Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

Nobody posting here today? Are ye all gone away for the weekend? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Very warm on the pitch and players are very tired after Thursday night.

substitutes will be a big factor.

3 subs may be required in key areas

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Toby!! 2-1.

Subs: Vertonghen, Lamela, Sessegnon, Gazzaniga, Bergwijn, Ndombele, Skipp, Fernandes, Tanganga

Son looks a yard off the pace, I'd replace him with Lamela.

I'd also replace Lucas with Bergwijn.

Edit: nice one Toby

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Huh, that wasn't half bad. Will take a win over Arsenal any day, and we looked a lot better then in previous games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

looking forweard to Arsenal Fan TV later for the laugh....

One difference today was Arsenal gave us space to play into.

Bournmouth packed their defense and we could't break them down and Sheff Utd sucked us in and hit us on the break.

I thought Sissoko, and Lo Celso were excellent today and the defense done well in the second half when we were under pressure.

We need to find a way to break down packed defenses

gonna enjoy watching this back on Match Of The Day tonight.

Just watching Toby interview now, he looks thinner in the face and possibly has lost weight......lovely header

9 Shots on target today................:pac:COYS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Glebee wrote: »
    looking forweard to Arsenal Fan TV later for the laugh....
    just watched minute 16 to minute 18 on their match stream :pac:

Decent performance in parts, though after last Thursday anything would be better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Aurier has to be replaced or used as back up next season. I thought Lamela would be a top player, squad player, at best.

We haven't got many top class players.

If Mourinho is not allowed bring two or three top players plus holding onto Harry it will be mid table mediocrity next year again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Would anyone else take 200m for Kane if that sort of money was offered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

golfball37 wrote: »
    Would anyone else take 200m for Kane if that sort of money was offered?

Hard to turn that figure down for any player bar messi Ronaldo in my honest opinion .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,790 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Ah jaysus lads we can’t be entertaining talk of selling Kane.
    He is world class.
    If we sell him for 200m what’ll we do with the cash?
    Who will want to come to a team with (more than likely) no champions league football and who sell their very best players?
    It just can’t happen.

tom1ie wrote: »
    He is world class.
    Who will want to come to a team with (more than likely) no champions league football and who sell their very best players?
    It just can’t happen.

Agreed. He's the only top class player we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Im BACK !!!!
    :)

What happened ;) :P

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Aurier's brother was apparently shot dead in Toulouse this morning. Terrible news, and hopefully Serge takes the rest of the season off (that's not in any way a dig at him...he should go home and grieve).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

that was a nice feeling yesterday - well done to Jose and the lads - beating 'them up the road' is always a treat

big picture still pretty depressing though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kiith wrote:
    Aurier's brother was apparently shot dead in Toulouse this morning. Terrible news, and hopefully Serge takes the rest of the season off (that's not in any way a dig at him...he should go home and grieve).

What? F**k me. That's terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

tom1ie wrote: »
    He is world class.
    It just can’t happen.

Sorry but I disagree. I've said it here before, but the Harry Kane from the 2017/18 season is long gone. I don't know if it's the cumulative effect of the injuries he's had or instructions from his coaches, but he's nowhere near the player he used to be.

When was the last time he put in a world-class display? When was the last time he actually had a really good game? He used to be able to change a game, score a goal from miles out, all the things that made him (IMO) almost the best in his position in the world (not quite as good as Lewandoski) - he does none of that now.

He just doesn't seem to have that confidence any more. I remember him hitting incredible outside of the boot cross-field passes to players at full tilt, dribbling past defenders before getting a shot off - where has all this gone?

The only reason I'd be against any sale is you know whatever manager is in place will not get the funds and will end up with a number of lesser squad players, more Harry Winks and less Bruno Fernandes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Great win yesterday. Doesn't paper over the cracks that we are seeing though. Becoming more apparent that Son and Kane cant play together. Fact Son didn't pass to Kane in a clear position demonstrates it. No player to me is bigger than the club. If wants to go, sell. Not doing much for us anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

With Man City’s ban overturned, it’s looking very unlikely we’ll qualify for next year’s Europa League. While it might be no harm to have a less crowded calendar, the lack of European football is going to make it even harder to hold onto our top players and attract good players to join the club.

I fear that it’s all downhill from here.

• Advertisement

abff wrote: »
    the lack of European football is going to make it even harder to hold onto our top players and attract good players to join the club.

I fear that it’s all downhill from here.

That should be our motto! ! :rolleyes: :(

SuprSi wrote: »
    Sorry but I disagree. I've said it here before, but the Harry Kane from the 2017/18 season is long gone. I don't know if it's the cumulative effect of the injuries he's had or instructions from his coaches, but he's nowhere near the player he used to be.

When was the last time he put in a world-class display? When was the last time he actually had a really good game? He used to be able to change a game, score a goal from miles out, all the things that made him (IMO) almost the best in his position in the world (not quite as good as Lewandoski) - he does none of that now.

