Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

government

Options
13»

Comments

Edgware wrote: »
    I wouldnt be relying on overseas tourists to be the recovery boost. An awful lot of people worldwide will be staying at home. The aviation industry will take a long time to recover particularly if social distancing continues. On a domestic level it willbe tricky for hotels, bars etc but if they can start some form ofoperation they will get guests but will it be enough to cover operating costs.
    Aye.....its near impossible to predict anything long term until.social distancing is no longer a thing

Though,maybe we should look into lower VAT rate/other incentives to kick-off staycations here for the summer....if its ok virus-wise to travel about

There are some very unpalatable decisions going to be made in the coming years. We are all going to have to take a hit. Hopefully, it’ll be fairly distributed. To quote the late great CJH “We’ve been living beyond our means” and need reassess our priorities.

Love this.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/0419/1132441-politics-overnment-formation/

“Independent TD for Galway East Seán Canney said the group would sit down and try to work out a programme for Government with costings.

He said: "As a group we will try to sit down and try to find agreement to help out. It's better to be inside Government than outside criticising."”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Love this.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/0419/1132441-politics-overnment-formation/

“Independent TD for Galway East Seán Canney said the group would sit down and try to work out a programme for Government with costings.

He said: "As a group we will try to sit down and try to find agreement to help out. It's better to be inside Government than outside criticising."”

I was told this several years ago and it fits here.
    The person that told me was and is today good friends that personally witnessed it.
    When Bertie was i charge he was in the Galway tent after an election.

It is said he was asked in the Galway tent.
    Why did you put that b***ix McDowell in the Cabinet.
    Reply... i'd sooner have him pissin out of the tent than pissin into it.

I see today he is talking about Bertie Bowl again, the best idea he ever had...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

The person that told me was and is today good friends that personally witnessed it.

The land for the Bertie bowl is now the performance sport centre for rugby, soccer, swimming etc....one of the best investments this country has ever made. The gymnastic facilities are incredible to name just one

I still believe the stadium should of went ahead, the Aviva is too small now for rugby games

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    The land for the Bertie bowl is now the performance sport centre for rugby, soccer, swimming etc....one of the best investments this country has ever made. The gymnastic facilities are incredible to name just one

I am sure it is.
    I did not read the full article so there may be more land available on west side Dublin.

I do think we need a National Stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I am sure it is.
    I did not read the full article so there may be more land available on west side Dublin.

I do think we need a National Stadium.

That ship has sailed. Especially now with the government propping up the FAI

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Lyndon Johnson said that. Ahern wouldn't have the acumen.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Lyndon Johnson said that. Ahern wouldn't have the acumen.

With a name like that he not SF probably one of the other crowd.
    Sure they would not be in Galway races?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Bookies now strongly favouring FF+FG+Green (+ possibly Independents) coalition. Seems like the Greens have won the wrestling match with their conscience

• Advertisement
Advertisement