Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Downlighter Bulbs

Options
  • 16-04-2020 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

I've been looking for these bulbs for the kitchen but have had no luck. It's been 20 odd years since they were looked at so god knows if they are still sold.

I've seen similar ones online but have no idea if they the ones I need. Was wondering if anyone knew of an online store that I could get them from? Pics attached.

h ttps://imgur.com/a/smDE58D
    h ttps://imgur.com/a/bswLBaF

Philips Energy Advantage IR 35W 12V 36D

Thanks!

Edit - Space in URL so I could post them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Can’t open the link

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DE2021

Had to add a space to be able to post the links as i'm a new user. Remove the space between the h and the t at the beginning when pasting into address bar

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭bluelamp

If they have two straight pins, and pull straight out, they are gu5.3 / mr16 I think.

If they twist, then pull out, they are gu10.

Google image search those two types and you'll see the difference.

They look more like gu5.3 / mr16 by the shape of the base from what I can see.

I'm not an electrician but was looking at similar recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DE2021

Cheers that was really helpful

I found these

Philips Brilliantline Alu 35W GU5.3 12V MR16 36D - 14716

On anylamp.ie and I think they should be suitable

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭bluelamp

DE2021 wrote: »
    Cheers that was really helpful

I found these

Philips Brilliantline Alu 35W GU5.3 12V MR16 36D - 14716

On anylamp.ie and I think they should be suitable

I'd be getting LED versions if you're changing them. Amazon their own brand (amazon basics) which are meant to be good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement