Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Well beaten by the better team. Even though we were ahead at half time I thought our lack of intensity from the start, in a must win game for us, was alarming. You would be forgiven for thinking that we had a game on Thursday night and not United. As soon as they upped their game in the second half the difference between the two sides was massive. We played with fear, a lack of invention and urgency and a lack of leadership as Snoop has pointed out many times. Hard to see where we go from here but I do think we need to get rid of Jose (in addition obviously to some of the players). Almost feels like we have to start from scratch. But Jose at this stage is like a cancer for this club, I find nearly all his press conferences an embarrassment with the ****e he comes out with. I have no doubt the fans will make their feelings known about him when they are allowed return.
    A brilliant manager in his day but that day is now gone and I see him as a divisive figure at this point. I know it will cost money to get rid of him but letting him stay in place might cost us more in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Far better players? Kane is Spurs best ever player IMO.

a great player yes, best ever no

we have lost some great players down the years
    Gazza
    Hoddle
    Berbatov

the only way forward from here is to sack Jose and the deadwood players need to be moved on at whatever cost, not left to another manager

new manager needs to be fully backed no matter what

that is the only way we keep Kane and Son

will it happen, no levy wont do that

we are sliding backwards into mid table at a serious speed and no one seems to be able to stop it, sad time to be a spurs fan,

Not even sure that would keep kane and son.

Be some manager that gets things moving again in the required timeline

But yeah, jose and deadwood out is a must now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Simple fact is we can't afford to sack Jose and do a full rebuild. Maybe if we sold Kane and Son, but that won't exactly improve our team. Stadium plus no fans for over a year will have destroyed any sort of rebuild, so we are stuck with what we have for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

So now its almost 100% "JOSE OUT" ....

Personally i wouldnt agree, as ive said many times on here.

Ok then - Whos going to replace him?

There'll be no/very little money available + a pretty toxic atmosphere in the club.
    Probably no Kane, Son , Alli ?
    Who will jump ship then GLC? Tanguy?

Toby will move on/be moved on .
    Hugo will go to ?

Who in the name of god would go there ?!?!?!

Its fcuking grim.
    Yesterday i didnt even care. I wasnt annoyed at the ease Utd were going through us, wasnt embarrassed that Son got a free for that, wasnt embarrassed at Joses press conference, wasnt angered at the "baby faced ass-asin"'s" comments towards Sonny ......

My hope has been killed.... Thank you Enic.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    So now its almost 100% "JOSE OUT" ....

Personally i wouldnt agree, as ive said many times on here.

Ok then - Whos going to replace him?

There'll be no/very little money available + a pretty toxic atmosphere in the club.
    Probably no Kane, Son , Alli ?
    Who will jump ship then GLC? Tanguy?

Toby will move on/be moved on .
    Hugo will go to ?

Who in the name of god would go there ?!?!?!

Its fcuking grim.
    Yesterday i didnt even care. I wasnt annoyed at the ease Utd were going through us, wasnt embarrassed that Son got a free for that, wasnt embarrassed at Joses press conference, wasnt angered at the "baby faced ass-asin"'s" comments towards Sonny ......

My hope has been killed.... Thank you Enic.

on the Toby issue, thats two managers in a row that have had an issue
    i wonder what thats all about

something has to give Green and that has to be jose and the deadwood

something has to give Green and that has to be jose and the deadwood

Why does it have to be "AND" though ??

Why not let him get rid of the deadwood, and let him get the players he wants ?

Doesnt make (financial) sense to have to get a new manager, and then new players?

greenspurs wrote: »
    Why does it have to be "AND" though ??

Why not let him get rid of the deadwood, and let him get the players he wants ?

Doesnt make (financial) sense to have to get a new manager, and then new players?

i was singing the same tune as you but you have to ask the question about his methods

toby being dropped when is clearly our best CB

Sissoko coming on before Bale

regardless of which, the question is, has Levy the balls to sell the deadwood at a loss and start again

we all know the answer to that one, Jose will get sacked, and the same ****e will be wheeled out to another manager

i was singing the same tune as you but you have to ask the question about his methods

toby being dropped when is clearly our best CB

Sissoko coming on before Bale

regardless of which, the question is, has Levy the balls to sell the deadwood at a loss and start again

we all know the answer to that one, Jose will get sacked, and the same ****e will be wheeled out to another manager

toby is a strange one.... :confused:

i understand Sissoko coming on to allow Tanguy be more attacking without having to track back..
    Bale - why was he brought on at all ?! Hes only using us , so why p1ss off spurs players by playing someone on loan!? And he was sh1te AGAIN when he came on, its fcuking pointless bringing him on!!

At least we have NFL and 2 GnR gigs to look forward to at the Lane !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

the only way forward from here is to sack Jose and the deadwood players need to be moved on at whatever cost, not left to another manager

new manager needs to be fully backed no matter what

that is the only way we keep Kane and Son

will it happen, no levy wont do that

we are sliding backwards into mid table at a serious speed and no one seems to be able to stop it, sad time to be a spurs fan,

yep, it started when we sold Walker and it hasn't stopped, each season since getting gradually worse and now look where we are, a laughing stock.

that great team of 16/17 has been dismantled and the muppets running the club thought we could carry on without investing, land a few bargains and find another couple of Harry Kanes from the academy, how wrong they were (again)

I can't wait for the venom in the ground when we're allow back in, all aimed at the little bald man in the directors box. Shyster supreme.

yep, it started when we sold Walker and it hasn't stopped, each season since getting gradually worse and now look where we are, a laughing stock.

that great team of 16/17 has been dismantled and the muppets running the club thought we could carry on without investing, land a few bargains and find another couple of Harry Kanes from the academy, how wrong they were (again)

I can't wait for the venom in the ground when we're allow back in, all aimed at the little bald man in the directors box. Shyster supreme.

my son has a poster of that team on his wall, they were a serious team looking back, how they did not win something is beyond me

i had the pleasure of seeing them beat west brom 4-0 in the old WHL , i dont think i have ever seen a first half like it, total dominance, west brom didnt even touch the ball

dembele was the heartbeat of that team, i remember seeing him against arsenal and they could not get near him, everything was go forward, beat the tackle for fun, stride into the opposition defence and give it to eriksen or ali to pick the pass

oh the memories

my son has a poster of that team on his wall, they were a serious team looking back, how they did not win something is beyond me

i had the pleasure of seeing them beat west brom 4-0 in the old WHL , i dont think i have ever seen a first half like it, total dominance, west brom didnt even touch the ball

dembele was the heartbeat of that team, i remember seeing him against arsenal and they could not get near him, everything was go forward, beat the tackle for fun, stride into the opposition defence and give it to eriksen or ali to pick the pass

oh the memories

I remember watching that lunchtime game. I remember at half time thinking that was the best 45 minutes from any Spurs team I had ever seen. I kid you not they did not make one stray pass in that first 45 minutes and they were constantly attacking, none of the sideways and backward passes we get nowadays. People talk about Kane and Son etc. but for me Dembele was the best player in an outstanding team. Himself and Wanyama dominated midfield like no other Spurs teams have done since. They deserved to win some sort of silverware but it wasn't to be, but we got 2 or 3 glory years from that team. The selling of Walker was the start of the demise and sadly we have fallen a long way since those heady days.

I remember that game too. It was slightly boring (but in a good way) how one sided it was. Think I turned it off at half time!

one interesting point I read somewhere

Jose wanted Linguard and Rudiger on Loan- he was laughed at by most supporters
    Skinnar to be signed full time

given the seasons the first two are having you would have to wonder what he might have done if he had been backed

you would have to wonder what he might have done if he had been backed

Isn't that pretty much the story of our lives? :(

I think ask any spurs fan and they wouldnt choose to keep levy/enic

And if you asked any spurs fan they wouldn't keep too many of this squad- certainly imo no more than 6 or 7 are champions league quality and I'm being kind to the 6th and 7th there

And if you asked any spurs fan they wouldnt tell you that jose has done well enough even given the above, not at his salary and not with his carry on and not with his football

The failure of any two does not excuse the failure of the third part, and especially when the base levels of effort and honest commitment are missing from the players, dignity and respect and responsibility for the team from the manager, and outfitting the first team according to the stated aims of the club from the owners

Now, the easiest thing to change is the coach, and sure an exceptional manager might make these guys look like a top four side on an ongoing basis.

