Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Aurier's best bit of defending in a Spurs shirt

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Aurier's best bit of defending in a Spurs shirt

Id imagine he was off!

Very very easy, beautifully taken

Sissoko just awful to give it away a minute before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

Always coming.:(

Dier, tbh

Why he is ahead of cavani and losing him is just completely incomprehensible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

That was incoming :o

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Meh, the moment Spurs scored first I just knew towards the end of the game they were going to be behind.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Shocking defence again. Cavani has gotten away from our defenders constantly today.

No surprise though. Zero chance we weren't going to concede at the end of the game again. We always do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

That was a beautifully worked goal but just static defending again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

They could have easily stepped up to put Cavani offside.

Giving the ball away for no reason from sissoko, no pressure on the cross or play on our left and dier absolutely uninterested in staying where he can see cavani

Great cross, great header, well deserved but we have to get a few things wrong in a row for it yo happen

Again, teams cannot believe how simple it can be to get big chances against us

Peter File wrote: »
    They could have easily stepped up to put Cavani offside.

That would have required thought and planning.

You could be optimistic and say we are one centre half from a radical improvement

Personally i feel so many players switch off so often around defensive basics that prime maldini could slot in and look like a clown within three matches

Good defence is on the individuals in the moment and we have too many who don't keep engaged for ninety minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

It's like Groundhog Day at this stage. Take the lead, don't win.

Hard to know who to blame. Defenders who constantly make mistakes, or the tactics that seem to tell us to rely so heavily on those defenders to not make mistakes.

Little from column A, little from B i suppose.

Either way, we're ****e.

• Advertisement

You could be optimistic and say we are one centre half from a radical improvement

Personally i feel so many players switch off so often around defensive basics that prime maldini could slot in and look like a clown within three matches

Good defence is on the individuals in the moment and we have too many who don't keep engaged for ninety minutes

What is Ledley doing with them?.
    Is he just there for Pr

93rd minute, attacking position, ball goes to Sissoko and he turns around and passes backwards.

**** SAKE! :mad

3:1 loris poor like the defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Ah Jayus :o

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Well, that was sh1te.

• Advertisement

Lloris weak but the chance was a good one, too easily given up

Neville is raving about united, i think they are no great shakes, just like arsenal, liverpool when they beat us.

We make it easy

Sissoko and dier are the difference between possibly holding on for a win here and a two goal loss, they simply have to go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Kiith wrote: »
    93rd minute, attacking position, ball goes to Sissoko and he turns around and passes backwards.

**** SAKE! :mad

That’s on the manager
    Need a goal
    Leave Bale on bench,
    Put on sissoko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Negative substitutions once again and tactics are on the manager. He should have been sacked months ago and an attacking minded temp manager would have us at least 6-8 points better off now.
    Of course the players are rubbish but they can be set up in a way that ensures they are utilised fully. Jose ball doesn’t do this - he has to go and should be long gone.

Lloris weak but the chance was a good one, too easily given up

Neville is raving about united, i think they are no great shakes, just like arsenal, liverpool when they beat us.

We make it easy

Sissoko and dier are the difference between possibly holding on for a win here and a two goal loss, they simply have to go

Loris is living on his reputation. He is a liability now.

I know Jose's tactics take a kicking but too many of our attackers struggle to retain the ball and we get killed on the break

Its not too much to ask to mark like you're awake, stay tidy and hit them on the break (and it worked well today until their second)

Central defenders that dont mark their man make tactics an utter irrelevance imo

Joses biggest sin is still picking some of these lads

Pochs big revolution at the start was making it clear that players were finished at the club and simply never picking them again.

Dier, sissoko, winks, dele, davies, doherty should never kick a ball again for a game that matters for spurs, theres just no argument for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

I think the main problem is Mourinho. Or maybe it’s Levy? Hard to be a Spurs fan right now. I’ve supported Tottenham since the mid 1960s and this is the most disappointed I’ve felt over that entire period.

We had a chance to build something great. But we threw it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Didn’t see the full game but very very frustrating afternoon. The manager needs to go along with a lot of the players and time to rebuild.

We're in a bad position. Too many players who are simply not good enough, and others not playing to their potential. Then compounded by poor tactics and team selection. Finally if Jose does go, so do Son and Kane (at the very least). Neither will be willing to go through another "rebuild".

Either way, its probably going to be a frustrating year or two.

Certainly there is no simple fix.

I dont want to defend jose on 15m a year either- if he picks toby and rodon today (like everyone thinks he should) then two goals that were allowed dont happen and the disallowed one doesn't either.

And nobody is coaching the defence, not with any effect. Thats on the coach.

Richards is so right here.

Just having defenders back is not defending. Individuals standing around, switched off, at the back are not defending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,787 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

So if that’s top 4 gone then I suppose that means Kane’s gone.

We can survive without Harry Kane. We’ve sold far better players and improved over the years. A complete surgery is needed if Kane is sold so be it. As long as the money is good I wouldn’t mind too much, would prefer he stayed all the same. Son- couldn’t care less.

Those stats on the amount of points lost in the last 10 mins (18) on sky sports there are absolutely shocking

golfball37 wrote: »
    We can survive without Harry Kane. We’ve sold far better players and improved over the years. A complete surgery is needed if Kane is sold so be it. As long as the money is good I wouldn’t mind too much, would prefer he stayed all the same. Son- couldn’t care less.

? He’s the best striker in world football at the minute!

Kane is gone. No way he's staying for this lark. Take the money and move on. Although the market will probably be screwed after vivid though, so I would not let him go for anything but too dollor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Everything feels a bit 'meh'

Players out, players in
    Deadwood out, deadwood in
    Mangers out, managers in.

I'm not convinced any of it would make much difference.

What i cannot shake is that if i or anyone here had been subbed in ahead of sissoko we draw that game

I wont cry if jose goes but the players given to our coaches are not top 4 standard and harry kane cannot defend leads by himself

Pretty ****ing rich of Ole giving out about players going down easily.

Look, i dont as a rule go in for reading other teams thread during a game, and if its not kosher for me to comment pls delete but for the current team led by bruno fernandes' shameless behaviour and refs absolutely desperate to fling penalties at them for the past two seasons i was actually embarrassed at some of the comments today

No more than liverpool fans with salah saying it to anyone about diving, a little self awareness goes a long way sometimes

• Advertisement

What I cant understand is why Utd think todays win was a massive result for them:confused::confused: We are a shambles..:(

Well sky have been pumping this idea since liverpool disposed of us that shambles of a night some months back

i struggle to think of a team id rather face if my own club was in a bad run, we just manufacture disaster and give ourselves no chance

Like- i thought we had several positives today, but at no time did i think dier wouldnt cost us the points tbh and likewise once their midfield started strolling through us i didnt see any way the fellas we put out on the pitch stopping it happening

The only thing at all noteable about this is we are somehow not in the 12th to 15 spots because we are as bad as a team with harry kane in it could be and have been for months

Have we avoided defeat against a top half team in 2021? Genuine question. Actually we beat Villa but have lost to everyone else we’ve played since the Anfield collapse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

golfball37 wrote: »

Far better players? Kane is Spurs best ever player IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Glebee wrote: »
    What I cant understand is why Utd think todays win was a massive result for them:confused::confused: We are a shambles..:(

Back from Europe Friday morning. No proper training session.
    1-0 down at half time.
    Rashford not fully fit.
    Massive frustration after disallowed goal with players on a yellow.
    Comeback to win 3-1 against a side who had chance of top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Beaten by a better team.

I don’t know where this group goes from here. We’ve loads of sh1te on long term contracts and our best footballer will probably leave, and that’s before I even mention the mgr.

It’s a long way back.

**** it, have a few beers and leave them at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

abff wrote: »
    I think the main problem is Mourinho. Or maybe it’s Levy? Hard to be a Spurs fan right now. I’ve supported Tottenham since the mid 1960s and this is the most disappointed I’ve felt over that entire period.

We had a chance to build something great. But we threw it away.

they certainly did, losers mentality, 20 years of these clowns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Enic Out.

Kane is gone, and did you see Sonnys interview with Spurs channel after the game?
    We have broken him ......

"There used to be a football club over there"

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

This morning im

Selected players, lack of effort, performance, decisions, responsibility. Total lack of leaders on the pitch they all want a daddy to do it for them: 50%

Jose tactics, lack of motivating, lack of coaching mistakes, selection problems: 50%

Levy: Unideal selection of manager for our players, multi-year sabotaging of signings, far too much involvement in media/discussion for the club, blocking of clearing out problem players: 50%

Note on marking: we can go over 100% blame in total imo because any one or two of the above entities could make up for imperfections in any one or two of the others but they havent so **** em

Im gonna say that not even levy would sack a manager he fanboyed for and paid twice the going rate for in the week of a cup final where we are only a few places off our actual stated aim

It now becomes very interesting as to how mourinho treats this borrowed time. His record suggests he'll do maximum damage to the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Kiith wrote: »
    Pretty ****ing rich of Ole giving out about players going down easily.

All clubs have players who do it. All managers mention it when opponents do it. Son exaggerated it more with the down for ages needs medical attention etc etc but I could see Rashford Cavani Fred etc do similar.

It's in the game, both re players and management.

• Advertisement
Advertisement