Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

The lad on his own all day outside the gates at Spurs holding the placard is comical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Soups123 wrote: »
    The lad on his own all day outside the gates at Spurs holding the placard is comical

Thanks for coming in to tell us ...... :confused:

mind the gap on the way out .....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Look I don’t know enough about it to full comment but will we not play in the PL every weekend and this super league mid week

What is the problem, it’s a scaled down version of CL and we should be delighted we are in it, FFS could you imagine not being invited,

And Munich and PSG will join as soon as this gets off the ground

That wider thread would remind you of why you stick to the spurs thread tbh

i know we bang off each other a bit (and with good reason, every poster here cares (or used to!) about spurs and there are many valid viewpoints on what is right and wrong with the club) but even the one or two lads ive actually felt it got heated with in here over the years ive always thought i wanted to read their comeback or hear their next post out

Naturally enough the faster pace and the club rivalries make a very different dynamic in the other threads but jesus its like a race to tell the other fella what he said so that you can disagree with it.

Anyway

JOSE OUT

id despair at the thought of a new manager being unveiled in two months time getting paid to smile and say "these players are good enough".

Suits levy, suits the players, absolute slap in the face to the supporters

And linking the two last posts i made together...........

ENIC OUT!

greenspurs wrote: »
    Thanks for coming in to tell us ...... :confused:

mind the gap on the way out .....

What an odd response.

What an odd response.

Odder than coming in here trying to be comical ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

So to summarize: we have won one league cup in 30 years, are about to get our arses handed to us on Sunday in our latest attempt to win something and we have a 29 year old manager who was probably only on the staff out of sympathy for how his career was ended prematurely. But we are Europe’s elite?

Given that there will be no relegation from the ESL, will they be giving out participation medals? Will we get a pat on the head and a Mars bar from some billionaire / oil sheikh for taking part and trying our best.

I’m glad we had those few years under Poch when you could dream that we were within touching distance of being great because I think this will finish me with football entirely.

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »
    Odder than coming in here trying to be comical ??

How is it. It was comment about Spurs and Sky showing your man all day, it was funny, simple humor.

Anyway I’m out, childish stuff

How is it. It was comment about Spurs and Sky showing your man all day, it was funny, simple humor.

Anyway I’m out, childish stuff

good man. 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Unless some of you guys are actual Spurs shareholders, I don't see how this is a good thing.

The idea that potential poor form will constantly be rewarded, as you're regenerated every season to give it another crack. This just feels like using a cheat mode in Football Manager.

Any environment where there are no consequences for failure cannot be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Will be interesting to see how this unfolds. The English FA should threaten to throw the six of them out of all domestic competitions.

Friend sent me the following

Sky dig up Stephen Warnock (yes he is still relevant apparently)

Sky:Stephen any comment on Jose sacking,
    Stephen: shocking he done well with players he has at his disposal, only Kane Son and sissoko are good enough for other top 4 teams

Sissoko FFS, that’s the level of gob****e sky are now digging up to have a pop at us

And then they want sympathy from fans cause their greed fuelled monopoly on football may come to an end with a super league, this is the same shower who constantly be little spurs, sell our best players while covering a live game

Muppets

Lad GAGA wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see how this unfolds. The English FA should threaten to throw the six of them out of all domestic competitions.

That won’t affect Spurs or Arsenal too much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

That won’t affect Spurs or Arsenal too much
    Spot on, we need a laugh today of all days :)

Ken Early's hate for mourinho and his distaste for how spurs have run their operations is actually a personal and laudable reaction compared to the lazy, disinterested, smug opinion bites of contempt from Sky towards us

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

As a United fan I couldn't stand Jose at Old Trafford and was surprised Spurs took him on. His behaviour at Madrid, Chelsea and then United was like history repeating itself...arrogant, disrespectful to the club, fans and players and underperforming his reputation and salary before leaving under a cloud with a big pay off. I really couldn't understand why any big club would be interested least of all one with a chap like Levy at the helm but football is a crazy business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

Deise Vu wrote: »
    So to summarize: we have won one league cup in 30 years, are about to get our arses handed to us on Sunday in our latest attempt to win something and we have a 29 year old manager who was probably only on the staff out of sympathy for how his career was ended prematurely. But we are Europe’s elite?

Given that there will be no relegation from the ESL, will they be giving out participation medals? Will we get a pat on the head and a Mars bar from some billionaire / oil sheikh for taking part and trying our best.

I’m glad we had those few years under Poch when you could dream that we were within touching distance of being great because I think this will finish me with football entirely.

