Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,787 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Glebee wrote: »
    Sanchez is sh1te. Always was and always will be. No amout of coaching will change this. He must pinch himself everyday when he wakes up to see is he dreaming about being a premier league centre half.

This has to be priority no1 in the summer.
    We need a new CB or were at nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

There must be a better option than sanchez at the club. Just look at that last clearance. No thought just a massive hoof up in the air under very little pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

Why can't Spurs just take the ball down and pass it? They seem hopeless, or hopelessly scared, in possession.

Nobody makes any movement to open up space or to receive the ball in midfield. It's all painfully static.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Yikes, that was close!

Newastle are going to pinch one..

Absolutely horrible since

I can't believe the decisions our defenders make, and the midfield is taking the day off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Same ****e different day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

So Newcastle have had more shots today than any other game since July 2020

And guess who they played in July 2020, yes Spurs

Is Toby on the bench

https://youtu.be/mk87a7r0V60

Ref still a disgrace

We have missed tackle and clearance after tackle and clearance too, no honest strength in challenges

• Advertisement

Should have passed to son there

Flipping hell!

And there it is

Unbelievable

We could go on to lose this now.

Tanganga absolutely nowhere near his wing and the centre halves just ran into random, nothing positions

Awful, awful goal from an awful, awful defensive unit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Tanaga , ur fcuking right back, Mark the man and stop the cross

Fcuking donkeys

Thats just a load of bollo...

Did.........Sanchez clear out Rodon there?
    I’ve imagined that haven’t I?

It’s beyond acceptable how many times this has happened against an inferior team this season. No ambition when leading is not Tottenham, in fact with our defence it should be the only tactic.

tom1ie wrote: »
    Did.........Sanchez clear out Rodon there?
    I’ve imagined that haven’t I?

The two of them moving at random, it really doesnt matter tbh whether they run into each other or not- they dont mark and they dont track, theyre absolutely tasked with nothing when the ball is crossed.

Our centre halves leave everything to everyone else and the coaches and managers allow it to happen

Been going on years.

• Advertisement

Fcuking donkeys

At it again there

He hasnt done his job today

Deja vu, all over again.

Good point Spurs. FFS. Full strength and we cant beat Newcastle. Forget about these lads.

Full backs tucking in to the post is such a stupid approach, yet we do it again and again

Means a free cross every time and a ball to the back post finds their centre forward marked by a player not able for him

So why has it been a feature of our conceded goals for almost a decade?

This club is institutionally stupid about defending

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Missed the game, thankfully. Highlights made it look like we were lucky to get a point in the end. Typical Spurs tbh.

You could throw two jerseys into the tide and they would move with more intelligence and purpose than spurs centre halves under a cross

Sickening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Was big Vinnie carrying a knock? Because if that was a tactical change to bring on Son, it was a terrible one.

He wasnt doing much himself

Lo celso and ndombele had a few highlights reels moments but did little dirty work today and were missing for large parts of it

Defence shocking but we were getting dominated from way back the field after the first twenty minutes

Kane and hojbjerg tried and rodon and Hugo saved us a few times before it became inevitable

Everyone else rotten

We've dropped 13 points in the last 15 minutes of games this season. That is an absolutely shocking stat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

@juliette_grace
    "In the past, holding on to a lead is what you've been so good at doing"

🗣 Jose Mourinho: "Same coach, different players

• Advertisement

I know people like lamela and to be fair he gives his all but Christ
    Pass to son and he was clean tru, game over
    What does he do, delays gets tackled ball ends up at Kane by accident and he hits the post

Last attack , tries his drunk chicken impression to beat 3 players , loses ball and we nearly get caught on break

I think rodon has making of a good player but being played with Sanchez is no helping him , I see mourhino excuse for not picking Toby has been called out
    Wonder what’s going on there

I think rodon has making of a good player but being played with Sanchez is no helping him , I see mourhino excuse for not picking Toby has been called out Wonder what’s going on there

Yeah, Toby needs to be in there soon otherwise Rondons form/confidence will suffer and then we'll have 3 basketcase central defenders.

Kiith wrote: »
    We've dropped 13 points in the last 15 minutes of games this season. That is an absolutely shocking stat.

11 points from the 85th minute onwards. A joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭celt262

golfball37 wrote: »
    11 points from the 85th minute onwards. A joke

Small margins, a bit of competent defending and we could be sitting in second!

celt262 wrote: »
    Small margins, a bit of competent defending and we could be sitting in second!

Small margins ? If it happens twice I’d agree with you, but a refusal to attack when ahead you get what you deserve. Palace, Wolves, Newcastle x2 a goal up in all of them and sat back waiting for an equalizer. That’s before we get into the almighty horror shows in Brighton, Belgrade to name but two.

Am sick of them, sick to death of them. They are not unlucky they are mental midgets and tactically set up disgracefully to boot

We have 9 league matches left, a possible 27 points and would need maximum or near maximum to achieve top 4 including beating Leicester on the final day.

Wrote this after the villa result when top finish was been discussed 2 weeks ago.... One solidarity game later and we are already off the pace.
    "Lads, it's spurs"
    Which in this scenario roughly translates to us having the perfect opportunity to go 4th therefore we will inevitably c0ck it up in some spursey fashion.

