Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity SAS

• 16-04-2020 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,286 ✭✭✭✭

Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins is back on Channel 4 with 12 famous faces who think they have what it takes to pass the SAS selection.

The well-known dozen will be embarking on the toughest test of their lives, facing a gruelling course in the challenging terrain of Scotland’s remote island, Raasay where they will be exposed to unforgiving weather, harsh landscape and volatile seas.

Putting them through their paces is Chief Instructor, Ant Middleton and his team of Directing Staff, Foxy, Billy, Ollie and newest member Jay.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-04-14/celebrity-sas-who-dares-wins-ant-middleton-trailer/

It starts on Monday April 20th at 9pm on Channel 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Think I'll give this a watch, the regular version is pretty good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,286 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The celebrities that will be included are Brendan Cole, who is a footballer, Katie Price, and Joey Essex, who are Tv set presenters, Anthea Turner and Helen Skelton, who is a ballroom dancer. Additionally, the show will feature Jack Maynard, a Paralympic Athlete, John Fashanu Hollyoaks, an actress, Nikki Sanderson, a Youtuber. Besides, former boxing champion, Tony Bellew, Lauren Steadman, a Rudimental DJ, and Radio 1Xtra DJ, Yasmin Evans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

jaysis the state of Jordans lips, what has she done to herself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Jordan looks ****ed, whatever work she has done hasn't done anything to help her

Tony Bellew is a walking time bomb, the man is very intense

Compared to the Irish version and to the regular version, they don't seem to be getting pushed as hard. Seems to be a lot of individual drills opposed to the long slog of the Irish version, was good though. The directing staff are very good and quite funny.

Laughed when one of them described Bellew having the breaking point of a kit kat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The celebrities that will be included are Brendan Cole, who is a footballer, Katie Price, and Joey Essex, who are Tv set presenters, Anthea Turner and Helen Skelton, who is a ballroom dancer. Additionally, the show will feature Jack Maynard, a Paralympic Athlete, John Fashanu Hollyoaks, an actress, Nikki Sanderson, a Youtuber. Besides, former boxing champion, Tony Bellew, Lauren Steadman, a Rudimental DJ, and Radio 1Xtra DJ, Yasmin Evans

Mother of God, what happened here? My brain nearly exploded trying to figure it out!!

Never watched any of these, UK or Irish, but stumbled across it last night - looks like a laugh. Will be tuning in again.

And it's given me a right hankering to get back to the Scottish Isles again some time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Is this the show that Jordan lasted a day at?

To thine own self be true

Ah I think she lasted two, before (by the sounds of it) arranging to have herself kicked off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Ah I think she lasted two, before (by the sounds of it) arranging to have herself kicked off.

Oh no does she go early?

They really zoned in on her as being a trouble maker.

She's a weird one, wouldn't be a fan of hers but she's always struck me as someone having abit of grit. I thought stubborness alone would keep her in longer.

That said she's being portrayed as a hyperactive child in the first episode.

I think John fashanu might do well.... He'll probably stay under the radar for abit (the grey man.... I learned that expression from Mak in the ultimate hell thread :D)

Brendan Cole will probably do my head in, he's so full of himself.

I think the paraolympian will do well... I loved when one of the lads asked if she needed help... Straight out no! :)

I think anthea Turner will drop out early enough, she's nearly 60 and her face during the boxing trial... She didn't really like it.

It will be interesting to see how the four strongest men do :)

John Fashanu and Tony Bellew are horrible *****

• Advertisement

Gawd almighty :eek:

Thought the young fella would last a bit longer.

I'd have lasted about 30 seconds!

I'm not his biggest fan but why was Brendan Cole "eliminated"

Is tonight Ant Vs. Bellew :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm not his biggest fan but why was Brendan Cole "eliminated"

Is tonight Ant Vs. Bellew :p
    I presumed it was because he failed dismally at the "leadership" challenge? Lauren was demonstrably in charge and running that task from the start! Even when he was told to take charge, he still dithered.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I presumed it was because he failed dismally at the "leadership" challenge? Lauren was demonstrably in charge and running that task from the start! Even when he was told to take charge, he still dithered.

Also he was very slow carrying the other dude. Then he was having a whinge in the interrogation room.

I'm finding it pretty crap tbh.

Though joey Essex has gone up in my estimation, not that he was very high up to begin with.

Also he was very slow carrying the other dude. Then he was having a whinge in the interrogation room.

I'm finding it pretty crap tbh.

