Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Order

Options
  • 16-04-2020 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Hello,

What should one do if they place an order for items that are in stock from a business that proudly claimed they were still open and delivering but two weeks later, the items have not shipped and their is zero help from the customer service team. i.e no response whatsoever with automated answering machines by phone and email. The responses just say they are still open and will deliver orders asap.

I now don't know whether my order is ever coming and can't reorder elsewhere as there is no cancellation method or any way to get an update.

I appreciate these are busy times but if you are still open and working you should be shipping orders within two weeks if the items were in stock or at least updating your customer or giving them an option to cancel for full refund.

Hiding behind covid-19 and taking my money for no return is not good enough.

Dublin business by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

time to contact your bank and do a chargeback.

if you have been waiting over a week without a reply from customer service, then i would send them a final email that will be starting a chargeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 iQuestion

I had an issue with Russian gambling website, they were refusing to withdraw money I won, I contacted my bank that I wanted to do a chargeback, the bank stated that since this transaction was done (authorized) by me they can't do anything and that I have to solve the issue with the Russian gambling website.

Since you authorized the transaction the only thing you can do is to solve it with the shop, or go to the small claims court. Your bank will not allow chargeback in your case!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

iQuestion wrote: »
    Since you authorized the transaction the only thing you can do is to solve it with the shop, or go to the small claims court. Your bank will not allow chargeback in your case!

That's completely false.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Not true, the OP's bank would/could do a chargeback in a case like this, where the merhcant does not engage with a customer, but would want the OP to fully exhaust any procedures with the merchant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

I had an issue with Russian gambling website, they were refusing to withdraw money I won, I contacted my bank that I wanted to do a chargeback, the bank stated that since this transaction was done (authorized) by me they can't do anything and that I have to solve the issue with the Russian gambling website.

completely different things here.

OP has attempted to purchase a product, but has not received the product. You have lodged money with a gambling site. You can see you have credit at the site, and use it at the site, but cannot withdraw it. You have gotten what you paid for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement