Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MacBook Pro battery repair

• 16-04-2020 1:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

I bought an iFixit battery kit for my 2012 Retina MBP. The laptop developed a swollen battery and the trackpad subsequently wouldn't click.

I'm planning to remove and replace the battery itself but just wondering if anyone had any experience doing this themselves? Ideally with a swollen battery issue.

I've looked at plenty of YouTube vids and iFixit's guide, but first-hand experience is always good to hear.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

I changed the battery and track pad on my 2010 macbook pro, very similar to yours i'd say. I just followed the youtube videos and was very simple, especially the battery change part. I even changed the charging port, that was a bit ore difficult. Get a can of compressed air as they tend to get very dirty under the cover so its a good time to blow all the dust and dirt out

Advertisement