Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭celt262

I’m glad some players are coming out and saying what we are all seeing , it’s now coming to a head, there’s are some lads there busting a gut to try to win something, two senior pros , let’s see if the others have the balls to put their head above the parapet, yes I’m talking about the England captain,

Those players now need to be banished, and either sold or contracts terminated , no place at a club for pricks like that, I’d rather see the youth team playing

Levy has now to act actually lead

They have top class facilities at both the training ground and stadium you would wonder is it to comfortable for some of them and it's more like a holiday camp than hard work.

For all the faults Jose has they did the same with Poch and when Tripper left he was hinting at something seriously wrong within the club as Lloris did last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

greenspurs wrote: »
    i turned it off after 90kins. I knew what was coming.

Disgusting that pro players are allowed to pretend that they care about the jersey...

Mourinho - should be at Levys door this morning with a list of players that are to be gone befoer the start of next season
    Kane - should be at Levys door next, Sell those players or sell me.
    Son - should be at levys door, saying the same.

I thought Joses interview was (again) spot on. Its Poch part2 , and yet the manager is getting the blame.
    Lloris interview was damning. If what hes inferring is true there are players that dont give a fcuk because they arent playing regularily, and are destroying the spirit of the team. He is brave to come out (pity he wouldnt come out on the pitch :) ) and say it, because you know , the old "what happens in the dressing room"... bullsh1t

Joe hart - just proves what hugo said - puts up a pic of the score with "Job Done" typed on it...... !!

Free fall, shambles, etc etc etc etc

The fact that Joe Hart is in the squad is what I always found worrying.. No pressure on Hugo to keep his place when Joe is the back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Poch warned us, Trippier hinted at it, we can see it with our own two eyes EVERYTIME we play a game, and yet the manager (s) get the blame.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Glebee wrote: »
    The fact that Joe Hart is in the squad is what I always found worrying.. No pressure on Hugo to keep his place when Joe is the back up.

I think hart brings other things to squad, experienced pro who has won trophies and vocal

Good qualities in a squad lacking leaders

I think hart brings other things to squad, experienced pro who has won trophies and vocal

Good qualities in a squad lacking leaders

did you see his instagram post ????? :confused: :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1372825586947723264?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

maybe it was meant the other way

job done was a dig at the lads who dont give a fcuk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

greenspurs wrote:
    did you see his instagram post ?????

Wow.

Just wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,890 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

You missed nothing. Literally nothing. Hope all is well.

cheers lads all ok.
    Haven't seen the match but from reading the comments here we must have been an absolute disgrace.
    I'm delighted Jose has come out and questioned the attitude of some of our players as thats where the fault lies.
    We sack Jose, we bring in another manager, the players don't care, they have their comfortable groups and collect their comfortable wages.
    We need a clear out of the playing staff:
    sanchez
    dier
    winks
    aurier
    lloris
    joe hart
    sissoko
    all need to be gone.

There's more to add to that list as well, we've to question bales commitment, Lamela has looked half decent in the last few games, but how long has he failed for us?

Ndombele sauntering around the pitch doesn't inspire a high work rate either, don't get me wrong he's undoubtedly very skilful and strong but there's questions to be asked about his application.

I dunno, i really cant see too much positivity with this team at the moment, maybe reggie being a quality LB, hoyberg being our most committed player, we still have Kane and Son.
    Although maybe Son can come in for a bit of questioning too. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The players often don't manage their own instagram, so i wouldn't be too harsh on him for that.

He's there as we needed a homegrown keeper who would be happy on the bench...fills that role just fine.

Another thing that needs to be looked at is Joses backroom team / coaching staff. Are they actually any use?? Was Ledley brought in as a defensive coach and if so its not working out great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭celt262

Glebee wrote: »
    Another thing that needs to be looked at is Joses backroom team / coaching staff. Are they actually any use?? Was Ledley brought in as a defensive coach and if so its not working out great.

I wouldn't like his job working with that lot.

How many of them would you like to see in the squad next season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

What an absolute embarrassing shambles of a football club

Paying the price for failing to adequately re-build our 2015-2019 team and sacking the best manager we've had in my lifetime.

