Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

4 times in a row there Sanchez just hoofed it away...keep the ****ing ball!!

For perspective, we were worse under ramos lads, i promise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

That was never on ffs Bergwijn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Not even trying here. No urgency when one goal will do. People then fooled by final ten mins v Woolwich. This team is done

Jenas is spot on, the performances are awful but it's the manner of them that's most worrying.

Players want Jose out...its the only explanation i can think of for how professional players can be so utterly ****e.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Jenas is spot on, the performances are awful but it's the manner of them that's most worrying.

Let him put a name on some players then

Hanging the manager isnt good enough analysis either

Haha this is hilarious! The ball won't go in, not a chance are we scoring in this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

We were never going to win EL. Maybe this will prompt a reaction in the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Bloody hell!

Oh theyre ****ing bothered all a sudden

Save it ye cowards. Ten mins a game heroes.

**** off.

Experts at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

They dont care where they kick it, theres not a man there wants the responsibility

Dier just threw them the minute they need with a stupd foul. Idiot.

Be cruel on Zagreb to concede

Lumped it away, didnt even challenge the header, almost concede the break

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Haven't posted in here for the last 14 games (since Liverpool defeat)

Just got one thing to say.

Bottlers

/out

Never been as disgusted with them

Not a man bothered.

Tepid Tottenham are out! That says it all.

That sums up this absolutely pathetic excuse for a football team. Completely devoid of any heart or passion, just going through the motions, not giving a flying **** about their fans.

Every one of them should be out the ****ing door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

one word disgrace

too a man they were shameful

• Advertisement

There's something seriously rotten in the club at the moment, and i'm not really sure what it is. It's either a squad clear out, or Jose goes. These kinds of performances are simply not acceptable, and something has to change.

Players out for me, as they showed this same ****e under Poch. Jose can only do so much with players. These are supposedly professional players, who are unable to string two passes together, or defend with any sort of ability. No one seems to give a ****, or at least no one gives a **** until we are 2 down or down to 10 men. Complete lack of any sort of plan, or at least the complete inability of the players to implement said plan. He should drop them all and just play the youth team for the remainder of the season. We're not getting anywhere near top 4 on these performances, and certainly not winning against City.

Saying that, Jose is certainly not blameless. Just go at these teams for **** sake. Arsenal and Zagreb were both there for the taking, and our attacking team shoudl have more then enough to score against them. But we are so slow moving forward, and sit so deep, it leaves massive gaps in midfield that schoolboy players would be able to take advantage of.

I really don't know why i bother watching these games anymore.

Dishonest f*cks. Never even tried tonight.

Its lovely that we have hojbjerg

But the idea that the 23 other players in the squad could be allowed delegate all leadership and desire to him is a disgrace on them one and all.

Have to say I feel sorry for ye spurs fans, as a fulham supporter meself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,790 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Missed the game as in a poxy hospital waiting room.
    Can’t believe we are out, the performance must have been utter crap.

Kane once again fluffed his lines in a big moment in a big game too. He gets off far too easily, himself and Son can do no wrong

tom1ie wrote: »
    Missed the game as in a poxy hospital waiting room.
    Can’t believe we are out, the performance must have been utter crap.

You missed nothing. Literally nothing. Hope all is well.

Jose is shovelling them under the bus

And i am 💯 behind him doing so

The one thing i hoped for when these lads got poch sacked was that jose wouldnt cover for them

**** them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Don’t think I’m ever more pissed off as a spurs fan .got what we deserved . Quiet simple really they wanted it more . Makes me laugh really I think we thought it was a go through the motions job . Hard to know where we go
    From here. One thing is for sure though either a lot of the players go or Jose goes.

• Advertisement

I think right at the end of the ramos era we went down to Portsmouth or someone 2-0 and id gone golfing in the rain instead and wasnt even bothered until i saw the result hours later

Times when jols spurs (who had a serious quality in attack) just threw game after game after game away on breaks and set plays, that got tiring

avb was in fact the soulless tactician every claims jose is and bale aside i enjoyed very little of his time

gerry francis oy vey

The last full 18 months of poch was painful, the more so because it hurt him so much and we still came so close to glory

This? This isnt that bad, because i think levy is in a corner, with jose between him and a team that need an absolute shoeing.

And levy needs jose to succeed.

And Jose, like poch, needs winners to succeed. But unlike poch he wont stand in front of the press for them when they try to screw him.

I'd rather mourinho and levy and stadium with whatever players mourinho decides to keep than any manager in the world and this current pack, who have as many gutless rats as poch faced on his first day in the squad

I hope he goes to war against these sad, whinging children tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tomo75

He gave a good summary in his post match interview...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Honest question as an Arsenal fan tonight. Not here to gloat, we're in no position to do that. A lot of you are talking clear-out. Do you really mean that? Kane and Son would get you a heap of cash, do you mean them too? Just interested, not here to slag.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Honest question as an Arsenal fan tonight. Not here to gloat, we're in no position to do that. A lot of you are talking clear-out. Do you really mean that? Kane and Son would get you a heap of cash, do you mean them too? Just interested, not here to slag.

To be honest, now’s not the best time to ask that question. We’re all feeling too pissed off to give a reasoned answer.

abff wrote: »
    To be honest, now’s not the best time to ask that question. We’re all feeling too pissed off to give a reasoned answer.

