Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

a right back who could defend and cross, a sitting midfielder who could distribute the ball reliably, this team would be well on the way lads

its nice that we got one lucky and two good goals on the break

but the passing and one-on-one defending are still not good

the stats from this game are rotten

and im not at all convinced that without that lucky opener we'd have much to celebrate here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

a right back who could defend and cross, a sitting midfielder who could distribute the ball reliably, this team would be well on the way lads

Utd fan so cheers for the great performance so far!��

As regards needing a defensive midfielder are ye disappointed in how Ndombele has performed this Season?..........He built his reputation as an all action midfielder and personally I was kinda hoping Man Utd would be in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,890 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Agreed, but I’d add a centre half to that shopping list, as I think Sanchez isn’t improving enough. I think he’s been dodgy enough for a while now.

re: ndombele

hes split the fanbase fight up the middle, but to answer the question specifically i don't think anyone had him down as the base/protector midfielder and it would have been a very specific role for him given his skillset (tricky, driving runs and final pass)

under poch, if hed played and everyone else had performed, who knows who would have sat behind him?

all academic now. dont expect him to be around to be around next season to see how jose would use him either (at a guess- he wouldnt. jose wont pick fat, lazy players in midfield)

tom1ie wrote: »
    Agreed, but I’d add a centre half to that shopping list, as I think Sanchez isn’t improving enough. I think he’s been dodgy enough for a while now.

after today i couldnt quibble tho im a fan generally.

left back needs a look also, davies ok if we nick one early and he gets to face his man all game but far too slow if we need to create/chase a game, both in attack and in getting back whe. we are countered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Some cracking saves by loris. Great win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

tom1ie wrote: »

Sanchez has never been good enough imo. cant depende on him, liable to do anything.

Id say Roy Keanes head is after exploding after that second De Gea howler... arsenal will beat chelsea in FA cup final

It's funny because for a number of seasons he was playing out of his skin. They were terrified he'd leave. Now he makes blunder after blunder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Glebee wrote: »
    Arsenal will beat chelsea in FA cup final

if they do..they will get be one of the three clubs that go into the group stages of the Europa League.

5th in league ( Possibly Leicester ) go into the group stages of the Europa League proper.

6th place in the league would go into the second qualifying round.

7th would see us not qualify for Europa League

If Chelsea win the FA cup and we get 6th place in the league we would go into the group stages of the Europa League proper.

7th place would see us go into second qualifying round of the Europa League

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

God bless Harry Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Aurier is shockingly bad...
    Whatever about his family issues, that not any excuse, He caused the goal at Newcastle, and luckily for us Hugo was able to cover him yesterday.
    Hes a donkey ! Hes always been a headless chicken while defending, but now he cant even cross when attacking, so offers nothing!

Good sensible game management in the 2nd half. Not pretty, but effective.

Jamie RedCrapp and Jermaine Jenass saying that Jose is lucky that there are no supporters in the stands to watch that type of football....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Just a thought that popped into my head yesterday .

Are we playing 'better' - winning games, because Alli is out ?
    Or is it because Moura has stepped up, or because Joses tactics are being implemented now, the players are getting used to them?

Time to cash in on him to fund a 'hard rebuild' ?

greenspurs wrote: »

Or is it because Moura has stepped up, or because Joses tactics are being implemented now, the players are getting used to them?

When Jose arrived, Delle had a great few games. Since then has been anonymous. Moura really has been good but the reason we are winning now is Kane is playing much better. Jose tactics are working too and I see the defence as much better (eric dier suspension a blessing) with I thing equal amount of clean sheets in last 5 games as the previous 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

joeguevara wrote: »
    When Jose arrived, Delle had a great few games. Since then has been anonymous. Moura really has been good but the reason we are winning now is Kane is playing much better. Jose tactics are working too and I see the defence as much better (eric dier suspension a blessing) with I thing equal amount of clean sheets in last 5 games as the previous 30.

I thought Dier was our best player 2-3 games before lockdown and in the games he played after lockdown. I also thought Sanchez was abysmal against Sheffield United. Really, really poor and never wanted to see him in the shirt again. However, he's been great the last few weeks to be fair and our defence has been very solid without Dier. Thought Toby was imperious yesterday. Really good when he had to be. Maybe Sanchez needs Toby next to him.

Hugo has also looked really solid since the lockdown compared to the error prone goalkeeper we've had for the last 2-3 seasons. He's looking like he did when he first came to us. Fair play to him and the coaching staff for that.

We were very good yesterday. Jose gave Rodgers a lesson. It's coming together.

i had that same thought about alli yesterday during the game

theres no place for him in a compact, break with pace, quick counter team

hes lazy off the ball, lacks discipline, holds the ball too long and isnt quick

its true on the other hand that he is one of our best options for unlocking teams defending deep against us

possibly hes first xi in one tactic and not in the other

pochs head would explode at the thought of more than one tactic and more than one first xi. possibly why either lampard or arteta will have a trophy in a few weeks and he doesn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

I think 433 suits the players we have available much better. If Alli plays we need an extremely strong dm and cm in order to let him play just off Kane and none of our midfield at the moment can form such a partnership.
    I'd sell him, but who'd buy him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

In good news Eric dire and the skip kid have signed long contact extensions..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

What do we call the day we are guaranteed to finish ahead of Arsenal?

Inquitus wrote: »

Reverse st Tottenhamings day,? Mu hi ha ha ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭golfball37

davycc wrote: »
    In good news Eric dire and the skip kid have signed long contact extensions..

I disagree on the former, unless we are selling him.

davycc wrote: »
    Reverse st Tottenhamings day,? Mu hi ha ha ha ha

There hasn’t been a Totteringham day now in over four years. Long may it continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Inquitus wrote: »

Sunday?

They haven't finished above us since we signed Sissoko ……. just saying :P ;)

#StArseinghamDay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

golfball37 wrote: »
    I disagree on the former, unless we are selling him.

Dier was out for a long time with an injury and appendix or hernia op. He seems to be getting back to a decent level and maybe we will see better next season. Decent squad player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭abff

What happens if we finish 6th, Arsenal win the FA Cup and Wolves win the Europa League? If that happens, Wolves would get a Champions League slot. Would Arsenal and the team that finishes 5th be the only English teams to get into the Europa League?

ive read that 6th guarantees europa, so i guess an extra spot in that circumstance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Speak Now

abff wrote: »
    What happens if we finish 6th, Arsenal win the FA Cup and Wolves win the Europa League? If that happens, Wolves would get a Champions League slot. Would Arsenal and the team that finishes 5th be the only English teams to get into the Europa League?

Yeah if 5 champions league teams then 1 less Europa league spot so 5th and Arsenal in above scenario. Happened the year Manchester Utd won Europa under Mourinho.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We want Chelsea to beat Wolves and Arsenal, and we beat Palace. That gets us 6th, and straight into the group stages of the EL iirc.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    We want Chelsea to beat Wolves and Arsenal, and we beat Palace. That gets us 6th, and straight into the group stages of the EL iirc.

Shouting for Chelsea:eek: > I feel dirty. Can Chelsea and Arsenal both loose FA cup final. At least no one will be there to see it..

I’m torn on the cup final. In the Europa final between them I was delighted Chelsea spanked them. I really don’t want to be in the Europa league though so I’m torn. I would shout for an Isis xi vs Woolwich normally.

They haven't finished above us since we signed Sissoko ……. just saying :P ;)

#StArseinghamDay

That makes our achievement all the more impressive...

Ledley King is joining our coaching staff. Good to see him still involved with the club.

Kiith wrote: »
    Ledley King is joining our coaching staff. Good to see him still involved with the club.

Is it still in discussion stage? Hopefully comes off. Absolute legend.

Theres no doubt Ledley is a club legend, but is he any good as a coach????

Theres no doubt Ledley is a club legend, but is he any good as a coach????

I know he was a part time under 18s spurs coach a few years ago. But his knowledge of the game is supposed to be incredible.

joeguevara wrote: »
    I know he was a part time under 18s spurs coach a few years ago. But his knowledge of the game is supposed to be incredible.

Didn’t come across that way when he was a pundit on SKY but Ledley has always struck me as a shy sort of lad. Not unlike Paul McGrath actually which is funny coz they were both players who couldn’t train properly and looked like geniuses every Saturday.

He doesn’t strike me as a natural coach but I can’t imagine Mourinho tolerating a passenger so hopefully there is something there.

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Didn’t come across that way when he was a pundit on SKY but Ledley has always struck me as a shy sort of lad. Not unlike Paul McGrath actually which is funny coz they were both players who couldn’t train properly and looked like geniuses every Saturday.

He doesn’t strike me as a natural coach but I can’t imagine Mourinho tolerating a passenger so hopefully there is something there.

I meant of his position. I have no idea of how good a coach he is. Very similar to Paul in a way.

I'm a heap of nerves today.could do with a few vodkas!!

Our team v palace.
    Lorris
    Aurirr
    Dier Toby Davies..
    Sissiko winks lo celso
    Lucas Kane son

• Advertisement

Nice one Harry 1-0 to the Spurs :)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭abff

The lack of comment on today’s game is symptomatic of how bad we’ve been since Mourinho took over. I still hope we can win today, but we’re making Crystal Palace look competent.

The lack of comment on today’s game is symptomatic of how bad we’ve been since Mourinho took over. I still hope we can win today, but we’re making Crystal Palace look competent.

Sorry, but i can't agree with that. 14th to 6th. We were far worse before he took over.

Drab, lackluster display, dreadful zonal marking at the corner for their goal.

Good quick feet by Harry for our goal.

Scraped into 6th place on goal difference.:o

It will be enough for group stages of the Europa League IF Chelsea win the FA cup.

If Arsenal win the FA cup, we go into the qualifying round of the Europa League.

Terrible way to end our season

I didn’t comment but I was watching. Kane has been amazing the last 4 or 5 games but honestly I was expecting to crush palace. Happy qualifying for Europe and where Jose took over is amazing. After lockdown we could/should have qualified for CL and the fact Utd finished third shows.

ATM we are lost. Compared to last year we are a shadow. If we are not allowed to spend big, well we are lost. Any yid army. Stay safe

Thank Christ that shambles of a season is over. I just dont know how we are going to solve our problems without spending money which we probally wont do.

Thank Christ that shambles of a season is over. I just dont know how we are going to solve our problems without spending money which we probally wont do.

I know what you are saying. But in my opinion we are a much better team now than we were at this time last year. Since the annihilation of Everton last Christmas we have literally been shocking save for the flukiest CL run in history. Before Jose joined we were probably the worst top team.

I honestly don’t think Jose would have joined if there is no warchest. Ndombele will be sold to fund some. We need 5 signings to challenge with two marquee.

Hope we are able to get fans back soon to WHL. Would be great to organise a meet up and beers for the first match if anyone is interested.

watched the villa game with a mate

never thought we'd win, or if so, never thought it would be more than scraping a win

summer will be interesting, but jose has to do some more breaking down of pochs unit in order to set a solid foundation, let's see how he goes about it

if aurier stays i give up

just to add i agree 100% with joe, domestically we were awful, awful, awful under poch since that everton game 18 months ago and any attempt to paint the downfall of this club as starting with mourinho joining is really not gonna wash

im more and more in the enic out camp, jose is behind levy, the players and poch in that order for responsibility for finishing in sixth- he couldnt have been asked to do much more from the shambles he took over

• Advertisement

Great news sonny won BBC goal of the season for his goal v Burnley

Advertisement