There hardly going to leave Mason in temp charge are they???? I though that was just for todays training.

Glebee wrote: »
    There hardly going to leave Mason in temp charge are they???? I though that was just for todays training.

End of season i think it said

• Advertisement

Bob Harris wrote: »
    As a United fan I couldn't stand Jose at Old Trafford and was surprised Spurs took him on. His behaviour at Madrid, Chelsea and then United was like history repeating itself...arrogant, disrespectful to the club, fans and players and underperforming his reputation and salary before leaving under a cloud with a big pay off. I really couldn't understand why any big club would be interested least of all one with a chap like Levy at the helm but football is a crazy business.

Did he not win Europa League and League Cup in first season at Utd? Id say that has something to do with Levy grabbing him. Say what you like about Jose but he has won trophies everywhere he has went( except Spurs:()

Thats just depressing.

Just re read it and it does seem only to mention today, so who knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭celt262

Have you a link can't see it anywhere ??

Edit seen ur response above

Don’t think that was confirmed, only today’s training with further announcements to follow was the last I heard

Anyway naglesman was 29 when he got his first job😀

Miguel Delaney says "its the most significant moment in football history"

Alright Miguel, take a break, wash your face, small walk around, come back to us when you've maybe had a little shake of the head there good man

So Chelsea, Man City and Real Madrid to be kicked out of CL by Friday

Pooch will win it by default

Given his problems in actually getting things over the line might be the only way to get him kickstarted tbh

Miguel Delaney says "its the most significant moment in football history"

Alright Miguel, take a break, wash your face, small walk around, come back to us when you've maybe had a little shake of the head there good man

That made me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

We've won two league cups in 30 years. So double the amount of trophies you thought.

Massively successful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I think too many people are getting confused saying our lack of success means we shouldn’t be in the super league. The super league is about money. It basically follows the Deloitte rating. Trophies aren’t directly relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Glebee wrote: »
    Did he not win Europa League and League Cup in first season at Utd? Id say that has something to do with Levy grabbing him. Say what you like about Jose but he has won trophies everywhere he has went( except Spurs:()

He did but that doesn't mean many wanted him there and they are not exactly trophies to get the pulses racing. He constantly belittled players and insulted the club, our play was generally poor as was our morale.
    I and most were amazed he was given an extension in Jan 18 only to be sacked in December the same year when he walked away with a fortune.
    He has a divisive and nasty streak and it's defined the last four jobs he has had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Haven't really heard any update on Harry's injury since Friday night. Hardly be fit for da weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭golfball37

It’s clear levy is the problem.

Mauricio Sarri is meeting with Spurs later this week according to Gazetta- not exactly a wow appointment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

golfball37 wrote: »
    It’s clear levy is the problem.

Mauricio Sarri is meeting with Spurs later this week according to Gazetta- not exactly a wow appointment

Christ, what a directly contradictory managerial signing if true... from Poch, to Jose, to Sarri would be about as big a stylistic back-and-forth as you'll ever find, and speaks to total confusion as to what sort of team Levy actually wants and is trying to build.

Levy is the cancer in the Club.

I havent beaten this drum in a while, but once again, true to form, Levy and Lewis make us a joke again.

ENIC OUT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Christ, what a directly contradictory managerial signing if true... from Poch, to Jose, to Sarri would be about as big a stylistic back-and-forth as you'll ever find, and speaks to total confusion as to what sort of team Levy actually wants and is trying to build.

Sarri is not being considered.

There is so much mis information being put out at moment
    I’d say believe nothing until next manager is appointed and see what backing he gets
    Then make minds up as to who is the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

well said - I've been half finished with the game over the past 10 years or so and this would be the final insult. The great traditional aspects of the game have been on life support for a long time now. Ticket prices, Saturday 3pm kick offs, Bringing Kids, Standing, Atmosphere, all the things that were brilliant about the game are nearly gone. Its a TV entertainment now, the bums on seats are pretty much irrelevant and have been for years. Fans in stadiums are an inconvenience for owners and provide a tiny % of total revenue.

Turning the game into a version of NFL by billionaire owners totally makes sense to these people, it guarantees them income regardless of performance. You see when you sell your soul to the devil this stuff is inevitable down the road. These scumbags think they can make up their own rules, their arrogance knows no bounds. Automatic entry for the founders makes their domestic leagues pretty much irrelevant. Shame on them.

Physical ticket revenue is completely irrelevant compared to the billions of viewers paying to watch on Phones, tablets and TVs all over the world. It's a disgusting move but totally understandable when these type of people are involved.

