Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

greendom wrote: »
    Sanchez absolutely clatters into Lacazette - how can that not be a foul?

Sanchez does not make contact with him.
    He is kicked by Lackazette ..
    No way a peno. It is almost unanimous amongst all pundits on all stations.
    Lineker - Ljungberg - Keown - Hoddle - Owen - Wright ...
    Even Lacazette himself.....

No way was it a pen. Another clusterfcuk by officals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1e11ENofcg

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

greenspurs wrote: »
    Sanchez does not make contact with him.
    He is kicked by Lackazette ..
    No way a peno. It is almost unanimous amongst all pundits on all stations.
    Lineker - Ljungberg - Keown - Hoddle - Owen - Wright ...
    Even Lacazette himself.....

No way was it a pen. Another clusterfcuk by officals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1e11ENofcg

Well they're all wrong

https://twitter.com/search?q=lacazette%20penalty&src=typed_query

greendom wrote: »

Whos wrong ? and how is that link proving anything either way ?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Equium wrote: »
    Defenders sitting deep, lack of any pressure on the ball, a contentedness to pass backwards rather than try anything progressive. It's not as if Arsenal were applying ferocious pressure that was hemming Spurs in. That came from a combination of poor ability and, much more so, a manager drilling fear into his players. There is such a fear of making a mistake within this squad. A bit ironic when relying on Sanchez and sometimes Dier to keep a clean sheet.

Hojbjerg was coming far too deep to get the ball of the centre backs in the first half. It really annoyed me seeing him taking it and passing straight back to them. That is normally coached out of a player very early on as you're essentially wasting a midfielder and cutting out passing options.

This x100%. Disappointing result against a very ordinary Arsenal side and a shocking display. The fact that we dominated the game for 15/20 minutes with only 10 men tells you everything about the previous 70 minutes. In fairness the performance was the same against them at home except we scored two break away goals and they couldn't score but dominated the game from start to finish.
    I thought we had progressed but clearly not. Too many players didnt show up but why didnt Jose or somebody get the defence to push up and for the team to show more intensity as they have been playing recently. I hate seeing Kane moving back towards the half way line just causes the whole team to play very deep. A lot of games are won and lost in the middle of the park and Holjberg and NDombele in particular were atrocious. As I say they are an ordinary team, we looked as if we were afraid of them. Lamela is liable to be sent off in every game, just in his nature, can't tackle to save his life but always tries to win the ball back in fairness to him. The result wasn't down to him if anything him going off seemed to get a reaction which should have been there from minute one in a derby especially. Moura was excellent, the one shining light.
    Bale was hugely disappointing but I would have had nDombele off before him. Think we just go all out for the EL at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Whos wrong ? and how is that link proving anything either way ?? :confused:

The video clearly shows Sanchez clattering into Lacazette from the side and slightly to the rear. It doesn't matter that the striker completely fluffed his shot, anywhere on the pitch that's a foul. And a foul in the penalty area is a penalty.
    A penalty kick is awarded if a player commits a direct free kick offence inside their penalty area or off the field as part of play as outlined in Laws 12 and 13.

Lacazette was right to say Arsenal were lucky to get the penalty. It was extremely fortunate that Sanchez committed the foul, when Lacazette made such a mess of the shot

• Advertisement

No ....
    And ...
    No....

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

At this stage is doesn't really matter but for me it was a penalty and here is my 'logic'. His 'tackle' was after Lacazette had shot and he was never blocking the shot (even if it was on target) and just made contact with the man. So it was effectively a late tackle, similar to Kane's tackle on Gabriel which he should have been at least booked for and arguably sent off. But we can argue all day it won't change anything. Sanchez has no composure and is liable to those sort of challenges all game but as others have pointed out the ball got into Lacazette too easily in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

I actually dont think nDombele gives a flying fcuk most of the time. He has bags of skill but he just strolls around the pitch. Dont get me started about the get up of him on the bench for last Thursday nights game against Dinamo Zagreb with the blankets. Would you trust that in your midfield to run teh show????

I gave ndombele enough of a hard time on his difficult start, and imo i was justified in doing so- i havent changed my opinion on that just because he came good

But he has been excellent for a good run, and he was kicked off the pitch during the week.

I wouldnt judge himself or hojbjerg too harshly on that one game

The three behind kane didnt help anybody all game until lucas started running at them at 2-1. They didnt make a ball stick almost the whole game, and they didnt even draw fouls losing it. Just gave it away with the second touch all game, and offered nothing to the full backs.

kane himself went into "do it all himself mode" far, far too early.

basically they turned into a group of eleven individuals and that goal was a miracle given that we didnt run nor pass for each other besides

Lucas only stood out in the end because his moves were all individual actions, it wasnt like anyone moved for him either when he was taking on four or five

Lot of guys standing around off the ball.