He just doesn't seem to have that confidence any more. I remember him hitting incredible outside of the boot cross-field passes to players at full tilt, dribbling past defenders before getting a shot off - where has all this gone?

The only reason I'd be against any sale is you know whatever manager is in place will not get the funds and will end up with a number of lesser squad players, more Harry Winks and less Bruno Fernandes.

There could be some reasons for his lack of performance?

He is only back from six month injury and the team as a whole has regressed unbelievably in the last eighteen months. He has been overplayed for club and Country for last five years.

Maybe he's now accepted that he's unlikely to win anything at Spurs and he wants out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,790 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

SuprSi wrote: »

He’s been out for 6 months yet he still has 13 goals and 2 assists so far this season.
    He doesn’t need to have a good game all the time if he scores as regularly does.
    I can’t believe we are even entertaining this tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I agree Kane has regressed in the last two years but I think he can still hit form again if he plays in a good system

I’d be very surprised if any club can afford to buy him from us in the next two years. Maybe after that his price might go down with his contract shorter.

greenspurs wrote: »

lol, just the sortvof deal Levy loves....

Not much of this being mentioned anywhere ..

Jose Mourinho has defended Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy after supporters hired a plane to fly over the club’s stadium during the north London derby against Arsenal with a banner that reads “#ENICAndLevyOutNow”.
    The group behind Sunday’s planned fly-past, which has cost £650, are promising there will be more protests against Levy and the club’s owners, Enic, if they do not see progress on the pitch.​
    A spokesman said: “We believe it’s a necessity because, from being in a Champions League final, nearly on par with Liverpool, we are 10 steps back again.​
    “Being ahead of Arsenal, to being behind a club who have had three managers in one season, in possibly their worst season. Levy and Enic need to invest in the club and have us challenging for honours. Hopefully, this brings attention to the club and maybe makes them think.
    (The Telegraph)

N’Dombele injured apparantly. Ship him out lads, its a lost cause trying to save him

i know we're strongly linked with aarons but theres two or three others in this norwich team that would improve our options imo

cantwell to me looks exactly the type of player that we lack behind kane when dele is injured or off form (ie 90% of the time)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

i know we're strongly linked with aarons but theres two or three others in this norwich team that would improve our options imo

cantwell to me looks exactly the type of player that we lack behind kane when dele is injured or off form (ie 90% of the time)

Aaron’s has the makings of a super right back, be delighted if we got him, rumours deal already done

The lad Lewis at left back also looks a good player,

And yes cantwell looks he has a bit about him,

thats the three id be thinking of straight away alright, given the gaps in our squad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Aarons and Lewis are young, playing their first season in the premiership for a club that hasn’t even really tried to compete, so it’s very hard to judge, but they’ve both had very bad seasons, neither of them have defended or attacked well.

Right lads, going for a 4- 1 win tonight. Kane to nip in an score. Berjwin to get two and sanchez with a bizarre header.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Ormus wrote: »
    Aarons and Lewis are young, playing their first season in the premiership for a club that hasn’t even really tried to compete, so it’s very hard to judge, but they’ve both had very bad seasons, neither of them have defended or attacked well.

Bit like Robertson when he was at hull
    Right coaching and them boys would make it no bother

Bit like Robertson when he was at hull
    Right coaching and them boys would make it no bother

signing young english players with a bit of experience and a lot of potential in roles where they might get a bit of game time is a no-lose for me, if they arent absolutely shocking

these lads would compete immediately to start imo, we are not loaded with performing quality in any of those three positions

• Advertisement

easy to predict a loss to a more energetic and interested team today

some absolutely staggeringly incompetent and comical touches and moments so far tbh

very patchy

but really good work from moura, kane, lo celso to get sonny in for a lovely neat finish

lovely footwork by Sonny...One nil to the Spurs :)

surely a case for red there tbh, strike directly to the head and clearly deliberate

really enjoying mouras work recently. i think his running across the opposition instead of trying to go through them is a much better approach, if dele and kane were both fit and in form you can imagine the havoc that could cause in a defensive line

• Advertisement

Sat down to watch and fell asleep, what did i miss??

Sat down to watch and fell asleep, what did i miss??

Us playing well and leading at half time.

This is like watching a training session.

1-1

Get in Harry 2-1 to the Spurs :p

200 hundred goals now

Lovely ball by Sissoko

Get in Harry 2-1 to the Spurs :p

200 hundred goals now

Lovely ball by Sissoko

Was not berjwin cross?

joeguevara wrote: »
    Was not berjwin cross?

Yes it was berjwin. Sissoko and lovely ball are never used in the same sentance.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Was not berjwin cross?

Yes it was berjwin. Sissoko and lovely ball are never used in the same sentance.

Yes it was Berjwin....my bad

Wolves just scored, to go 1 nil.

Yup yup Harry.

Hope not injured.

• Advertisement
Advertisement