Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement phone for wife

• 16-04-2020 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Hi all, wife has a Mi A2 lite which took a drop today and screen is gone, I've looked around at the likes of honorbuy where I'd normally pick up a phone with fast delivery time (given the current pandemic stock is sold out) was looking at maybe the redmi note 8t, open to any suggestions for sub 200 with similar specs and might be delivered within a 7 -10 days, I know not difficult at all 😀

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭BowWow

I bought an A2 Lite for my wife about 18 months ago. It's pretty good, and so when I came to replace my phone some time ago I went with an A3. I'd recommend that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

BowWow wrote: »
    I bought an A2 Lite for my wife about 18 months ago. It's pretty good, and so when I came to replace my phone some time ago I went with an A3. I'd recommend that.

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a3-6762.php ?

Aaah you mean Xiaomi never mind hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Replacement phone for wife
    Seems like a good deal. Can you put it on silent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Stock seems to be the issue, and delivery time , could stretch to 250 but getting the phone here in a reasonable timeframe is the issue

glic83 wrote: »
    Stock seems to be the issue, and delivery time , could stretch to 250 but getting the phone here in a reasonable timeframe is the issue

pixel 3a's bought by punters trying to cash in are available new on adverts for that money or less due to the vodafone deal (now gone)

true stock android (not the poorly supported android one) and a camera that can't be beat under €550.

all google phones are unlocked and can be used on any network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

redmi mi note8 seems nice or MI a3 if you can spare extra 50 quid on top.

glasso wrote: »
    pixel 3a's bought by punters trying to cash in are available new on adverts for that money or less due to the vodafone deal (now gone)

true stock android (not the poorly supported android one) and a camera that can't be beat under €550.

all google phones are unlocked and can be used on any network

Only a handful unfortunately :/

Colibri wrote: »
    Only a handful unfortunately :/

OP probably only needs 1 !

glasso wrote: »
    OP probably only needs 1 !

:D:D:D:D

I like the idea of 200~ quid for one. My phone broke and I'm in dire need of a new one. Thanks for posting about them on adverts, hadn't thought of that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Got the wife a Moto G7 Power and she is really pleased with it. Battery life is off the charts! Slightly envious of her given I've got what I'd consider one of the best phones of the last decade with a battery that doesnt even last the day anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Cheers for the reply guys, I ended up ordering the redmi note 9s from honorbuy so hopefully it will be here next week all going well.

Advertisement