On the money here though. Been let down by spurs is getting so predictable these days

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Only saw snippets of the game, equaliser seemed inevitable from the bits I saw you could almost sense the nervousness in the defence any time they got near our penalty area. Can't see Kane hanging around next season unless its the case that nobody can afford to sign him. To be dominated for long parts, from what I read, by a team like Newcastle says it all really. Some of the players are definitely lacking but Jose has to shoulder some and possibly a lot of the blame IMO. When was the last time we dominated a game in midfield, most recent games we have been totally overrun in midfield.

I'd say relegation teams absolutely love playing us. When else do teams give them a chance to run rampant, and actually control the game. With our shambolic defence, i'd imagine its great fun for their midfield/attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭celt262

Wrote this after the villa result when top finish was been discussed 2 weeks ago.... One solidarity game later and we are already off the pace.

On the money here though. Been let down by spurs is getting so predictable these days

I would replace days with years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

It's hard to know what to say about Spurs. We all knew Newcastle were going to get the equaliser yesterday.

If I could ask Mourinho a question today, I would ask him why is he playing Sanchez? It's an overused saying I know but he really is a headless chicken.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    It's hard to know what to say about Spurs. We all knew Newcastle were going to get the equaliser yesterday.

If I could ask Mourinho a question today, I would ask him why is he playing Sanchez? It's an overused saying I know but he really is a headless chicken.

What is the story with Toby? Is he injured or has there been a falling out or something?
    Jose really needs to be playing Toby plus rodon for the rest of the season. Go with reggie LB and aurier RB.
    Have tanganga as backup CB cause he’s no RB anyway.

Doesn't make any sense to me. Hes our best defender and our best defensive leader and if rodon performs at yesterdays level or even close to it then its not actually even a decision, its toby and rodon, reguilon when fit

I dont care who we play at rb theyre all negligent or incapable, but three settled decent players would at least give us a shot

Doesn't make any sense to me. Hes our best defender and our best defensive leader and if rodon performs at yesterdays level or even close to it then its not actually even a decision, its toby and rodon, reguilon when fit

I dont care who we play at rb theyre all negligent or incapable, but three settled decent players would at least give us a shot

Spot on.
    Wtf has Toby done on Jose?
    Or what has Jose perceived he has done?

tom1ie wrote: »
    Spot on.
    Wtf has Toby done on Jose?
    Or what has Jose perceived he has done?

One does get the impression that Jose is the type of person who bears grudges. He comes across as a miserable sod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

abff wrote: »
    One does get the impression that Jose is the type of person who bears grudges. He comes across as a miserable sod.
    He said Aurier and Toby came back late from internationals, couldn't get covid tests so could not be part of the squad.

• Advertisement

jobeenfitz wrote:
    He said Aurier and Toby came back late from internationals, couldn't get covid tests so could not be part of the squad.

He did indeed say this but lamela posted photos of training on his instagram on Friday and Toby was in the group training, so that's BS. (allegedly)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Total bloody donkey, and that’s being kind
    I mean joelington FFS

Fcuking donkeys

I got banned on twitter for calling Sanchez that !? :confused::confused:

Truth fcuking hurts ....

We were dire again.
    nuff said. :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Jesus Lads, we've fallen so far since the heddy days of that last season at WHL
    We were the 2nd best team in the league back then, 17/19 home wins.
    Although we got 2 more top 4 finishes after that and a CL final, the overall quality was lower than that 16-17 season.
    We've been on the slide for 3 or 4 years and now we're pretty much a laughing stock now.

I accept that great teams can't stay together forever but every player brought in since 2017 has been a downgrade on the player we had in their position in 2016-17. Great clubs recycle their teams, evolve and maintain the high standards. Why does the club keep getting recruitment so wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Jose is trying to be a smart arse as per usual, the whole Toby not being back in time will backfire on him. At this point I suspect he has lost the trust of most of the players. And accepting that some of the players have seriously under performed and need to be got rid of, I think Jose's lack of clarity on who his best team is has cost us dearly. It is now clear, for example, that Toby and Rodon should be his starting CB's. But that is only because he has started to play Rodon in the last few matches (and he has probably done that reluctantly). He has treated them both disgracefully to this point especially when you consider the performances that Dier and Sanchez have put in over the last few months. I know it will cost money to get rid of him but in the long run the sooner he goes the better, IMO.

Lad GAGA wrote: »
    Jose is trying to be a smart arse as per usual, the whole Toby not being back in time will backfire on him. At this point I suspect he has lost the trust of most of the players. And accepting that some of the players have seriously under performed and need to be got rid of, I think Jose's lack of clarity on who his best team is has cost us dearly. It is now clear, for example, that Toby and Rodon should be his starting CB's. But that is only because he has started to play Rodon in the last few matches (and he has probably done that reluctantly). He has treated them both disgracefully to this point especially when you consider the performances that Dier and Sanchez have put in over the last few months. I know it will cost money to get rid of him but in the long run the sooner he goes the better, IMO.

if they get rid so be it, but there is also min 5 players who need to go too
    Ali, Winks, Sissoko, Dier, Doherty

if they get rid and then keep the above players for another manager then to hell with them, the above lads are not good enough no matter who is in charge

and who do we get instead, to my mind there is only 2 candidates , Allegri or Nagelsman, everthing else is a waste of time

I watched palace v Everton yesterday and Zaha terrorized them, strong, fast, skillfull,

I watched Wolves V West Ham, my god wolves defence was worse than ours and then you look at the west ham team and u think, how the hell are these boys in top 4

• Advertisement
Advertisement