Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Just been listening to "Rule the roost" podcast. Two lads rambling on about Spurs.

They were making the point that Harry Kane is under-rated or under loved by Spurs fans and beyond.

The fact that the greatest Spurs player in most of our lifetime has been voted Spurs player of the season only once,is rediculous.

We have one of the top 5 players in the world who has stayed with this club even though he's won fook all trophies.

They also shine a light on all the progress of Spurs under Levy.

I agree with them we are lucky to have Daniel Levy. We are extremely lucky to Have Harry Kane with us and should enjoy and cherish him while it lasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,791 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Really looking forward to Tomorrows game, which kinda worries me as I don’t know how many times I’ve been fairly confident in a spurs team only to be left underwhelmed fairly soon after.
    Come on spurs please don’t let me down tomorrow, we win this and we are in a good pace for CL football and momentum for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

tom1ie wrote: »
    Really looking forward to Tomorrows game, which kinda worries me as I don’t know how many times I’ve been fairly confident in a spurs team only to be left underwhelmed fairly soon after.
    Come on spurs please don’t let me down tomorrow, we win this and we are in a good pace for CL football and momentum for the rest of the season.

Yes, especially with Chelsea drawing with Leeds today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Everton beaten too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

3 points tomorrow would be hugh with todays results.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Win tomorrow would put us ahead of Everton and 2 points behind Chelsea (with a game at hand) into joint 5th. West Ham still ahead of us, but they have United tomorrow and we could draw level with them if they lose that.

Definite progress after a few really bad weeks.

For the day that’s in it, name the four players in the premier league era who have played for both spurs and the gooners, (without looking up google!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

For the day that’s in it, name the four players in the premier league era who have played for both spurs and the gooners, (without looking up google!!)

Sol Campbell, Pat Jennings?

whodafunk wrote: »
    Sol Campbell, Pat Jennings?

Sol correct, pat incorrect (premier league only)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Sol correct, pat incorrect (premier league only)

Rohan Ricketts/Danny Rose?

• Advertisement

whodafunk wrote: »
    Rohan Ricketts/Danny Rose?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Assuming everyone bar Gio is fit and ready to go, looks like the team picks itself. The only place up for grabs is Aurier/Doherty. On the basis that he didn't play him on Thursday I think Doherty might get the nod which I would be happy with. Despite Lamela being brilliant recently I think he will start with Moura as in recent league games and following on from last week it would be harsh to not start him. Big game but player for player we are a far better team just hope they continue to play the way they have been, COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Judas, Gallas, Adebayor and I can’t think of the 4th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Bentley

Well done all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Bentley

And what a goal (and game) that wondergoal was.

OK, this is a tricky one. We are on a streak and Arsenal are nearly on a streak but have wobbles. Both played midweek but we seem to have the edge.

Reg and Bale and hjolberg to start. Kane seems OK. I want Son to have a world ie to get confidence back. Most of the other results have gone our way so a win will blow top four apart. Lawrenson has predicted a 2 nil win for us which always worries me

I'm going for a 1 goal edge for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

joeguevara wrote: »
    OK, this is a tricky one. We are on a streak and Arsenal are nearly on a streak but have wobbles. Both played midweek but we seem to have the edge.

Reg and Bale and hjolberg to start. Kane seems OK. I want Son to have a world ie to get confidence back. Most of the other results have gone our way so a win will blow top four apart. Lawrenson has predicted a 2 nil win for us which always worries me

I'm going for a 1 goal edge for us.

Who's hacked your account Joe?

The 11 I'd like to see is:

Lloris

Aurier Sanchez. Toby. Reggie

Hojbjerg. Tanguy

Bale. Lamela. Lucas

Kane

Son needs a break. If he plays it's just in the hope that the ball falls to him

I think that's the form 11 over the last month

• Advertisement

I dont think theres much between these two teams, and you can bet they will raise their game (we always did for them when they were streets ahead of us in the table)

Its games like these that are really why mourinho was brought in imo- and weve seen hodgson and parker and many more outwit him so far

nerves of the players will be the make or break on both teams, kane to be the difference

Perez with a beauty for Leicester

Wouldve been a fine signing for us when newcastle were selling, far better player than his stats show and a decent cover at CF or playing behind

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Who's hacked your account Joe?

Oh sorry, I should have been clearer that the one goal edge is after 10 minutes and a 4 goal winning margin.

Just heard that aubamamayang, fcuck it that's the best I can do spelling wise, has been left out for discipline reasons. He is the best they have and a huge loss.

That's better Joe.

Doherty starts at RB anyway. That could be a massive weakness if Bale isn't getting back quickly Tierney might well have a field day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Happy with that line up. Lamela is usually more effective off the bench I find. And we seem to have finally settled on something resembling a first choice back 4 (until the next howler)

MrKingsley wrote: »
    That's better Joe.

Doherty starts at RB anyway. That could be a massive weakness if Bale isn't getting back quickly Tierney might well have a field day

He might

Bale might also keep him a lot more conservative than normal tho

• Advertisement

Fair point Snoop.

Definitely fancy us to get the better of the midfield battle anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

He might

Bale might also keep him a lot more conservative than normal tho

Yeah that could go either way and could be crucial

Its too tight to call and you never watch it without nerves but i have a good feeling about it

Should be engrossing anyway

One more thing that will be influential- if the ref today lets the opposition take turns at hacking ndombele without any repercussions it will hurt us badly.

If he brings his form with him and the ref protects him he can absolutely kill them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Arse 0 Spurs 5 is my prediction.

• Advertisement

Cagey start

Tidy but cagey

Very slow start from Spurs

Too passive

Hugo didnt do great there but recovered

Its a bad sign for them that they havent actually fashioned a chance tbh

Theres a gap in midfield

Lucky there

Jaysus that was close. Awful defending there.

Hojbjerg needs a word with ndombele and Lucas they are having that left centre of midfield to themselves all the way to the box

Way off the pace. Need to cop the fcuk on.

Son gone, looks like a hamstring.

Son hammer. Fuçk it anyway.

Kiith wrote: »
    Son gone, looks like a hamstring.

Can't be Alli coming on if it is. He is the absolute opposite of that's the case

This game needed Lamela

• Advertisement

At least he's walking off. Lamela coming on for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Lamela on be grand

Not too worried with Son going off giving his form.

Jesus we are begging them to get a tap in

Kane isnt doing anything dropping into midfield, he should be up hassling their centre halves

Ive no problem waiting for a shaky arsenal to make a mistake, but you have to keep it tight and we absolutely arent doing that

Glebee wrote: »
    Not too worried with Son going off giving his form.

He could use a few weeks off

Should sign that feckin contract too in the break

We seem to be more in control since the argie rocket has come on.

Not enough ndombele on the ball by half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Go on super co co

• Advertisement

Ref is letting a few go on moura, could be two bookings the last five mins

Advertisement