Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I know most teams have their star player but Kane's start is so bright. He's so much better than anyone else on that team and deserves better.

Kiith wrote: »
    You can blame the players all you want. Right or wrong, the buck stops with the manager. Always has, always will.

This is sackable form, regardless of who you are. We sacked Poch for less.

Again i cannot disagree, yes the buck stops with the single point of failure, he is overpaid and he does a lot i dislike and he is not getting results.

What then?

We cheer these lads the week after when they miraculously rediscover some ability and concentration?

I think I'd be actually disgusted at the thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Any chance of seeing bale before we concede again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Son hasn’t tried a leg since Woolwich home game in early December. I dunno how he escapes criticism from media.

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Any chance of seeing bale before we concede again?

Bale not bothering to cover his man cost us badly several times before he got dropped.

Im not buying him as a saviour just because we are ****e without him, thats again the problem. There arent eleven professionals across a starting xi at the club.

Again i cannot disagree, yes the buck stops with the single point of failure, he is overpaid and he does a lot i dislike and he is not getting results.

What then?

We cheer these lads the week after when they miraculously rediscover some ability and concentration?

I think I'd be actually disgusted at the thought.

No but while we are stuck with them we should at least set them up in a way that gives them the best chance to win. Sitting back against Wolves, palace, Newcastle, Fulham is braindead when your defence is so bad. So many games any other manager would have put to bed by getting second and third goal. That’s a lot of points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Bale not bothering to cover his man cost us badly several times before he got dropped.

Im not buying him as a saviour just because we are ****e without him, thats again the problem. There arent eleven professionals across a starting xi at the club.

I don't think he's a saviour. The only time he was starting regularly this year he was scoring and making goals.

Just think we are an awful lot more likely to score when he plays 20 minutes instead of 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

MrKingsley wrote: »
    I don't think he's a saviour. The only time he was starting regularly this year he was scoring and making goals.

Just think we are an awful lot more likely to score when he plays 20 minutes instead of 3.

Lads Aurier is a disgrace

Typical we gift Josh King a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Lorris saves us again

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement

Theyve just sent a through ball one and won a corner while four of our brave boys stood up beside their keeper talking about an attack they had messed up

Literally one throw, thirty yards ambling unchallenged, a simple ball along the ground and you are one on one with the last defender

And they just missed two sitters from hojbjerg mucking about

Lads its not the manager, id love it to be that simple

We have to turn this whole mess over, seven first teamers out and gone

I dont see the point pretending that weve seen what jose can do until we do that and bring in men

golfball37 wrote: »
    No but while we are stuck with them we should at least set them up in a way that gives them the best chance to win. Sitting back against Wolves, palace, Newcastle, Fulham is braindead when your defence is so bad. So many games any other manager would have put to bed by getting second and third goal. That’s a lot of points.

If these lads cannot pass, run or mark i fail to see why i should believe that they can miraculously follow tactical instruction to the letter tbh

Lloris has made several saves tonight that he should make, credit him for no mistakes but they should have five goals and both ours were lucky

Kane off with an ankle injury, brilliant

Twenty seconds left and we are still trying to lose this

Horrific

Well

Nice to get a point we never, never deserved

• Advertisement

Another cup final with an injured Kane incoming I fear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Moura will probably score a hatrick vs Southampton on Wednesday and then be benched for the final.

If these lads cannot pass, run or mark i fail to see why i should believe that they can miraculously follow tactical instruction to the letter tbh

They don’t need to. To beat Fulham, Newcastle et all they only needed Arry telling them go out and play. Yes we’d still have conceded but we’d have won at least 3 of those games. We also wouldn’t have lost 8 out of 10 against top half teams. The tactics are the problem. Players are rubbish but tactics are not suited to them either

I dunno

I could as easily say that against fulham, if you pass, mark, run you beat em whatever the tactics

And my eyes are seeing that tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Honest enough assessment from Dier there.

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Honest enough assessment from Dier there.

Admire you for not switching it off entirely as soon as possible.

What did he say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

What did he say?

Dier

Jose

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

What did he say?

I stuck around to see if there was any word on the Kane knock.

Dier just said that our passing was poor at times, himself included. And that he could have done better for their second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

its hard to care , really.

Can Troy Parrot score 30 odd goals a season?
    I hope so, cos hes the only senior striker we will have next season.....
    Thanks for the memories Harry ....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

The last few years were good while it lasted. :(
    Back to the same old same old. Too many half arsed performances from mediocre players who appear to have given up and dont care. At least try to look like you care about winning.. Son has been poor for a long time now and I cant see how he is going to get back to form.. Ndombele is just a waste of space, no interest in the club except for getting a wage. Aurier is still all over the place. This season feels like its never ending.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Son's drop in form is the strangest one for me. He seemed to be loving his football, and was playing unreal stuff, but not doesn't seem to get any enjoyment from his game anymore. I can only assume the atmosphere in the dressing room is terrible.

I really can't bring myself to give a **** though.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

It's a hard time to be a Spurs supporter that's for sure. Can't really see any positives out of last night being honest. I think Ndomebele has been really poor for the last while, haven't seen any of his mazy runs and offloads in a long time. The midfield is a real problem area for the team but then the whole team looks like a load of individuals rather than playing as a team. Despite their faults at least Lamela and Moura will give you everything, was surprised Moura was dropped last night, he has been one of our better players recently. Its hard to know what the right balance is in there, we do need to move some guys on including Ndombele, I couldn't see myself saying that earlier in the season but really disappointed with him these days he gives the ball away for fun. Reggie was shocking last night and for the last while as well. One thing that they need to sort out is the foreign lads dropping like flies when someone even looks at them. Ndomblele and Reggie go down so many times in a game its disgusting, Ndombele going down after your man hardly touched him, making out he'd been choked, was pathetic. Amazing when the ref doesn't blow up how they get back on their feet, Ndombele always very slowly.

