Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

Jesus its like we are three or four men down, what is happening

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Fulham will get back in this unless something changes. We're so ****ing deep, just asking for them to come at us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Something very reminiscent of latter stage poch with the full backs giving their wingers all the time in the world to pick a cross.

Mitrovic is going to do it tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

How in the name of christ is sanchez a premier league CB????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Beautiful run by Lamela:)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Lamela has bust a gut non stop all season and he's added proper quality on the ball the last month. He needs to be starting every game from here on in i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Even if we get out of this with a win the second half shows why we need a change. It’s a replica of Wolves, Palace, Fulham all over. Take the lead and sit back. It works if you have Chellini and Cannovara at the back, not Eric Dier and Sanchez. Pitiful. A win shouldn’t gloss over the tactics which are all wrong for the level of player at his disposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Well said

3 points, ****e performance. I'll take it, especially with other teams dropping points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Tough second half. But a wina win. 3pts away from a top 4. What a week we have had. 3 wins and 3 clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,791 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Jesus we were lucky to get away with that tonight.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Even if we get out of this with a win the second half shows why we need a change. It’s a replica of Wolves, Palace, Fulham all over. Take the lead and sit back. It works if you have Chellini and Cannovara at the back, not Eric Dier and Sanchez. Pitiful. A win shouldn’t gloss over the tactics which are all wrong for the level of player at his disposal.

Unfortunately I think Mourinho will be delighted that we got 3 points and a clean sheet

Thats the worst win i have ever seen, demonstrated absolutely everything wrong with this side.

Theres no way you could justify that back five performing like that game after game, i dont care who the manager is

Good result, not a good second half performance, but hopefully 3pts tonight and 2 league wins in a row can give us a confidence booster

:pac: COYS

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Unfortunately I think Mourinho will be delighted that we got 3 points and a clean sheet

Of course he'll be delighted we got 3 points and a clean sheet. So should we.

We should not be so happy about the performance.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Of course he'll be delighted we got 3 points and a clean sheet. So should we.

We should not be so happy about the performance.

Yeah sorry I meant more so that he will see it as proof that we can continue like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Sounds like i was lucky i didnt see the game ?

:)

Results went our way too, so maybe we are kinda back in the top4 race ? :P

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Didn't see the game but wasn't surprised it was a tough game, Fulham have been very good over the last 3 months or so and have given all the top teams a tough game. I think Parker is doing a really good job and don't know how he played last night but Anderson their centre half is somebody I think we should be looking at. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they won at Anfield on Sunday and I think they will stay up.
    Good to get the 3 points but was a poor performance by all accounts. I know its the 'dream front 4' but I think having Dele and Bale in the same team is a recipe for disaster with our defence. Lamela gives you so much more energy and effort than either but obviously doesn't have the skill of Bale in particular. Worried that Jose was quoted as saying that Dele did well when he came on against West Ham, he mustn't have been watching the same game I was watching. By all accounts Kane was atrocious last night but no sign of Vinny getting on.
    Think we will see a lot of changes on Sunday with Reggie, Aurier and probably Dier coming back in with Lamela and Moura to start.

Lad GAGA wrote: »
    Didn't see the game but wasn't surprised it was a tough game, Fulham have been very good over the last 3 months or so and have given all the top teams a tough game. I think Parker is doing a really good job and don't know how he played last night but Anderson their centre half is somebody I think we should be looking at. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they won at Anfield on Sunday and I think they will stay up.
    Good to get the 3 points but was a poor performance by all accounts. I know its the 'dream front 4' but I think having Dele and Bale in the same team is a recipe for disaster with our defence. Lamela gives you so much more energy and effort than either but obviously doesn't have the skill of Bale in particular. Worried that Jose was quoted as saying that Dele did well when he came on against West Ham, he mustn't have been watching the same game I was watching. By all accounts Kane was atrocious last night but no sign of Vinny getting on.
    Think we will see a lot of changes on Sunday with Reggie, Aurier and probably Dier coming back in with Lamela and Moura to start.

Hope we see reggie back in, we are a much better team with him.
    Same for aurier, I think he’s better than Doherty at the minute even with his brain farts.
    I hope he keeps the CBS the same and let’s Toby and Sanchez develop for a bit to see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

tom1ie wrote: »
    Hope we see reggie back in, we are a much better team with him.
    Same for aurier, I think he’s better than Doherty at the minute even with his brain farts.
    I hope he keeps the CBS the same and let’s Toby and Sanchez develop for a bit to see what happens.

3rd game in 7 days, doubt if he'l play Toby again Sunday.

• Advertisement

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    3rd game in 7 days, doubt if he'l play Toby again Sunday.

Tobys our best CB by miles. Chopping and changing is bloody killing us. Let a partnership develop.

Nearly everyone bar Jose knows he's our best CB. But with all these games coming thick and fast he needs to manage their game time. Read that Kane looked knackered on Thursday, he needs to be rested as well when he can. Two big games this coming week, ideally think he shouldn't start in both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Nice one super Burnley ha ha. You should have won it too. Some great defense imho!!

Lad GAGA wrote: »
    Nearly everyone bar Jose knows he's our best CB. But with all these games coming thick and fast he needs to manage their game time. Read that Kane looked knackered on Thursday, he needs to be rested as well when he can. Two big games this coming week, ideally think he shouldn't start in both of them.

3 wins and 3 clean sheets. Jaysus Fulham was a tough one but we won. We blitzed Burnley and they drew with arsenal. We should cream Palace tomorrow and they held united to a nil all draw. Lads we are on a roll and we all know that in April we will be nailed on for a top 4 finish and 2 cups too. We happy with that?
    https://youtu.be/xl7_pm3nNNc

I think its possible to separate the result from the performance, and to ask whether we *should* be having to rely on luck.

There's nothing brilliant about not be able to pass, mark or tackle and its not like we settled in against peak ac milan and got an admirable result.

We made fulham look like brazil 1970 and half our players looked utterly disinterested, and we stole a point from a team whose players i felt more proud of than ours at the final whistle.

I can't put a positive spin on anything, bar the three points- and nobody has complained about the three points!

Since 27 January, Fulham have had 5 draws, 2 wins and a loss before we beat them so our win was a good result.

Palace drew with united so if we win its a 5 point turnaround. Also Burnley drew with arsenal today so our 4 nil win looks class. Watching Brighton Leicester now so any Brighton result will be huge.

Palace is a tough game but I am going for a 2 goal win for the legends. Interesting to see what the line up will be.

Results goin our way alright today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Pool beaten again
    3 points today and by some miracle we are back in top 4 race

Some serious added time allowed when liverpool are seeking a goal, huh?

Must be nice to be one of those clubs that refs just can't bear to see losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Poxy bastards utd

• Advertisement

Ev5UiqAXAAEIdHv?format=jpg&name=large

Surprised Toby and Bale are starting. Should have enough to beat them with no Zaha, hopefully we can have the game wrapped up by half time.

No confidence in winks.
    We really need to start and continue with high intensity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Winks. Ugh.

Heres hoping doherty and winks dont drag the rest down- far too often we let the worst performance set the tone rather than a leader stepping in around it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Results so far today 0-0, 0-1, 0-2. Surely we can’t lose 3-0 at home to Palace!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭celt262

FFS Winks

Good to see keano getting a bit of stick about his reggie comments.

That has to be a yellow ffs

• Advertisement

Encouraged by the movement up front and a bit more intent in passes

Little sloppy at the key moment but an ok start

Doherty so bereft of confidence its painful to watch- he is starting ok but cant do two things right in a row!

Took me 15 minutes to realise Winks was playing. This is going to be a turgid match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

Sonny needs a goal. Just not happening for him at the moment.

Son is taking it, hesitating, playing it safe, not using reguilon at all.

Winks is ok so far. Hojbjerg giving it away too much. Lucas bale looking sharp.

Few lads have stopped looking for the ball the last few, no sign of bale or son when the ball is in and around their areas.

Look a lot more solid than usual tho imo

• Advertisement

Timing

Brilliant from lucas. 95% of the time an attacker fouls there but that was clean as a whistle

Bale is a Fcucking legend.

We are going to win the Premiership.

Moura is class winning balls back.

YES! well done moura! Never gives up.
    COYS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

First home goal of the day!��

• Advertisement
Advertisement