Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

Coleman is giving sanchez great praise but twice in two mins hes gambled (once dawdling instead of clearing, once a close offside he went to ground for too easily) where it could cost us from nothing

Add the goal, totally his fault

Add the other dawdle at two one

Four times, one game, chances taken that mean you simply cannot rely on keeping it tight at the back

And this is one of his *better* games

His lack of defensive instinct is a huge problem and i cant see a case to build a defence around him, regardless of his other attributes- another phil babb, always gives the opposition hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

I owe Lucas a partial apology but if he could pass he be super player

Brilliant to see bale coming good
    Doherty did ok too

We finding a bit of form at the right time lads

Souness is going to town on bale after a few spiked questions in the post match interview

Keano and micah are good value tonight

Funny stuff

Sourness reckons he played his best ball at 31, I only remember him kicking people 😀

• Advertisement

Its astonishing that they are talking as if bale was permanently a 60 minute man, as opposed to still being played back to fitness after essentially three years part time.

If bale isn't regularly playing 90 mins in four weeks I'll eat my hat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

I think top 4 is still a long shot . But no reason why we can’t give europa league a good rattle and hopefully give city a good game and maybe even catch them off an off day to win a league cup .

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Delighted with that result and performance, probably our most complete performance of the season from the games I've seen. Bale is just different class, his awareness and ability to execute defence splitting passes is fantastic and getting in amongst the goals will do his confidence the world of good. Kane's goal is a goal of the season contender. Moura was really good but caused the first goal with a bad decision/pass. Toby's long passing was great. Delighted to see Doherty have a good game, his best so far, again will do his confidence the world of good. Sanchez is Sanchez, will never be the real deal and will be prone to making poor decisions but he is playing better than previously (which isn't saying a lot). Actually thought the subs were the right subs to bring on at that time and both played well. Lamela has been really consistent in recent weeks. Reggie just gives you so much both defensively and offensively and Holjberg was excellent after a dodgy start. We're on the move lads, momentum is everything at this stage.

Yknow whats great

Rested ndombele for that

Add a centre half, and imo still a top notch right back, we give other teams little joy and a lot to fear.

Skipp and sessegnon to come in for nothing!

Thats not a lot to have to add.

If mourinho can hold it together the rest of the season and we strike quick in the market i think kane, bale et all stay without much complaint.

But we are so damn shaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Yeah was good to rest Ndombele. But the likes of Hojberg, Kane, Son, Toby can't keep playing 2/3 games a week so he needs to figure that out and then you end up playing Dier who hasn't played in 3/4 matches and will be even rustier/dodgier than normal. Will be interesting to see what team he picks on Thursday.

• Advertisement

Its a case of knowing the limitations of the players coming in that weaken you and adjusting roles and tactics accordingly, i think

"Full strength" depends on a lot of mysterious unknowns like fitness, form, chemistry and the opposition you're facing, for instance.

But mourinho should know at this stage when aurier, sanchez, dier and davies start (for instance) where the gaps and weaknesses are and has to be tweaking instructions accordingly.

Its the predictable and repeated errors of similar type that hold this team back. Sanchez not marking closely and not dealing decisively with balls he is running back to hugo are two cases in point.

Aurier reckless tackles, leaves massive gaps behind him.

Davies slow and letting runs behind him.

Toby gets turned.

Dier goes to ground too easily, both in melees as crosses come in and in tackles.

Lloris comes out for nothing, hangs his defence.

Doherty loses the ball up the pitch and doesnt get back.

Everything above is predictable! We know we have to play these guys, if they cannot be coached to address the above then (for me) toby and hojbjerg have to be instructed to take charge during games and watch for these things, and keep shouting and in peoples faces to prevent them.

But you know if Davies plays, son has the left flank. If reguilon plays, weirdly, the right flank is more dangerous because stretching.

That kind of little applied knowledge can cover gaps, but it relies on jose tweaking as and when a player changes in to the team. For a while there we played the same regardless of the characteristics out there on the pitch and it was a real problem.

Yknow whats great

Rested ndombele for that

Add a centre half, and imo still a top notch right back, we give other teams little joy and a lot to fear.

Skipp and sessegnon to come in for nothing!

Thats not a lot to have to add.

If mourinho can hold it together the rest of the season and we strike quick in the market i think kane, bale et all stay without much complaint.

But we are so damn shaky.

Add a fully fit le celso to that mix too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

It’s funny how it goes . Go back a week we were bang average and Jose out . Now we are winning next seasons premiership !

spurshero wrote: »
    It’s funny how it goes . Go back a week we were bang average and Jose out . Now we are winning next seasons premiership !