But i dont think just any manager would.

Jose's great sin is that he isn't able to do what poch did but lads ive been following spurs since the early 90s and ill tell anyone now that poch was very much an exception to the norm and id doubt that the next man gets a tune out of the same players that stopped playing for him and mourinho both.

That said, i do think there are a lot of managers that would keep us in or around 7th to 4th playing better football, coaching our players to their strengths and weaknesses and not pissing everyone off, and that coach wouldn't cost 15m a year.

Boils down again to the facts as i see em- a handful of players deserve fans defence, the rest and the manager and the chairman dont deserve anything because they are using this club for an easy ride

Dele alli doing a live instagram and acting the maggot, touching his cap on demand to let everyone know hes jose out

He is a toerag and i want him gone, thats massive disrespect and a total lack of interest in what is good for the club

And tbh any manager worth his salt keeps his lazy arse on the bench this year, maybe if poch hadnt played him no matter how poorly he played and how little he tried he'd have developed the character he so sorely lacks at this stage

I dislike his attitude as much as the next guy, but the hat thing wasn't what the headlines will make it out to be. He was touching his hat all stream, and someone posted the "touch your hat if you want Jose out" comment after seeing it. Nothing story as usual.

Still don't know what i want to happen with the club. Jose in/out, rebuild/get rid of a few select players etc...just doesn't seem to be any sort of easy fix, and i imagine it'll be a few pretty ****e years. Good times :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Bale literally has seen more aliens than Tottenham PL victories this season.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/gareth-bale-aliens-ufo-tottenham-23878701.amp

30 years ago today !!!! Our last fa cup winning season !!!

gazza-2.jpgpicture hosting

gazza-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

That was the day I became a Spurs fan. Swimming in trophies since!

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    That was the day I became a Spurs fan. Swimming in trophies since!

My parents had their first date in WHL. I started supporting them in 1987, day we lost FA Cup Final in 87.

Best day as a Spurs fan was 1991 fa cup semi and that goal.

https://youtu.be/zYGSW7PGLVg

joeguevara wrote: »
    My parents had their first date in WHL. I started supporting them in 1987, day we lost FA Cup Final in 87.

that final loss in 87 was a sickner

in the hunt for 3 trophies that year and ended up with nothing,

Clive Allen scored 49 goals. Was David Pleat sacked for driving too slow near Kerbs on 3 separate occasions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Clive Allen scored 49 goals. Was David Pleat sacked for driving too slow near Kerbs on 3 separate occasions?

It was only his second offence in fairness to him! Scholar had warned him though previously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

So sickening, that magnificent team didn't turn up on the day, beaten by journeymen who wanted it more

Hoddle's last game too - so sad

I guess it prepared us mentally for the next 30 years bar 1991

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

So sickening, that magnificent team didn't turn up on the day, beaten by journeymen who wanted it more

Hoddle's last game too - so sad

I guess it prepared us mentally for the next 30 years bar 1991
    The semi final league cup collapse that season was vintage Spurs. Won 1-0 at Highbury, scored first in second leg and lost after extra time. George Graham won his first trophy a few weeks later against highly fancied Liverpool and the two North London based clubs went on differing trajectories for next two decades. It could and should have been us.

golfball37 wrote: »
    The semi final league cup collapse that season was vintage Spurs. Won 1-0 at Highbury, scored first in second leg and lost after extra time. George Graham won his first trophy a few weeks later against highly fancied Liverpool and the two North London based clubs went on differing trajectories for next two decades. It could and should have been us.

very true
    a young lanky irishman played fcuk that day,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭celt262

It was that season for me also the semi against Watford was the first game i remember.

• Advertisement

Everton v Tottenham Hotspur.
    ko- 8pm.

Jose Mourinho reports that Ben Davies and Matt Doherty are still missing for Friday night’s trip to Everton, while young striker Dane Scarlett has joined them in the treatment room.

The teenager limped off injured early in the second half of Tuesday night’s FA Youth Cup defeat to West Bromwich Albion and Jose confirmed that he’s now sidelined.

Goalkeeper Alfie Whiteman remains out as he recovers from knee surgery.

“Matt Doherty and Ben Davies are still out,” the Head Coach confirmed to Spurs TV.

“Dane Scarlett had a problem in the FA Youth Cup match and (apart from that) everybody is fine.”

Carlo Ancelotti says Jordan Pickford, Allan, Andre Gomes and Joshua King will be fit to face Tottenham Hotspur at Goodison Park on Friday night but Dominic Calvert-Lewin will miss the game.

Ancelotti added he expects Calvert-Lewin to be ready to return in the Blues’ match at Arsenal on Friday 23 February, with Yerry Mina, Fabian Delph and Bernard also in contention for the Emirates Stadium clash.

Abdoulaye Doucoure remains out with a foot injury.

The Everton boss confirmed Jean-Philippe Gbamin will not be available for the remainder of the season.

It's a game we really should be winning, just hopefully not in the first half :pac:

Zero confidence

And i thought we were ok against united for a good part of the game.

Just not in either box, where it matters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭celt262

Kiith wrote: »
    It's a game we really should be winning, just hopefully not in the first half :pac:

Forgot it was on tonight but at least the torture will be over early this weekend :pac:

celt262 wrote: »
    Forgot it was on tonight but at least the torture will be over early this weekend :pac:

Aint that the truth

International break was bliss, i think i grew some hair back

Lloris (C), Aurier, Alderweireld, Rodon, Dier, Reguilón, Højbjerg, Sissoko, Ndombele, Son, Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Dunno what to make of that team.

Glad to see Toby back

But all the players "dumped" previously for not performing are mote or less back in... Dier, Aurier, Sissoko, Son. None of them have done anything to earn their place again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Does Jose hate Bale, or what's the craic?

After looking unfit for most of the season, he suddenly seemed to click and look himself again there for a few weeks when he was actually given time on the field. In a run of 4 starts and 1 reasonably substantial sub appearance he got 4 goals and 2 assists... and has since played only 10 minutes in total out of the next 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Is Vinny injured?

It must be the spurs fan in me but for some reason this feels like a spurs win tonight. Jose with his back against the wall.

Always a goal or two to be had when Pickford is in nets as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Does Jose hate Bale, or what's the craic?

After looking unfit for most of the season, he suddenly seemed to click and look himself again there for a few weeks, and has since disappeared altogether, aside from being thrown on with 2 or 3 minutes left in games to rescue something.

Yeah don't really understand it. For 3/4 weeks when he was starting in Jan-Feb he looked exceptional. Hasn't had a kick since

Jose is this seasons 'tinkerman', doesn't know what his best side is. We should be winning a match like this but who really knows at this stage, going in to matches more in hope than confidence that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

3pts is a must tonight.

Going to go for us to win 2-1, Kane & Son to get their partnership going again

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

0-0 is 8/1 on paddy Power.

Already annoyed by stupid decisions and careless passing

Absolutely idiotic yellow card seven minutes in for hojbjerg.

This one already looks like a total moron show

Absolutely idiotic yellow card seven minutes in for hojbjerg.

What game will he miss if he gets sent off?.... Cup final?

Dunno what to make of that team.

Glad to see Toby back

But all the players "dumped" previously for not performing are mote or less back in... Dier, Aurier, Sissoko, Son. None of them have done anything to earn their place again.

Dier was awful, got banished and then is suddenly brought back again. It ain't working Jose mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

This is sh1te. Did someone shoot ndombele???

• Advertisement

Everyone individually horrific so far but ndombele is another planet of utter ****e

Marking of richarlison for that chance wasnt even lower league level

Advertisement