Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any barbers open?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭JP100

Some people need to reel in their vanity and deal with it.

I get better looking every day, can't wait for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Well if you say it it must be true, post up your medical degree when you get a chance good man or would i be right in thinking one of your buddies on Facebook said it

No I'm perfectly qualified. Probably more qualified than yourself. I work on the frontline. Are you getting the dole or covid payment? Just look at the evidence if you are able to read. Do your research on hairdressers/barbers that have recently opened in Europe and come back to me. I see this is the only contribution you've made to this thread so stop trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I guess some people care about their appearance, and how the present themselves? Not everyone wants to look like "wolverine" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lots of us care about appearance and how we present ourselves.

However some of us have slightly more important priorities that get a short back and sides.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Lots of us care about appearance and how we present ourselves.

However some of us have slightly more important priorities that get a short back and sides.

I agree, it wasn't me complaining, I've cut my own hair at home. I just don't think it's exactly fair to deride people as "gombeens" because they like maintaining their preferred hairstyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I agree, it wasn't me complaining, I've cut my own hair at home. I just don't think it's exactly fair to deride people as "gombeens" because they like maintaining their preferred hairstyle.

They are free to maintain that themselves within their own household.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

They are free to maintain that themselves within their own household.

Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

physioman wrote: »
    No I'm perfectly qualified. Probably more qualified than yourself. I work on the frontline. Are you getting the dole or covid payment? Just look at the evidence if you are able to read. Do your research on hairdressers/barbers that have recently opened in Europe and come back to me. I see this is the only contribution you've made to this thread so stop trolling

You made the claim so back it up, if you do ill be more than happy to retract what I've said, i just think advice from someone on the internet doesn't trump a team of medical professionals appointed to look after the best interests of the nation, I'm getting the covid19 payment whatever that has to do with what we're debating, if you're working on the front line then you're the last person that should be advocating going against medical advice.

I was reading this thread(yes i can read) and decided to reply to a stupid post from some randomer on the internet about opening up barbers so people can get a haircut, priorities right, I'm missing my gym time but don't advocate for reopening of gyms before medical advice deems it suitable, mostly because I'm not a selfish cnut and would like to see everything done to combat this scurge and if that means i miss out on my weight training or you've to go around with a man bun for a while i can live with that.

As for me trolling, it might be best to leave the moderation to the moderators or maybe you think you know better(much like you know better than Tony Holohan and his team of appointed medical experts). Though funnily enough i don't see any physiotherapist giving statements on the evening news, maybe you're not as important as you lead yourself to believe

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Seen one of these call to your house barbers yesterday in action in the house behind me,

I was in shock with laughter that one the guy needs a hair cut so bad, two the barber does not care that he could be transferring the virus around and three the barber had no proper hygain in place he had a mask on but not covering is nose ?,

Myself I have my haircut booked for July and being honest if I have a mullet by then I don’t care it’s only hair after all we should care more about our health and not be getting a dogey barber out to your house

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Definitely people getting haircuts by barbers on the quiet looking at people around town today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Now we are all used to cutting our own hair these places are gonna close big time well for blokes anyway

• Advertisement

ofcork wrote: »
    Definitely people getting haircuts by barbers on the quiet looking at people around town today.

Were all cutting our own hair not that difficult

I'll be going to barber when they reopen

Fair enough

I like to get mine blended cant do it myself or the scissors on top properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

OP here.

Got one of these and did the job myself.
    IT was pretty bad but it should keep me going until the barbers are open
    IMG-20200526-172056374.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I have my hair scissors cut rather than a blade so just waiting til they open

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm getting rather good at cutting Mrs. Beer's hair, if I say so myself.
    Little and often does the trick for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,128 ✭✭✭✭rob316

mean gene wrote: »
    Now we are all used to cutting our own hair these places are gonna close big time well for blokes anyway

No they won't, some of us like a nice professionally cut hairstyle and not look like we were attacked with a sheep shears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

rob316 wrote: »
    No they won't, some of us like a nice professionally cut hairstyle and not look like we were attacked with a sheep shears.

Tbh it's worth the tenner not to have to clean up all the bloody hair!

My bathroom was destroyed lol

Advertisement