Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

Ref is a prick an all so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

And our obligatory lead has happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Dier was awful, got banished and then is suddenly brought back again. It ain't working Jose mate.

He hasn't a clue what his best team is. Not good enough at this stage. 15m a year ffs.

Tanganga, Rondon, Vinnie and Moura all brought in after the NLD and EL debacle and only Rondon starting 3 games later.

Moura has busted his balls for us in the last 4 or 5 games.

Terrible mistake but amazing how just actually trying to get it into their box can lead to yknow goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Poachers goal from Kane :)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement

He hasn't a clue what his best team is. Not good enough at this stage. 15m a year ffs.

Tanganga, Rondon, Vinnie and Moura all brought in after the NLD and EL debacle and only Rondon starting 3 games later.

Moura has busted his balls for us in the last 4 or 5 games.

I have no idea what our best team is

I think i do and then three or four are shocking

Every time

So i sympathise

Damn, was hoping we could keep it scoreless until the 89th minute and hopefully get away with a 1-1 draw in injury time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

What game will he miss if he gets sent off?.... Cup final?

Southampton on Wednesday I reckon.

Reguilon that is just incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

lol

• Advertisement

*groan*

We can say its idiotic, it is

But the wider problem is how easily that ball came in

And how far behind play reguilon was

WTF Reggie :mad:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Anyone else relieved the equalizer came so soon instead of 50 mins of sitting back and waiting for it?

golfball37 wrote: »
    Anyone else relieved the equalizer came so soon instead of 50 mins of sitting back and waiting for it?

No because we lose instead of a draw

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The replays there make it look like there wasn't any contact there. Was choppy though, so i assume it was a defo penalty as no one seems to be commenting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Never a penalty, he kicks the ground, ffs. And what the **** was Siggursdon allowed to stroll 50 yards down that wing without anyone going near him.

Very soft on first viewing I thought. On replay never a pen

Id day Jose is looking for any excuse to jump ship.

Id want it given for us, im not complaining

Running into the back of a man who has his foot back to shoot is madness.

Son is having a particularly rotten game

Our entire right side is nothing.

Nothing.

Play the youngsters.

• Advertisement

They are tearing us apart, absolutely no midfield and a joke defence

Lloris keeping us in it again. And yet people still want him gone...which is utterly mental imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Can’t even pass the ball

This is pure tripe

This is the cup game all over again, the incompetence all over the field is actually hilarious.

I've only been watching since the penalty but I don't think Son has touched the ball once in that time

Does anyone actually have any idea what our actual tactics are? Hard to tell when we never have the ball i know, but when we do...what is the plan? Hope for mistakes from Everton?

Shockingly bad to watch.

Hopeless tactic and effort. Kanes goal although a good strick was an everton mistake. Your time is up Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

SuprSi wrote: »
    I've only been watching since the penalty but I don't think Son has touched the ball once in that time

He's been highly ineffective so far.

Last 12 weeks, we are the 3rd worst team in the league. Literally relegation form. Any other manager would be sacked for this.

8999s7p22kt61.jpg

• Advertisement

I've watched us play 40+ times this season. I've had enough, time to stick on gogglebox.

Rodriguez and Siggy have the freedom to pick and pass their way through us.

Our midfield is non existent.

We don't seem to be able to string a good passage of play in any shape or form.

I've watched us play 40+ times this season. I've had enough, time to stick on gogglebox.

I've a 14/1 accumulator that just needs a yellow card from Dier to come good so do me a favour lads and let me know if he gets booked.

Kiith wrote: »
    Last 12 weeks, we are the 3rd worst team in the league. Literally relegation form. Any other manager would be sacked for this.

8999s7p22kt61.jpg

Sounds exactly like the end of the Poch era

How the **** is that penalty call not looked at by VAR? There's no contact whatsoever?

Tactics are irrelevant when players cannot pass, dont try

Sure, get rid of jose and hope the next guy inspires them

Lile we did with poch

Sounds like madness to me. Get jose a squad with acceptable ability and character, see how he does. Anything else is a plaster- these players are toxic and i want them gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Kiith wrote: »
    Does anyone actually have any idea what our actual tactics are? Hard to tell when we never have the ball i know, but when we do...what is the plan? Hope for mistakes from Everton?

Shockingly bad to watch.

Barring 4-5 games earlier on this season I would say this could be levelled at Jose for his entire reign.

This is how spurs play football now

Tactics are irrelevant when players cannot pass, dont try

Sure, get rid of jose and hope the next guy inspires them

Lile we did with poch

Sounds like madness to me. Get jose a squad with acceptable ability and character, see how he does. Anything else is a plaster- these players are toxic and i want them gone

The mistake was thinking that Jose could get these players playing to a higher level than they did under Poch.

All PL footballers can pass. They can move. They can think. This team are being told not to though

Nobody has told these lads to miss headers, misplace passes, duck tackles, not bother running

That is individual level and a manager can be criticised for not motivating them, sure, but 90% of the blame lies on the player and they should be called to account

This is disgusting from the men on the pitch, i dont care if the zagreb manager was in charge from videolink, i dont care if a stranger was in the dugout- nothing excuses a lack of basics, of effort, of concentration, of responsibility

Nobody has told these lads to miss headers, misplace passes, duck tackles, not bother running

That is individual level and a manager can be criticised for not motivating them, sure, but 90% of the blame lies on the player and they should be called to account

This is disgusting from the men on the pitch, i dont care if the zagreb manager was in charge from videolink, i dont care if a stranger was in the dugout- nothing excuses a lack of basics, of effort, of concentration, of responsibility

The manager can be held 100% responsible for continuing to play them if they aren't following instructions though.

Also if effort, concentration and responsibility are lacking then the manager is the first place I'm looking

MrKingsley wrote: »
    The manager can be held 100% responsible for continuing to play them if they aren't following instructions though.

Also if effort, concentration and responsibility are lacking then the manager is the first place I'm looking

Replace them with who?

Levy stymies turnover and blocks targets.

Im agreeing on the manager being responsible for the overall, but given these same players hung poch and given bother managers had the same issues with getting rid or getting replacements, i hate jose marginally less than the likes of dier, aurier, sissoko and levy right now

Sissoko in particular is like a player who wants his manager sacked tonight. Utterly unacceptable and i don't care if jose slapped his missus at half time, hes wearing the jersey and should be playing for the club

Its not a defence of jose to say hes the third biggest problem at this club

• Advertisement

This group is 3/4 years past their prime barring a few.

Levy shafted Poch time and time again.

The players then got a pass.

Mourinho has shown that he's not bothered or maybe he knows the players aren't there for him.

We are now banjaxxed

Ah Jayus Siggy again, assist from Colemans first touch

Absolutely unbelievable defending

Attacking merely competent and looks world class

Dier nowhere toby nowhere and reguilon miles from his post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

Again I have to ask what is Ledley doing with the defenders?. Seems to just be for Pr.
    Most players don't care and can hardly find a white shirt

Both Liverpool and Everton were in awful form before playing us. We are a joke. This is on Levy and his vanity project of Jose which is gonna cost the club a fortune.
    Villa apart we haven’t even drawn against a team in top half since December. That was sacking form months ago. A caretaker would have us at least ten points better off had the trigger been pulled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

What a goal. harry!!

We’d be fourth bottom without Kane’s goals

You can blame the players all you want. Right or wrong, the buck stops with the manager. Always has, always will.

This is sackable form, regardless of who you are. We sacked Poch for less.

Harry again :) 2-2

Only for harry..

• Advertisement
Advertisement