Though joey Essex has gone up in my estimation, not that he was very high up to begin with.
    Jaysus can you blame him for being slow carrying over 100kgs of heavyweight boxer?? :eek:

Lauren is one hardy character, had to admire her doing that wire crawl with only one hand to grip with. I felt queasy just watching it!

Yeah, there's more to Joey Essex than just being an Essex bimbo, it would appear. He's growing on me over the years, I have to say.

Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins returns to Channel 4 on Sunday, August 29 at 9pm

Paralympic gold for Lauren Steadman tonight in the trialthlon - she's one tough cookie!

Shite enough episode. Way too much on Kerry and Ulrika and not enough on the training etc.

It's always going to be heavy on the head stuff, not the nuts and bolts, physical, training bits (unfortunately).

Ulrika is properly shook looking. But my money is on her and Kerry to muscle on, and get further than expected (which for me was before the end of Ep 1)

Thanks be to jaysus they sent Ulrika home - she was making me miserable just looking at her, shivering and cowering - what on earth possessed her to enter???

Saira is annoying me beyond all reason - I've read bits on social media about various things that may or may not be happening related to the show, that might be influencing me, but I wish she'd just go.

Not much coverage of James Cracknell so far - I'm really surprised at him entering (or even being accepted), given his injury....

• Advertisement

Poor old Ore is feeling the heat this week!

Who braked Alexandra down the cliff, seeing as Saira bailed??

And my biggest question, which has been bugging me for ages - wtf is with the glasses/goggles they put over the hood when they're marching them blind into the interrogation room??? Can there possibly be a reason for them, other than ridiculous optics for De Telly??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Not normally the type of thing I'd watch but it's been on after the F1, found it interesting.

I actually came here to ask the same question, from what we saw she did not do the abseiling? Or did one of the instructors pair up with her? She seemed to get a free pass from drum carry race too until the BMX rider got hurt, but we never saw it on screen.

No idea about the goggles, didn't even notice them.

It sure looks dangerous though, no surpriise to see such injuries. Pity about the BMX girl and the guy (sorry don't know the names) that hurt his shoulder in the boat pickup, they were both very supportive of their partners this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭onlyonpaper

Just saw the recording of the finale...seemed to me a farcical outcome. How they could justify Alexandra B passing after failing two of the trials and only succeeding in the rope climb because Cracknell helped her. Others have been kicked out for falling behind on one trial with little tolerance. Would have to ask as well if Aled would pass the real SAS tests given the physical harshness etc outlined by Ant and his comrades...However I suppose they got the politically correct outcome they wanted

I hate that last element of the series - just seems utterly ridiculous.

With all the physical and mental stuff during the rest of the challenges, you can see their will or determination to overcome obstacles, so even if they're not perfect (eg Aled with his foot, others with rabid fears of heights) you can at least see their determination to overcome whatever limitations, and succeed.

That interrogation and cover-story stuff is just ludicrous - you can never be right until they decide you're right, and even then it's not clear why - it's just made for "gotcha", with no rules or reason behind it.

Whatever about Alexandra and the rope climb, or Aled and his dodgy leg, at least they bullied their way through tasks (ok, with a bit of assistance, but that's what a team is for).

James' mental state - the seemingly complete silence and almost isolation throughout the whole series until he was made team up and co-operate with someone (although that may be down to editorial slant) and his flashes of almost temper in the last episode would for me absolutely rule him out as a team member.

His self-awareness of the changes since the accident, and him knowing all the flaws and problems he has (as opposed to just personality changes that he wasn't even conscious of), I found really depressing/upsetting. He was so different - himself and Ben Fogle used to be a real double act, and they were brilliantly entertaining, and they don't seem to be in touch at all these days. He just seems so lonely.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭onlyonpaper

As he said himself James problems are largely mental rather than physical. He ran London Marathon on Sunday in 2 hrs 55 mins which is damn good for a 49 year old "non athlete". Ben and himself were a great double act particularly when they rowed the Atlantic and they and their wives were socially great friends. That all seemed to end with his horrific accident which he was lucky to survive but with significant personality change etc. You have to ask if James was a suitable candidate for this show if any vetting was done of the candidates.

I simply find it difficult to see candidates being pulled from the show and hand over their armbands when they fell behind in events and yet Alexandra was allowed two total failures and their was no similar sanction. Maybe they realised there would be nobody left in latter stages if they pulled everyone for a failure but they should be consistent. It will be interesting if there will be another of these shows as Ant's services have been dispensed with in the future and he seemed to be main organiser

Advertisement