Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭joeguevara

WBA win 5-2 against Chelsea. Is beyond belief. It has opened up 4th place to so many teams including the lily whites. Im not saying that we will beat Newcastle but we are back in the hunt.

Btw i am saying that we are going to beat Newcastle. Actually im saying that we are going to win 5-1. We are going to qualify for CL and win a cup.

Here's a little story, of how it all began, we fcucked the UEFA, but Chelsea put us back again.

Allez Allez Allez Allez

https://youtu.be/xl7_pm3nNNc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Nice result for us in that game alright, and their goal difference took a bit of a hit as well. Could be a very good day depending on results later. Of course none of that matters if we don't do the business ourselves. Great to have Lo Celso back... I've a feeling he could be a big player for us over the coming months.

Reports that levy has already decided that jose stays regardless of cups or top four this season

I dont think hes perfect at all for the role but i do think that a change again would be a bigger blow than carrying on

Im hoping its a commitment to turning over the more rotten elements of that squad also- while we are overpaying jose id like to see his take-no-sh1t approach backed and at least leave a quality, driven squad (or at least a thinned-out one) for the next guy

Such a decision almost certainly means kane stays also, its a gamble that a re-opened stadium and standing behind jose leads to a better season so youd imagine its of a piece with son, kane staying put.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Win tomorrow, back in 4th crazy season

If they can't get a result against this Newcastle team then we don't deserve CL.

• Advertisement

If they can't get a result against this Newcastle team then we don't deserve CL.

You know how this ends don’t you 😬

Davies said Doherty are out and rodon deserves to start based on form. Son is fit and should start with kane. Moura is on fire so he is in, imo. The only unknown is lo celso or bale. Lo celso has a higher work rate so is the more likely. Bale is my choice but it's dependent on training. Newcastle are a team that has been tough but it is our time to shine. Going for a romp and kane hatrrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

A win of any description is key today. Think he will stick with Sanchez, Tanganga, Reggie and Rodon at the back, Son to come back in, Lo Celso to drop out. In this mad season nothing would surprise me but we owe them one after the earlier game with them and they are a poor side but when has that stopped us dropping points before?? Going for a 3-1 win. COYS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭golfball37

Easter Sunday brings me back. I remember watching us completely dominate a brilliant Liverpool team in late 80s lead at half time and lose 2-1. Think Terry Fenwick scored a penalty for us. I just remember thinking at time that it was weird there was live soccer on itv on Easter Sunday.
    How times have changed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

"Lads, it's spurs"

Which in this scenario roughly translates to us having the perfect opportunity to go 4th therefore we will inevitably c0ck it up in some spursey fashion.

On a side note, Son should absolutely NOT come back into the side. He was a disgrace in the NLD and the EL a few days later. He's been poor for ages.
    Lamela has served his suspension and deserves to start ahead of Son.

• Advertisement

Son on bench and viniscius starts. Happy enough with that. Actually love viniscius.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Lloris, Reguilon, Tanganga, Sanchez, Rodon, Hojberg, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Moura, Vinicius, Kane

Neither Son nor Lamela start...everyone happy? :pac:

Like the look of that.

Kiith wrote: »
    Neither Son nor Lamela start...everyone happy? :pac:

Yeah. Unchanged from Villa. That's the right call.

Apart from Sanchez can’t argue with that. As bad as he is I’d have him ahead of Dier all the same.

Love this selection, nothing against toby but we do need to be looking at the future and he was ill pre international travel so i think the signs are there that jose is moving him on

Scarlett on the bench!

Mourinho is turning the squad over and i love it

Wasteful in attack but gaps are there

We look gettable on the break

Very much an old style spurs approach, im enjoying it more than the packed ranks i must say

UNBELIEVABLE saves Hugo

Awful chance to give up tho

Have allowed them in to this game

Like watching a game from ten years ago this

Sanchez with ridiculous play and gets away with it

Sanchez expirement needs to end
    Poor lad is clueless

He is making Marcus Gayle look world class

• Advertisement

Ref had let a few go their way and we have started to drop off a bit. Neither unusual and neither welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Sanchez again, WTF

Disgraceful from tanganga and sanchez there

Nice one, all square again. Lucky but will take it!

There was a bet a mulled over this morning. Joelinton to score first, Newcastle win and Hojberg sent off. 500/1
    Get in not behind long

Kane tho

Back to Sanchez- he has been in or around the ball about seven times in this game and has made minimum five basic errors

The decision making is bewildering

SuprSi wrote: »
    Sanchez again, WTF

Total bloody donkey, and that’s being kind
    I mean joelington FFS

Shelvey always scares me. Lascelles is the player who has been bogey for us but when i saw joelinton on the team sheet I had a bad feeling but like clockwork

https://youtu.be/tcYAd0Yk_6E

• Advertisement

Boom! Harry Kane again, superb stuff

What a finish jesus

What a finish jesus

He prefers harry

They are there for the taking here. We need to learn from home game and ram it home. Can’t handle a second half where we are sitting back again.

Seriously that run, touch, finish is unbelievable. Hes made that look matter of fact.

• Advertisement

I mean, he probably should have squared it to Vinni but when you can finish like that!

Ndombele has been excellent in attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

Newcastle are rattled now, got to put this away before half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Kane is absolutely sensational.
    Blessed to have him.

golfball37 wrote: »
    They are there for the taking here. We need to learn from home game and ram it home. Can’t handle a second half where we are sitting back again.

Yep. Worrying signs since the second. We are giving them the initiative again. So frustrating.

Lovely pass by Ndombele for the second.

I swear if our defenders just stopped taking stupid risks when the ball was coming to them we'd be second and chilling out already

How can this not be sorted

• Advertisement

Sanchez is poison.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Davies said Doherty are out and rodon deserves to start based on form. Son is fit and should start with kane. Moura is on fire so he is in, imo. The only unknown is lo celso or bale. Lo celso has a higher work rate so is the more likely. Bale is my choice but it's dependent on training. Newcastle are a team that has been tough but it is our time to shine. Going for a romp and kane hatrrick.

Im beginning to feel bad about bif giving me the almanac a few years ago.
    https://youtu.be/l9c1k_m6POA

Have to say that when our defenders do lump it (like they should) our midfield never seem to get to it.

So if the midfield arent coming short and arent chasing long then they are also part of the problem imo

Loris has to take the credit for his world class saves to keep us in the game. Now just blitz them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭celt262

Defence is all over the place.

So Newcastle have had more shots today than any other game since July 2020

And guess who they played in July 2020, yes Spurs

Is Toby on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Sanchez and Rodon are both making each other nervous. Trying to play the passes they are isn't helping either. They clearly both need a calm head beside them. Definitely another goal here for Newcastle if they want.

NDombele has been class and seems to know where Lo Celso is at all times which helps. Think Vinny has been excellent as well considering he's living off scraps.

Kane's second was a thing of beauty from all involved. Even Hojbjergs pass to find NDombele was pure class

Took six seconds of the restart for sanchez to head a clearance to one of their lads under zero pressure

Lads this ref is an actual disgrace tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

Sanchez is sh1te. Always was and always will be. No amout of coaching will change this. He must pinch himself everyday when he wakes up to see is he dreaming about being a premier league centre half.

• Advertisement
Advertisement