We dont watch spurs to measure our emotions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Quick question. How come we are playing the home leg first in the Europa League this week? I thought we were due to play away in the first leg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

abff wrote: »
    Quick question. How come we are playing the home leg first in the Europa League this week? I thought we were due to play away in the first leg?

"they" dont like 2 clubs from the one city playing at home on the same night,
    the same reason why our 2nd leg game Vs Wolfsberger was switched to a wednesday night.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

I guess it’s probably better that we don’t have to travel to Zagreb before the Arsenal game. Hopefully, we can win the opening leg comfortably so that the away leg is not too challenging.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Great win last night, and a good team performance. Some of the goals involved some really nice pieces of play. Before Kane's cracking finish, there were 23 passes and every single player was involved. His 2nd was also some really nice play, with two fantastic passes from Lamela and Son.

We still look quite shaky at the back, but its a real return to our potency up front.

Bale with a 30 yard screamer to win against Arsenal at the weekend :D

Good points from Shearer.

Player burnout , especially Kane, and the effect all these games coming so quickly are affecting the quality of the games themselves.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/alan-shearer-harry-kane-worry-19988945

Matt Doherty gave a very honest interview

Lot of people contrasting it very favourably indeed with the one Dier gave a few weeks back.

• Advertisement

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-police-investigation-launched-after-suited-men-sneak-into-ground-20210309

Strange !

2 'suited men' sneak into Craven Cottage, and hide a mobile under the desk where the 3 boyos do the punditry from !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

First decent game of football ive seen in a long time on telly last night, Juve vs Porto. Overall football has been really poor since fans are gone from the matches.

Spurs kits are 60% off on Elverys at the moment.

Kiith wrote: »
    Spurs kits are 60% off on Elverys at the moment.

Only the home jersey there in adult size though .... I was hoping the yellow one was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

A bit of a discount also in Lifestyle sports. Picked up the kids yellow one last week, and am on the look out for kids purple from last year but cant seem to find it anywhere without paying full whack. Cant be arsed ordering jerseys from China any more..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Just looking at table after City win. We are 23 points behind them. We were 8 ahead of them in November. Puts a lot in context

It puts the idea of us going from a tired, beat squad severely underinvested and on the floor to "title chasers" in Jose's first full year in perspective

Otherwise, "team with unlimited resources do well over time" isnt much we can learn from

Look at what its costing liverpool now to have made that insane effort over the past year and a half

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Big game tonight. Hopefully we can do the business tonight and push ahead positively for the game Sunday. COYS

• Advertisement

Team tonight.
    Lloris (C), Aurier, Sanchez, Dier, Davies, Sissoko, Ndombele, Dele, Lamela, Son, Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Team tonight.

Cheers for that. No Bale :(

Rested for the Arsenal game at the weekend i imagine.

Hardly expected to see him a third game in a week tbf, id be happy to see kane and son rested while we are at it tbh but maybe in second half if score allows

That defence and sissoko in front fill me with dread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,791 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Hardly expected to see him a third game in a week tbf, id be happy to see kane and son rested while we are at it tbh but maybe in second half if score allows

No reggie!
    Different team without him.

• Advertisement

He is so, so key

Kane, Hojbjerg, Toby and Reggie are the four guys key to us playing imo.

He is so, so key

Kane, Hojbjerg, Toby and Reggie are the four guys key to us playing imo.

Yeah, reggie really gives the opposition something to think about which creates a bit more space on the rhs also.
    Very disappointed not to see him start.

Hes back from injury only a match or two tbf

That back line is horrible. If the opposition failed to show up theyd still manufacture three good chances

Are we not on BT?

Is it on tv? I backed Zagreb at 9/1. They are in serious form. Hope I’m wrong but will cash in on my misery if not

• Advertisement

golfball37 wrote: »
    Is it on tv? I backed Zagreb at 9/1. They are in serious form. Hope I’m wrong but will cash in on my misery if not

bad-form.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I do not like the idea of Sissoko and Alli playing together in midfield. I hope I'm wrong but I can see NDombele getting isolated both with and without the ball.

Delighted to see Lamela start. Less said about the back 4 the better

bad-form.gif

I’ve made a small fortune over the years backing against us. Spurs will always be spurs so may as well make money off it. When I lose I’m happy, when I win money I’m not but at least I have a consolation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

tom1ie wrote: »
    Are we not on BT?

BT sport ESPN

Who the **** played that suicide ball

Ndombele i think. Very slow start.

davycc wrote: »
    BT sport ESPN

DAZN also

Ndombele i think. Very slow start.

Thought it was a white player tbh but the eyes aint what they used be!

Early signs that we can get at them are there

Pace on the break for them

Hopefully we bully a few early goals in

Davies ceding the left back position all game again i see

• Advertisement
Advertisement