It's also laughable that THFC are invited, we haven't won our own title in 60 years yet we're in ahead of the likes of Ajax, it's actually embarrassing. But you know our lads, no shame, follow the dollar above everything else. Danny boy must have done some amount of grovelling or bribing to get an invite. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he thought the whole thing up, the scheming little vampire.

Anyway, it will be interesting to follow events if nothing else and it's a nice distraction from the performances and results.

Harry Redknapp and Robbie keane for the rest of the season ?

Jammy Redknapp might say something positive about us if his auld lad is the gaffer again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

It was pointed out (tongue in cheek) this morning on BBC radio that in a few years Spurs could get relegated, play Real Madrid on Wednesday and Barnsley on a Saturday.

It was pointed out (tongue in cheek) this morning on BBC radio that in a few years Spurs could get relegated, play Real Madrid on Wednesday and Barnsley on a Saturday.

Not totally out of the question

Now, some would say that outside of the top four or five clubs, thats the approximate level of teams barca or real often face in their own domestic competition but that is, i suppose, a different complaint

Im not decided on this new comp yet, tbh

Im against the competition and the ways its been formed

Once it has been formed, by hook or by crook id want spurs in it rather than not i think- time may make a mug of me here and maybe being a legitimate london giant amongst good clubs like everton, villa, leicester, west ham etc would have been a really good option for us too in many ways too. I dont know.

I think the vast majority of the arguments i see against it are ridiculous tbh, or at the very least if a fan of any epl club had been 100% furious on Sunday then they should have been 90% furious on Friday anyway

You cant hang all of modern footballs ills on just the latest outrage to catch your eye imo, thats just handwaving over a much longer and deeper issue

The ideal is surely local lads playing for the local team in a stadium full of local people, replicated all over the world where football is followed.

If you arent arguing for that then i reckon youd want a decent pause for thought before you considered whatever your own ideal is, because somebody somewhere in tottenham is surely pointing to us and saying "theyre part of the problem an all"

let them slag away

at the end of the day we are in the competition and there is a lot of English Clubs who would like to be in our position, so they have resorted to slagging us off

For once Levy should be applauded for getting us to the top table, because like it or not, if ur not at the top table you are fcuked.

lets no kid ourselves we are there because of our financial clout, nothing else but lets not also forget we actually have more european trophies than both Arsenal and MAN City and are only one behind Chelsea (i think)

For once Levy should be applauded for getting us to the top table, because like it or not, if ur not at the top table you are fcuked.

Top table ?

Whats the point of it then ?
    Enic will make money (sole reason for being there) , but theres nothing to be won, lost, fought for.
    Some would say that thats an ideal league for Tottenham, given their ideals and off the pitch 'business model',

But, ill say it again, Id rather see Spurs winning legitimate trophies , than just sitting at the fcking "top Table" ....

Jesus christ almighty!!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Ryan Mason to take charge till the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭golfball37

I’ll nail my colours to the mast. I’m for us being in the super league. Soccer is essentially a business for 20 years now, you may as well be in the tent peeing out than outside peeing in.

We could always bank the guaranteed 400m a year, tank in a league without relegation and put our eggs into winning domestic trophies if that’s what fans want.

golfball37 wrote: »
    I’ll nail my colours to the mast. I’m for us being in the super league. Soccer is essentially a business for 20 years now, you may as well be in the tent peeing out than outside peeing in.

We could always bank the guaranteed 400m a year, tank in a league without relegation and put our eggs into winning domestic trophies if that’s what fans want.

What domestic trophies??

Well be thrown out of Premier lge, so there wont be any fa/league cups.

And if the SuperLegue hold cup competitions, we wouldnt be good enough to win them .....

Anyway, the SuperDooperLeague wont happen, it cant.

Ive seen nothing to suggest in any hard way that the six clubs can be forced out of the premier league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

let them slag away

at the end of the day we are in the competition and there is a lot of English Clubs who would like to be in our position, so they have resorted to slagging us off

I suppose it depends whats more important to you.

Your team and fcuk all the rest
    or
    The Game, the history, the memories etc...

It's down to the individual - There's no right or wrong - its subjective.

I'm a traditionalist and I hate the over commercialization of the game in the past 20 odd years - For me the match day experience is not a patch on what it was before.

But this project will break the game if it goes ahead and the game is king for me. What my club will become if this happens will have absolutely nothing to do with what has been there for 139 years previous apart from a postcode.

• Advertisement
Advertisement