Some of us saw this coming years ago

Thanks Daniel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭golfball37

Joe didn’t watch the game is the story and assumed we won 3-0 is what is being said

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No, he posted this morning to say one of his media team posted it, and he was quite apologetic about it.

https://streamable.com/ovw439

He just posted an apology, mistake by one of his "social media" team ,that thought we'd won 3-0 !? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭chicorytip

tom1ie wrote: »
    cheers lads all ok.
    Haven't seen the match but from reading the comments here we must have been an absolute disgrace.
    I'm delighted Jose has come out and questioned the attitude of some of our players as thats where the fault lies.
    We sack Jose, we bring in another manager, the players don't care, they have their comfortable groups and collect their comfortable wages.
    We need a clear out of the playing staff:
    sanchez
    dier
    winks
    aurier
    lloris
    joe hart
    sissoko
    all need to be gone.

There's more to add to that list as well, we've to question bales commitment, Lamela has looked half decent in the last few games, but how long has he failed for us?

Ndombele sauntering around the pitch doesn't inspire a high work rate either, don't get me wrong he's undoubtedly very skilful and strong but there's questions to be asked about his application.

I dunno, i really cant see too much positivity with this team at the moment, maybe reggie being a quality LB, hoyberg being our most committed player, we still have Kane and Son.
    Although maybe Son can come in for a bit of questioning too. :(
    The manager has ultimate responsibility so when he (Mourinho) refers to a lack of desire and application it suggests: 1)Jose is not up to it any more and can no longer motivate and organise players like he once did 2) He realises this and is no longer motivated himself given that he has already achieved greatness as a manager and is expecting to be sacked in the near future.
    Tottenham should not lose to Dinamo Zagreb. The squad of players is of high quality. Lloris, Dier, Winks, Alli, Alderweireld are experienced internationals. Kane is a world class centre forward and Bale, if he's arsed, can still be an asset. A top six finish is essential now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,890 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

chicorytip wrote: »
    The manager has ultimate responsibility so when he (Mourinho) refers to a lack of desire and application it suggests: 1)Jose is not up to it any more and can no longer motivate and organise players like he once did 2) He realises this and is no longer motivated himself given that he has already achieved greatness as a manager and is expecting to be sacked in the near future.
    Tottenham should not lose to Dinamo Zagreb. The squad of players is of high quality. Lloris, Dier, Winks, Alli, Alderweireld are experienced internationals. Kane is a world class centre forward and Bale, if he's arsed, can still be an asset. A top six finish is essential now.

Experienced internationals or not with the exception of Toby and Kane which of those players gets into any other team looking to finish top 6 in the prem?
    Bale if he’s arsed!? If he’s not arsed he shouldn’t be near the team, that attitude is what was on show last night (again I didn’t see it but I’m surmising).

this is why we've regressed in my opinion:

That last season at WHL was a thing of beauty, 17 wins out of 19 at home and 2nd in the table.
    Since then though......

levy replaced Walker with Trippier
    levy replaced Trippier with Aurier
    levy replaced Vertongen with Shanchez
    levy replaced Dembele with N'Dombele
    levy replaced Wanyama with Sissoko
    levy replaced Rose with Davies

Every one of these was a downgrade.

Then sacking the manager you gave the sh1t replacements to.

It's no wonder we are where we are now - you can't keep a winning team evolving and improving on the cheap.

During this period we also missed out on the following due to either transfer fees or wages:
    Grealish
    Mane
    Fernandes
    Winjaldum
    Dybala
    Countinho
    Dias

I knew 2015-2017 was going to be a brief period of quality and it was fun while we had it, sadly ENIC couldn't see the path forward, or worse still, they could see it but decided against taking it. Either way they fcuked it up massively again. 1 cup in 20 years and allowing the best Spurs team in my life time fall apart to the point of ridicule. W@nkers

They're so lucky the stadiums are empty, can you imagine the abuse and number of empty seats?
    They're in for a shock when the gates re-open.

Roy Keane: “It was Tottenham at home. I thought, ‘please don’t go on about Tottenham, we all know what Tottenham are about, they are nice and tidy but we’ll f*cking do them.”

“He (Sir Alex) came in and said: ‘Lads, it’s Tottenham.’ And that was it.”

More relevant than ever after last night ... We are a laughing stock ...

No apologies from players after the NLD, no apologies after last night (bar Harts) ..... They cant even be bothered

• Advertisement

after last nights debacle im seriously done with the fcukers, until i see Levy getting rid of some of the troublemakers thats it, great chance to get to QF of Europa league and teams left are no great shakes and what do we do, bottle it again,

u know what, the other half will win it too

LOI starts back tonight so Im going following my home town club
    anyone else follow LOI

Thinking of starting if fulham dont stay up

One thing for sure this summer

The players we get rid of are more important than the players we get in

Poch let those lads grow up in the footballing world thinking that this club was lucky to have them.

Others came in and got used to a manager telling them how and when to kick a ball and are moaning now that they are ****e without that guidance.

Clear them out, gone, dont care where and dont care how much.

If i see 17 years olds starting ahead of sissoko, winks, davies between now and the end of the season then thats fine by me

I hope hojbjerg is like the ****in punisher in the training ground today- i genuinely hope he leaves bruises on the likes of alli and the above named.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭chicorytip

this is why we've regressed in my opinion:

That last season at WHL was a thing of beauty, 17 wins out of 19 at home and 2nd in the table.
    Since then though......

Then sacking the manager you gave the sh1t replacements to.

It's no wonder we are where we are now - you can't keep a winning team evolving and improving on the cheap.

During this period we also missed out on the following due to either transfer fees or wages:
    Grealish
    Mane
    Fernandes
    Winjaldum
    Dybala
    Countinho
    Dias

I knew 2015-2017 was going to be a brief period of quality and it was fun while we had it, sadly ENIC couldn't see the path forward, or worse still, they could see it but decided against taking it. Either way they fcuked it up massively again. 1 cup in 20 years and allowing the best Spurs team in my life time fall apart to the point of ridicule. W@nkers

They're so lucky the stadiums are empty, can you imagine the abuse and number of empty seats?
    They're in for a shock when the gates re-open.
    Every one of those replacements you mention would have been earmarked and sanctioned by Pochettino himself - the so-called managerial Messiah without a single trophy to his name. Levy has no direct involvement in transfer activity apart from signing the cheques.

From levy to poch to mourinho to every player there isn't man that hasnt earned millions while toeing the company line over levy doing things on the cheap when he could

If you try to absolve any manager youd be wrong imo and if you tried to put it all on any manager youd be wrong also

The manager cannot control the chairman and the manager cannot force the players to perform but look absolutely everyone in a job who has a boss and who is responsible for the performance of others knows that is not unusual!

I do think levy undermines his managers but i also think that a manager who takes the cheque signs up for that.

Levy has been great for the club off the field and has wasted pochettinos work on it and its enough to blame him for that if nothing else.

chicorytip wrote: »
    Every one of those replacements you mention would have been earmarked and sanctioned by Pochettino himself - the so-called managerial Messiah without a single trophy to his name. Levy has no direct involvement in transfer activity apart from signing the cheques.

I think you're wrong there.....

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11773831/mauricio-pochettino-im-not-in-charge-of-transfers-maybe-spurs-should-change-my-job-title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

You’ve made most of this up. Trips and Walker were at the club at the same time, as were Trips and Aurier, as were Vertonghen and Sanchez. actually the only one you could call a replacement was nDombele.

Also, all of your so called replacements were much more expensive than the players they replaced, even adjusting for inflation, which doesn’t really tally with your narrative of cheapskate Levy.

Here is a quote from Poch: “We [Levy and I] spoke about being more effective, about strategies, about how we can improve and become more competitive. About why I prefer to give homegrown kids chances rather than signing players, and the problems that can be caused by buying players you don't need.”

Expecting a huge reaction today, and I mean f**King huuuuge. Nothing less than a 3 goal winning margin and total domination. This better be the start of a string of fine wins and performances leading into the cup final. Anything else is completely unacceptable. Let's see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

It could go either way. The manager called out some or all of de team on effort and professionalism after Dinamo game.

The club captain questioned the togetherness of some of the players.

We could see a good or a bad reaction from the players, or maybe some players will be dropped from the squad.

Team news could be very interesting.

Expecting a huge reaction today, and I mean f**King huuuuge. Nothing less than a 3 goal winning margin and total domination. This better be the start of a string of fine wins and performances leading into the cup final. Anything else is completely unacceptable. Let's see.

Fcuking hell, your not asking for much from this shower:D:D

• Advertisement

Talking about must-wins and reactions we need to see is not really anything i can understand when its the fifth reaction we need this season after a full season of seeking reactions last year

And the thing about must-win games is that you dont get to not win them and then transplant the sentiment to the next one or the next one.

Not showing up against liverpool was really the last chance to have a great league season. Palace, fulham, brighton meant we couldnt really expect even a good league season (without going like unbeaten, which wasn't realistic)

Throwing the cup against evertone likewise

Last week was the europe league.

Season is over. From now until he is sacked or the season ends joses job is to not play a player again who performed like sissoko the last night

If he has to work his way down to the under 16s thats still his job.

He needs to demonstrate to levy and the fans that he doesnt accept the performances- and there have been ten or twelve already this season- from the players

If they play again after, he accepts it.

Sean dyche gets to demand effort and organisation from his entire squad.

Half our fanbase lose the head when our manager asks it.

Theres no more must wins and no more big games, now its about how much jose actually wants the rats out of the club.

Thats that, thats the season. There are no more must win games.

(not to criticise anyone elses reactions either lads- thread gets very policing of the different opinions when things are tough but i think its a lot better we all have somewhere sympathetic to vent!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Talking about must-wins and reactions we need to see is not really anything i can understand when its the fifth reaction we need this season after a full season of seeking reactions last year

And the thing about must-win games is that you dont get to not win them and then transplant the sentiment to the next one or the next one.

Not showing up against liverpool was really the last chance to have a great league season. Palace, fulham, brighton meant we couldnt really expect even a good league season (without going like unbeaten, which wasn't realistic)

Throwing the cup against evertone likewise

Last week was the europe league.

Season is over. From now until he is sacked or the season ends joses job is to not play a player again who performed like sissoko the last night

If he has to work his way down to the under 16s thats still his job.

He needs to demonstrate to levy and the fans that he doesnt accept the performances- and there have been ten or twelve already this season- from the players

If they play again after, he accepts it.

Sean dyche gets to demand effort and organisation from his entire squad.

Half our fanbase lose the head when our manager asks it.

Theres no more must wins and no more big games, now its about how much jose actually wants the rats out of the club.

Thats that, thats the season. There are no more must win games.

I agree on dropping players who are under performing or causing trouble. Jose's comments demands that he drops players.

If not he looks weak.

If he believes some of them players were unprofessional and lacking in effort, surely he can't name them in the squad for today?

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    I agree on dropping players who are under performing or causing trouble. Jose's comments demands that he drops players.

If not he looks weak.

If he believes some of them players were unprofessional and lacking in effort, surely he can't name them in the squad for today?

Thats where im at

For many of these lads these were not isolated performances, and worse again they are deliberate shows of unhappiness with not getting picked, its not injury its not health or anything.

Poch absolutely ripped through half his squad after a fairly patchy start. People forget that, they act like he cuddled a group of no hopers into world beaters.

He showed lads that effort, execution and team first attitude mattered to him, and those that followed looked like worldbeaters.

The same worldbeaters got sick of the effort and the team-first and hung him, and are hanging jose.

Rats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

West Ham 3-0 up against Arsenal after 35 minutes. Like I said last weekend, the Gunners are shockingly fragile and will crumble under any assertive pressure. Makes our tactics against them seem all the more criminal.

Equium wrote: »
    West Ham 3-0 up against Arsenal after 35 minutes. Like I said last weekend, the Gunners are shockingly fragile and will crumble under any assertive pressure. Makes our tactics against them seem all the more criminal.

We havent faced a single team this year our players should have feared- not one

And im past blaming "tactics" for performance, weve all seen jose out there begging them to push up

Its the effort getting back and the execution on the ball thats been criminal, not tactics imo

Ormus wrote: »
    You’ve made most of this up. Trips and Walker were at the club at the same time, as were Trips and Aurier, as were Vertonghen and Sanchez. actually the only one you could call a replacement was nDombele.

Also, all of your so called replacements were much more expensive than the players they replaced, even adjusting for inflation, which doesn’t really tally with your narrative of cheapskate Levy.

they were all replacements, whether they were brought in before or after.
    Sanchez for example was a replacement for Verts, he joined before Verts left but was supposed to be Verts long term replacement.
    But that of course is not the point.