And have to be honest, the number one culprit at that for the last long while went off injured with a hamstring

It was the liverpool game all over again, very worrying

They did it to poch, they are doing it to jose.

Maybe they dont even know what else to do at this stage- would love to see an angry man in a spurs shirt at any stage this season but tell me who out there has that righteous streak in him?

Sulkers is what we have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

In related news, Dinamo Zagreb boss Zoran Mamic has been sentenced to four years and eight months in prison for fraud, along with his brother Zdravko, the club's former executive director!!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/mar/15/dynamo-zagreb-zoran-mamic-given-four-year-prison-sentence-tottenham

• Advertisement

https://www.lifestylesports.com/ie/mens-sale/?prefn1=LSSMainProductType&prefv1=Jerseys

3 jerseys available for adults.
    an extra 17% off , today only.

the return leg is on this evening at Stadium Maksimir in Zagreb on Thursday 18 March (kick off 5.55pm )

Lo Celso returns ?
    Sonny out

Looking for an easy win and carlos to play the second 45

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

the return leg is on this evening at Stadium Maksimir in Zagreb on Thursday 18 March (kick off 5.55pm )

Lo Celso returns ?
    Sonny out

Early kick off, lovely stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

5.55 bt1. Looking for a big performance to eradicate Sunday's performance from all memory. Early goal to settle the nerves and then run rampant.

Lloris (C), Aurier, Sanchez, Dier, Davies, Sissoko, Winks, Dele, Lamela, Lucas, Kane.

Lo Celso on the bench, which is good to see.

Kiith wrote: »
    Lloris (C), Aurier, Sanchez, Dier, Davies, Sissoko, Winks, Dele, Lamela, Lucas, Kane.

Lo Celso on the bench, which is good to see.

Why Kane ffs .... Jesus christ give the man a break!!:confused:

Why Kane ffs .... Jesus christ give the man a break!!:confused:

To be fair, we need a goal to get the tie secure, so he should start. Get an early goal, get him off at HT.

Great move there that dele swiped at, and dier immediately allows a sixty yard ball to bounce and hit his hand while he looks the other way

Lamela could see red there on a bad night

Laboured and lazyish performance so far. Lucas poor in his decisions, hes a pure reaction player but with time to think hes a level below

Lamela booked, didnt see for a separate incident or not

• Advertisement

Not an inspired half, they caused us way too many problems at the end there

Sissoko, Dier and Davies look like creating chances from nothing for Zagreb

Plus point- that viral shanty from tiktok as half time stadium music

Fan-****ing-tastic. 1-0 to them...exactlly what we needed :mad:

These lads arent far off a disgrace tbh

Cracking strike from them, with some Aurier defending.

tbh theyve been wasteful with three or four good chances

We should be creaming these lads with our second team but theres defenders out there who wont defend midfielders who cant pass and a striker who demands to play despite being a knackered injury risk.

Whats all that about then.

We should be a few more down really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Gio on and ndombele to get a grip on the midfield

We are sh1te...

Just need one bit of quality from either GLC, NDombele, Kane or Bale to get us an away goal and save us.

• Advertisement

Davies and Sissoko offer nothing but a massive downgrade to our first choice options

Skipp and sessegnon should be in their shirts in august

We are a joke.

These lads are cowards

Cowards without talent

Sissoko has stopped trying for this club and he is a rotten player without that, he meets none of the criteria for the job

I actually dont blame Jose. I hope he comes out after and calls it as it is. Player are guttless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

im seen some sh!te down the years but this takes some beating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Another mentally deficient display. It’s beyond pathetic how pathetic we are.

Glebee wrote: »
    I actually dont blame Jose. I hope he comes out after and calls it as it is. Player are guttless.

The same lads did it to the guy they owed everything

Why would jose mourinho fear about what sissoko, winks, dier, davies did or didnt do for him?

Is it straight to pens

The centre halves are absolutely uninterestes in marking

****ting themselves the pair of them

Sanchez is now deliberately placing himself so as to avoid marking or tackling, hes hanging aurier (and ye know how i feel about aurier lads)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Wow, great goal and a hattrick. Looks like we're going out with a ****ing whimper

At least we won’t lose on pens anyway

Lol

Ah lads, this is absolutely pathetic. Schoolboy stuff out there, and i'm almost glad we're going out if this is all we can muster.

Disgraceful yet again.

Should be at least 10 p45s handed out in morning. Even if they score and sneak through this is inexcusable

Mickey mouse shower of cnuts...

Dier turned his back on the shot, ffs

A disgrace

Ndombele gave that away as close to on purpose as it not mattering

And three got out of his way

Hes done nothing special there, thats a good finish but he beat nobody to score it

Sissoko should never get a minute again he has been an actual shame

The casual way Sissokho gave the ball away.. I despair

• Advertisement
Advertisement