Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

Ndombele off too

Again, cant argue

Will dele hold it up or find the killer pass, or will he simply replace the former in the "only noticed him when he gave it away" role?

Ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,791 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

And there’s the Sanchez implosion.

How the **** has that ball gotten to him

Yet again out defenders nowhere near the actual man

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sanchez had to try and block that. Should never have gotten to him that easily in the first place.

We deserve nothing from this. Absolutely woeful performance.

Have to question the defensive coaching, every game several moments where the opposition strikers are nobody's responsibility

How can that keep happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

Shocking performamce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

No way Kane is fit. If anyone else put in a performance like his today we'd all be fuming

Who will Jose blame today???

• Advertisement

Kane has been absent but the inability or disinterest in the midfield to keep the ball and move it forward has also been a real let down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

A part of me thinks Davinson was a bit unlucky that Lacazette fresh aired the ball. His tackling technique is very clumsy though, he somehow managed to be facing away from ball and player when he made the tackle.

Alli has to score that imo

Ormus wrote: »
    A part of me thinks Davinson was a bit unlucky that Lacazette fresh aired the ball. His tackling technique is very clumsy though, he somehow managed to be facing away from ball and player when he made the tackle.

Would agree but starting ten yards from a man and yet still playing him inside will leave you in these tough spots

He simply switches off, even in a good performance

Still think a draw is for the taking here but its a real step back to the cowardly performances of a few months back

And thats very hard to understand.

Lamela trying his best to get sent off now.

• Advertisement

People giving doherty a hard time but reguilon has let a lot of deliveries in from that side too

We just arent working hard enough either flank, off the ball- midfield or defence

Alli has to score that imo

Strange that he doesn't give his all to get on the end of it. Not like him

We are jogging around in front of the ball, quite happy

The same lads will look devastated at the final whistle and claim they gave it everything in a narrow defeat

Lamela gone.

Surprised its taken this long for Lamela to get a red :pac:

tom1ie wrote: »
    Lamela trying his best to get sent off now.

Well, yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Kiith wrote: »
    Surprised its taken this long for Lamela to get a red :pac:

Ha I was just thinking is it his first red for us? Miraculous if so

Soft enough yellow but he had laid the ground for it with a few tackles before that and cant blame the ref at all

Passive, passive passive

Neither manager nor players take any credit but the lack of leaders on the pitch is a horror yet again for me

That's a dangerous tackle for me

This is as bad as we've been in a while. Shockingly bad performance, making Arsenal look like a brilliant team. They've barely had to get out of 2nd gear.
    Ormus wrote: »
    Ha I was just thinking is it his first red for us? Miraculous if so
    Yeah, somehow has managed to avoid getting a red up till now.

Words cannot describe how unprofessional Alan Smith is. If we can mute crowd noise why can't we mute him

If tierney did not dive would ut have been a foul??

That's a dangerous tackle for me

Absolutely

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Words cannot describe how unprofessional Alan Smith is. If we can mute crowd noise why can't we mute him

I was just agreeing with him there tbh- that team was attacking on paper, i wouldnt jump to criticise mourinho based on the selection. Too many of them failed to control a ball or find a teammate all game, thats hardly an instruction from the manager.

We probably need to start acknowledging that hojbjerg gives the ball away for fun, even when he has no pressure on him.

Surely a yellow there for xhaka.

Flag up ffs

• Advertisement

Shows how bad they are

If we attacked them with any competence we'd have them reeling

I was just agreeing with him there tbh- that team was attacking on paper, i wouldnt jump to criticise mourinho based on the selection. Too many of them failed to control a ball or find a teammate all game, thats hardly an instruction from the manager.

I was thinking more so that Lamela flying in and winning the ball is "dangerous" (Sissoko actually gave the free away) but Xhaka doing more more recklessly is a "proper tackle".

We have been utter muck. I will not give credit to any commentator noticing that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Something in me thinks that we will at least draw this match.

Jesus we are headless under a high ball, ive had dogs who jumped at a bouncing ball with more brains and intent

Lucas has had some excellent moments, if the two behind him had covered and passed to a reasonable level all match we had a platform

Kane free kick ah well

Ooof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Embarrassing all round today. Should be beating this Woolwich team handy. The way we are set up doesn’t give us the best chance of winning. Yes the players are rubbish but they should be attacking.

Wtf is Doherty doing with that “pass”

• Advertisement

Why put a bit of life into it now ffs its like rubbing our noses into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

Cowardly tactics for me. We've had 65% of the ball since Lamela was sent off. Arsenal are a poor side who crumble under pressure, so why sit off and let them play their game? Pressure them and force them to make their usual mistakes.

Hojbjerg just kicking it to them again and again and again

What are people seeing that says we were set up to defend?

Ive seen an entire midfield kicking the ball to red shirts all game, thats not a managerial instruction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

An utterly pathetic performance regardless of whether an equaliser materialises in last few minutes. This Woolwich side are no better than Burnley or Crystal Palace who were rolled over last few weeks, yet Mourinho sends them out with a defensive mindset and set up as if it’s Brazil 1970 they’re facing. Only started playing when down to 10 men and have bosses the game with a disallowed Kane goal and hitting the post too.

Licas super again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Well, that was sh*te

• Advertisement

Half way house tactics for me. Half press, half sit in and no one knows really what they are meant to do. NDombele was hiding not looking for the ball so we can only lump it forward to a hobbling Kane.

The fact that we can play like that for the last 20 minutes with 10 men says so muc

An utterly **** of a display. No effert shown until the 90th minute.

I dunno lads, hojbjerg and ndombele and kane didnt do much right today and we can criticise the defence and mourinho but if three big names dont do the basics you wont win

Players need to shoulder blame today, way way way below par on the easy stufd

golfball37 wrote: »
    An utterly pathetic performance regardless of whether an equaliser materialises in last few minutes. This Woolwich side are no better than Burnley or Crystal Palace who were rolled over last few weeks, yet Mourinho sends them out with a defensive mindset and set up as if it’s Brazil 1970 they’re facing. Only started playing when down to 10 men and have bosses the game with a disallowed Kane goal and hitting the post too.

Is it the players is it mourinho? I’m not so sure.
    Jose certainly doesn’t tell them to give it away non stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Licas super again

He really has been top class for us.

No issue with arsenal win. They were better and we didn't really show up. Nearly scraped a point in the end but not to be. With the other results, it is a pity that we didn't capitalise but also the defeat was not as bad as it could have been.

One thing that does worry me is the reaction of Bale being substituted. He had that sullen disgusted look we had seen before. I hope it was as a result of being disappointed with his performance rather than because he was being taken off.

Hope son is not too serious but on recent performances he does not deserve to start, which is an absolute crazy thing to say.

Anyway, hope all ye legends are well and keep the heads up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement