Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childcare Maynooth

• 16-04-2020 8:48am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Coronavirus restrictions aside.

I have been trying to find childcare for my 21 month old son in Maynooth without luck.

What are Maynooth families doing if there are no creche places? If anyone has any advice on how to secure childcare I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 toneygecko

Coronavirus restrictions aside.

I have been trying to find childcare for my 21 month old son in Maynooth without luck.

What are Maynooth families doing if there are no creche places? If anyone has any advice on how to secure childcare I'd appreciate it.

I'd imagine you would find it very difficult unless you can find someone willing to come to your house and you pay that person a reasonable wage for same. However this goes against the spirit and intent of the lockdown so it would doubtless be frowned upon.

If your work can facilitate you to work from home even for half the work day and your partner (if there is one) could be facilitated to work the opposite time if possible that could work (That's what me and the Mrs are doing). It's a long hard day with two kids but needs must.

If you can't do the above then perhaps you should cut your losses and apply for the 350 a week, obviously look for your employers blessing first.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Thanks for your advice but I am talking about when the restrictions lift. I am talking about in normal time. There are no creche places.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TragicJohnson

I only know of one creche in Maynooth that takes in under 3s. Kinder Crescent, however there is a huge waiting list. You could try Giraffe in Celbridge.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

try childminding.ie or the local childcare committee , there is provision for more creches in Maynooth but there is currently a huge lack of places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Maynooth Day Nursery takes children from 2 years old. There is a waiting list but I would suggest putting your name down as you may be lucky and get a spot. Otherwise people tend to use crèches in Leixlip, Celbridge or Kilcock or use childminders. The childcare situation in Maynooth is absolutely ridiculous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement