron-sized water droplets laden with virus and suspended in one’s breath?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

afatbollix wrote: »

If you wore a mask and sanitised your hands you 'd be safe getting your hair cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

physioman wrote: »
    If you wore a mask and sanitised your hands you 'd be safe getting your hair cut.

Well if you say it it must be true, post up your medical degree when you get a chance good man or would i be right in thinking one of your buddies on Facebook said it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

No harm in waiting to see how barbers and hair salons get on in Italy, Spain and so on before we commit to reopening.

We’ll know soon enough how high the risk is.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Level 42 wrote: »
    why are barbers hairdressers etc opening in europe so -mask gloves etc do you know more than health experts in spain italy

We are not Spain or Italy, they are doing their own thing, be it wrong or right. Is it so hard to comply with what is being asked of us here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I’ve a head a hair on me like the wolverine and not one single fcuk could I give if I never got it cut.
    The gombeens with the fortnight haircuts must be suffering.i wouldn’t mind and you’d see more hair in a cats sh1te of a frosty morning then what’s on them and they giving 15 euro a cut.
    This might learn them but I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

physioman wrote: »

Does the barber cut around the elastic band from the mask or move it a few times making the mask fit badly? What if they accidentally cut the elastic band and it falls off?

Also, just to annoy everyone who's clueless to this whole situation, my wife is a hairdresser, I've had 3 haircuts since the barbers shut down.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I’ve a head a hair on me like the wolverine and not one single fcuk could I give if I never got it cut.
    The gombeens with the fortnight haircuts must be suffering.i wouldn’t mind and you’d see more hair in a cats sh1te of a frosty morning then what’s on them and they giving 15 euro a cut.
    This might learn them but I doubt it

I guess some people care about their appearance, and how the present themselves? Not everyone wants to look like "wolverine" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I guess some people care about their appearance, and how the present themselves? Not everyone wants to look like "wolverine" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some people need to reel in their vanity and deal with it.

Advertisement