Sound, as I said, not here to offend at all. Just seems that a lot of you are blaming the players and not the manager. I'll not bother you guys again

Its a fair question

Id hope that levy gives jose his choice of players to keep and we fire sale the rest.

But its not as easy as that. Levy will prize kane and son above all else imo, but will they hang around if jose leaves and a rebuild starts again?

Will they hang around if he stays and a rebuild continues?

Tbh the worst sin is levy doing what he did with poch. Keeping a manager on but undermining him by refusing to clear out at a loss and reinforcing to the liles of alli that they get to dictate the level of effort and loyalty shown to the club.

I cannot see kane or son staying, and i also cannot see jose doing well from scratch either.

But my preference is definitely levy, jose, kane, son, lo celso, reguilon, ndombele et al start with a new team of supporting cast around them in the summer- early

Theres no ideal likely solution tbh

Can't help, like us, with big investment to bring in big revenue by doing the stadium, and suddenly no crowds at the games. Just interested so thanks for answering.

I don’t want Kane or Son to go. As for the rest of them ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Son signing new contract was supposed to be close six months ago. I think he may leave.

Sell Winks, Sissiko, Lamella, Sanchez, Dier, Ndombele, lloris, Davis and Dele.

We really need to spend big on defence and midfield and get rid of the deadwood.

Back Jose and buy the players he wants or sack him and back new manager.

So basically get rid of the crap players and spend money.

Not sure this will happen, if not just more pain next season.

• Advertisement

Very honest and damming interview, correct in everything he said
    I honestly thought nights like that were behind us
    7 changes, 5 of them replaced

I think it’s time some players paid the price
    Dier
    Ali
    Winks
    Sissoko
    Aurier

Where we go from here who knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭celt262

I didn't get angry watching that muck I was expecting it to go tits up.

I didn’t expect us to win the Europa but I didn’t expect us to get knocked out tonight and certainly not to completely give up

Very sorry state of affairs

I know the players are a disgrace but Jose is yesterday’s man and should not be in charge of any rebuild.
    Harry Redknapp as caretaker would at least set these wasters up to score goals and with our attacking strengths and awful defenders we’d win more than we’d lose. We have lost 8 out of 8 since beating Woolwich in December against the top half teams we’ve faced in the epl. Let that sink in.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Can't help, like us, with big investment to bring in big revenue by doing the stadium, and suddenly no crowds at the games. Just interested so thanks for answering.

Personally I would certainly get rid of Son and if the money for Kane was crazy would let him go too. He’s out injured for a period every season and the body wear and tear will tell. We’ve seen the best of him imo.

That no manager seems capable of managing kane to the health of the club and the player is a real issue

If im honest i think we go through tonight if carlos starts instead of kane, who turned up in the box twice and spent the rest of it doing other player's jobs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Not even my optimism is able to discuss the shambles of this. Basically it means that this year is a failure and more than likely next year as cl football is not really achievable unless we have the best possible end of season run.

I have been shocked by what happened and I have to say that I am not going to try and make the best of it. We are a joke against better teams and the investment has been fruitless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Lads did anyone see Lloris's interview. He said the team used to be together but he's not sure anymore. I think he kinda said some players not pulling their weight if they don't get picked in the starting eleven.

Mourinho seemed to be saying the players or some players don't care.

I think there's something big, not in a good way, going on at the club.

Is the dressing room split, is their mutiny? Has Jose lost some of the players?

I saw the jnterview there

Getting a kicking on twitter for saying what i think of our dear captain under it too!

Its a serious interview. I believe he is offended and angry at players.

But he has never once led this team the way it needed. Always someone else had to do the vocal, the visible work.

He went through a very bad patch of form that helped seal pochs fate.

He has been glued to his line and cost us goals and our fragile defence confidence for years.

So yes the interview tonight had the right tone, and im glad he has been honest and angry, its good the fans know that from a senior player.

But do i think he will do a single thing about it tonight, tomorrow, the day after, the game after?

Nope.

An introvert morose goalkeeper as captain. Poch landed us in that because it suited him to be the balls of the team but it has imo consistently cost this team and Jose shouldve changed it.

Great keeper in his time and tbh a club legend but never the boss we needed on the pitch for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

i turned it off after 90kins. I knew what was coming.

Disgusting that pro players are allowed to pretend that they care about the jersey...

Mourinho - should be at Levys door this morning with a list of players that are to be gone befoer the start of next season
    Kane - should be at Levys door next, Sell those players or sell me.
    Son - should be at levys door, saying the same.

I thought Joses interview was (again) spot on. Its Poch part2 , and yet the manager is getting the blame.
    Lloris interview was damning. If what hes inferring is true there are players that dont give a fcuk because they arent playing regularily, and are destroying the spirit of the team. He is brave to come out (pity he wouldnt come out on the pitch :) ) and say it, because you know , the old "what happens in the dressing room"... bullsh1t

Joe hart - just proves what hugo said - puts up a pic of the score with "Job Done" typed on it...... !!

Free fall, shambles, etc etc etc etc

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

I’m glad some players are coming out and saying what we are all seeing , it’s now coming to a head, there’s are some lads there busting a gut to try to win something, two senior pros , let’s see if the others have the balls to put their head above the parapet, yes I’m talking about the England captain,

Those players now need to be banished, and either sold or contracts terminated , no place at a club for pricks like that, I’d rather see the youth team playing

Levy has now to act actually lead

• Advertisement
Advertisement