The point is the quality of the team we had in 2016-17 has been nearly totally eroded by replacing players with poorer quality in every signing we have made since.

And the blame can only be on ENIC as they are responsible for our transfer policy and how much we offer in transfer fees and wages.

The players they signed reflect their lack of ambition for the team.
    Look at Liverpool after the CL final in 2018, They clearly needed to address 2 critical positions, the owners backed the manager and the job was done, European and English champions was the result.

That could have been us, we were a better team than them back than and we were on the verge of something big in summer 2017, but ENIC didn't have the ambition.

I feel sorry for anyone that can't see this.
    Although you may be better off living in that bubble, Ignorance is bliss as they say.

Rumours are , Vinny, Gio, rondon, tanaga, all starting

Winks and sissoko dropped entirely

I say fair fcuking play to you Jose

Say what you like but at least the goons are fighting for their manager,

Youth is the way forward , not over inflated or over paid cowards

• Advertisement

they were all replacements, whether they were brought in before or after.
    Sanchez for example was a replacement for Verts, he joined before Verts left but was supposed to be Verts long term replacement.
    But that of course is not the point.

The point is the quality of the team we had in 2016-17 has been nearly totally eroded by replacing players with poorer quality in every signing we have made since.

And the blame can only be on ENIC as they are responsible for our transfer policy and how much we offer in transfer fees and wages.

The players they signed reflect their lack of ambition for the team.
    Look at Liverpool after the CL final in 2018, They clearly needed to address 2 critical positions, the owners backed the manager and the job was done, European and English champions was the result.

That could have been us, we were a better team than them back than and we were on the verge of something big in summer 2017, but ENIC didn't have the ambition.

I feel sorry for anyone that can't see this.
    Although you may be better off living in that bubble, Ignorance is bliss as they say.

Nope, Trippier, Sissoko and Davies were all bought to add to the squad, not to replace players who did not leave.

As I say all the replacements were more expensive, the fact that they weren’t as good is pretty damning for our scouting and recruitment team, but doesn’t show lack of ambition.

Yep, we could have been Liverpool if we’d signed better players. Every other club could say the same thing. It’s a massive if.

Interesting to see what team Jose puts out alright.

Winks and Sissoko. Hardly ground shaking.

He should drop Dier, Davies, Aurier, Sanchez, Doherty, winks, Sissoko, Alli, Ndombele, Bale and Son.

... I'd drop Lloris too (for been sh>te) but Hart is not a suitable replacement.

Lloris

Tanganga, Rondon, Alderweireld Reguilon.

Moura, Hojbjerg, leCelso, lamela

Kane, Big Vinny

Edit, Berjwin for the suspended Lamela

Interesting to see if toby starts

Not had a perfect season (who could surrounded by what he has been) but by streets our best centre half and i think hes been very harshly treated meself, as well as the centre looking shakey and nervy without him

Toby and aurier rumoured to be out sick

Devine and Scarlett apparently on the bench

Only shock I see is bale rumours to be dropped

Bale was rotten off the ball the last night and poor on it and no reason he should keep his place other than lack of competition tbh

Hope vinny stays up front and makes a nuisance of himself

Kanes wanderings the past while have not helped the team absorb pressure or keep shape

Toby and aurier out ill but in the case of the later it shouldnt have made a difference, rotten the last night too

Dier and sissoko on the bench aaarrrr, mind you Toby out and dier still dropped is a kick in the goodies

Winks banished- thank fcuk and I hope I never see him in a Spurs shirt again

Doherty banished, looks like his short spurs career is over

Great to see vini get a run

Nice to see Gio back

• Advertisement

Winks and Sissoko. Hardly ground shaking.

He should drop Dier, Davies, Aurier, Sanchez, Doherty, winks, Sissoko, Alli, Ndombele, Bale and Son.

... I'd drop Lloris too (for been sh>te) but Hart is not a suitable replacement.

Lloris

Tanganga, Rondon, Alderweireld Reguilon.

Moura, Hojbjerg, leCelso, lamela

Kane, Big Vinny

Edit, Berjwin for the suspended Lamela

You were close, good guess.

Advertisement