Id give a lot for a poch style first season clearout of the guys taking a wage with no pride in themselves or the club

Always surprised that managers and chairmen dont go to the youth ranks quicker in this situation, bentaleb, mason and the likes werent brilliant players but worked hard, cared and followed instructions and the fans forgive lads like that a lot when the alternative is high wage superstars who you are annoyed to see in the shirt

Winks is dreadful but ill always rather him dreadful than a fifty million pound guy with much better ability on twice the wages taking up a foreign player spot who is ALSO dreadful

Whether mourinho is the man to do it, yeah look im not gonna die on that hill either.

I hope our clowns and our manager are watching Chelsea and realising that city can be got at if you take the game to them

Transformation in Chelsea is amazing since frank got the boot

Chelsea have bought six or seven of the brightest talents in Europe in the last two windows alone

• Advertisement

But we bought Matt Doherty!

Thiago Silva would have been a very steadying influence at the back.

Watching fulham intelligently handle sitting back with a goal lead, every player committed and clever, its horrible to think what our midfield do in the same circumstances, how little effort and interest they show

How impatient and stupid and switched-off our defenders are in the same circumstances vs these lads being cool and picking the right pass, let alone how they do the defensive basic right.

Youd forget that the easy parts of the game are easy, if you care enough

Lol jinx

European super league?

Jesus christ levy, can we build a ****in team that can manage top six in the league we are in before we sign up to be fodder in a notions league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

European super league?

Jesus christ levy, can we build a ****in team that can manage top six in the league we are in before we sign up to be fodder in a notions league

While I don’t like the idea of a European super league, if it does go ahead it might allow us to hold onto Kane, Son and other players that we feel are worth keeping.

Agree, if it’s the way it’s going we need to be part off, otherwise we fade into oblivion with West Ham

Neville reaction is ott, he had no problem when Man Utd ditched the FA Cup for world club cup one time

If flick leaves Munich, they will take Nagelsman , I had hoped we would get him

I wouldnt be looking to a sky analyst for an unbiased view on this anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Neville's reaction isn't OTT. It's pure greed, and shouldn't be condoned by anyone.

Even if it means we get to keep our best players, **** that. Fans should absolutely be against it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

The guys are spot on, its greed pure and simple. If this goes ahead I won't be watching Spurs again, disgusted that they have signed up to it.

Lad GAGA wrote: »
    The guys are spot on, its greed pure and simple. If this goes ahead I won't be watching Spurs again, disgusted that they have signed up to it.

I was under impression we weren’t asked or welcome in it?

Lad GAGA wrote: »

I agree it’s money driven, but what’s the alternative, turn them down and become irrelevant

golfball37 wrote: »
    I was under impression we weren’t asked or welcome in it?

City, United,pool, Chelsea, Spurs,arsenal, all been asked and agreed if media are to be believed
    Games played mid week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

LOL. The state of us.

Im somewhat unbothered by this, unless im missing something.

The epl has been a bent and crooked league that favoured a few marquee brands in any way it could for years.

Look how sky treat us, re kane, re mourinho, re sons reds last two seasons.

epl refs are worth ten points a season to utd, and when chelsea were big boys their hatchet job defenders like terry couldnt buy a card.

It isnt a local team with local players, var has been implemented so as to make anyone think it is impossible to introduce it sensibly, titles are bought and paid for with oil or financal crisis funds or oligarchy or thai businessman money from who the **** knows where, players are all mercenaries listening more to their agents than their coaches and fans arent vital to any of it any more

Even the cl isnt anything like the old european cup, with its league rounds and coefficients and second chances.

Im not sure what exactly im meant to miss about any of them, or whats so different about just joining up to another mercenary, financially unfair carnival of greed?

• Advertisement

Im somewhat unbothered by this, unless im missing something.

The epl has been a bent and crooked league that favoured a few marquee brands in any way it could for years.

Look how sky treat us, re kane, re mourinho, re sons reds last two seasons.

epl refs are worth ten points a season to utd, and when chelsea were big boys their hatchet job defenders like terry couldnt buy a card.

It isnt a local team with local players, var has been implemented so as to make anyone think it is impossible to introduce it sensibly, titles are bought and paid for with oil or financal crisis funds or oligarchy or thai businessman money from who the **** knows where, players are all mercenaries listening more to their agents than their coaches and fans arent vital to any of it any more

Even the cl isnt anything like the old european cup, with its league rounds and coefficients and second chances.

Im not sure what exactly im meant to miss about any of them, or whats so different about just joining up to another mercenary, financially unfair carnival of greed?
    Soccer lost its soul a long time ago. The irony of sky leading the opposition to this is laughable too.

Dont get me wrong im sure this is yet another grubby, ugly move by all involved but we're not talking about selling the farm to tesco, its a lot more like we're just changing to shopping in tesco instead of lidl, the local shop closed a long time ago lads

Whats the significance of the premier League to Spurs or the other 5 teams if this goes ahead?

If you're not in contention of winning the league by Christmas, and assuming you're not close to relegation, then it's just a bunch of Mickey mouse games to facilitate the Super League

So.... no difference then?

Certainly our actual players seem to feel likewise so its hard to get too excited.

So.... no difference then?

Certainly our actual players seem to feel likewise so its hard to get too excited.

You know what I mean. If you're guaranteed a spot in this super league, the only thing you're playing for in the premier League is the title itself or avoiding relegation.

Four of the six are currently outside the champions League spots as it is, yet the league will become redundant in a new format.

I can understand people complaining about the greed when the premier League game along, but the structures and significance of that League and the league below them still remained in place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement