Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

We had ****e players under Jose (barring one or two obviously) we will have ****e players under a new manager in the cup final.
    Why sack Jose the week before a cup final. It makes no sense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

tom1ie wrote: »

Some of this probably had something to do with it :pac:

https://www.football365.com/news/ten-spursiest-moments-jose-mourinho-tottenham

Kiith wrote: »
    So should we just concede the match on Sunday and not play? Not much point on even bothering it seems.

Nobody is saying that

But id gently point out that the closest sentiment ive seen to that was you saying "we would definitely have lost under jose"!

Yeah, and i stick by that comment. Things have been ****e for a while now, we all know it. Is it solely down to Jose? Absolutely not. Some of our players are sorry excuses for footballers, and some of them have attitudes that i wouldn't expect to find in a Sunday league team.

But continuing on like things were wasn't exactly going to help our prospects for the rest of the season. Definition of madness and all that. Do any of us actually think we were going to play better football under Jose, or have him cut out some of the nonsense we've seen over the last few months? I certainly didn't, and while i fully expect the same players to continue to make mistakes, maybe they won't be so terrified of doing them and might actually play some football. Aurier at one point last week stopped tracking back to raise his hand in apology to Jose...I know Aurier is at best a poor defender, but that showed how their mentality is at the moment.

Anyway, he's gone now and i'll give them the benefit of the doubt until they inevitably disappoint me again :/

Some of this probably had something to do with it :pac:

https://www.football365.com/news/ten-spursiest-moments-jose-mourinho-tottenham

Im not saying the team was going in the right direction under him at all.
    Sacking him the week of the cup final is less than ideal preparation for the team no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,702 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Yeah, and i stick by that comment. Things have been ****e for a while now, we all know it. Is it solely down to Jose? Absolutely not. Some of our players are sorry excuses for footballers, and some of them have attitudes that i wouldn't expect to find in a Sunday league team.

But continuing on like things were wasn't exactly going to help our prospects for the rest of the season. Definition of madness and all that. Do any of us actually think we were going to play better football under Jose, or have him cut out some of the nonsense we've seen over the last few months? I certainly didn't, and while i fully expect the same players to continue to make mistakes, maybe they won't be so terrified of doing them and might actually play some football. Aurier at one point last week stopped tracking back to raise his hand in apology to Jose...I know Aurier is at best a poor defender, but that showed how their mentality is at the moment.

Anyway, he's gone now and i'll give them the benefit of the doubt until they inevitably disappoint me again :/

Remember when he hammered Utd at old trafford ??
    When Alli was playing well and scoring?
    When we beat man city?

That was all under Jose.
    So did the players stop playing or did Jose turn into a bad manager??

Anyway...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

I'm pretty sure i can get a longer list of where we ****e compared to when we were good.

How many games did we throw away leads because we scored early and then sat back with 11 men in our own half? That's tactics, even if it wasn't just those tactics that lead to our defenders making brainless decisions and mistakes.

We've been calling him out on it for ages now, along with critisizing the players. We unfortunately can't sack some of them, so there was only really one thing to do. Look i was hopeful when he came in, and was willing to put up with ****e football when the results were good. But we have been shockingly bad (actual relegation form) for the last few months, and at the end of the day the manager is responsible.

I think, right now, im beyond the reach of the usual managerial reset optimism cycle.

Jose wasnt the right man, but sacking him this week was a terrible call and only the more so once the ESL debacle played out

Business wise, its going to cost us millions more because the clauses all seem to be related to finishing position

Football wise, he was brought in to do a lot of things but the big one was change mentality around silverware and the final step. Whatever else went wrong and wasnt going to start going right, getting rid with a final to play is rotten on a few levels

More than anything else it reinforces that levy thinks that he is provisioning this first team adequately and any lack of results or signs of improvement rest solely on the manager

Thats football, i get it, but within that a manager either had a fair shot or he didnt.

Poch didnt but did all he could and more

Mourinho didnt and floundered.

The lack of a fair shot was still an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,702 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Tottenham Vs Southampton.
    ko 18.00

Right-back Matt Doherty is back in the frame after injury, but left-back Ben Davies and goalkeeper Alfie Whiteman remain out, while Harry Kane is taking it “day by day” after limping off against Everton last week.

Southampton could welcome back Takumi Minamino, who was cup-tied for last weekend’s FA Cup clash with Leicester City. Oriol Romeu and Will Smallbone are long-term absentees, while Michael Obafemi has returned to training but is considered unlikely to start this evening.

No one wants to nail down, take the top4 places for themselves, so can we get nearer?
    We go into 6th , above liverpool if we win.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

tom1ie wrote: »

If you believe that story about the variation in payoff depending on where we stand in the league at the time he is sacked, it makes perfect sense. We’re currently 7th, but would go above Liverpool on goal difference if we were to beat Southampton tonight.

The last minute equaliser by Leeds on Monday night probably sealed Mourinho’s fate.

• Advertisement

abff wrote: »
    If you believe that story about the variation in payoff depending on where we stand in the league at the time he is sacked, it makes perfect sense. We’re currently 7th, but would go above Liverpool on goal difference if we were to beat Southampton tonight.

The last minute equaliser by Leeds on Monday night probably sealed Mourinho’s fate.

I havent seen a story about it being "when he is sacked" otherwise levy wouldve waited til kickoff 2021/2 and sacked him for peanuts in 18th

Those clauses surely only refer to end of season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

I havent seen a story about it being "when he is sacked" otherwise levy wouldve waited til kickoff 2021/2 and sacked him for peanuts in 18th

Those clauses surely only refer to end of season

I thought that was either said or implied in the soundbite we heard.

Spose nothing would surprise me this week except a competent Sanchez performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Spose nothing would surprise me this week except a competent Sanchez performance

Doherty to come out and play like vintage Cafu would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Doherty to come out and play like vintage Cafu would be nice.

Vintage Cafu as in the 40 year old version. Who would still be better than MD btw

Ive seen more to let me know that theres a player in doherty over the years than i have a few of the other lads

Ok, none of it in a spurs shirt, fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Predicted squad for tonight? Will we see some changes in the starting lineup? COYS

whodafunk wrote:
    Predicted squad for tonight? Will we see some changes in the starting lineup? COYS

I think Bale and Son either side of Kane (if fit)

Winks/sissoko/le celco beside Hojberg (Dombele dropped)

Toby to start.

... something like that.

Team is out actually.

Toby and Dier start. Rondon dropped??!?

Hojberg, Dombele and LoCelso start.

Kane out.

Son, Moura and Bale start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Let's see if Jose was holding Son back - he's been so bad the last while, completely different player to earlier in the season. It'd be great for him to turn it around, even if it is for 7 more games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Jaysus, no improvement to our defence so far anyway! How that fella missed the 2nd attempt

Horrific defending of a cross

Mou out

Aurier didnt become a non-joke overnight, colour me surprised

Now anyone playing kyle walker peters knows he wont be defending his position but likes to get forward

Lets see whether the lads who trained with him for three years or so picked any of that up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Lloris keeping us in this

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Hugely unambitious and slow in moving the ball through the midfield, where we have the extra man

Sloppy on the flanks

Quality individually is non existent, lucas, son, lo celso, bale- nobody here is going past anyone and the teamwork isnt making anything else look likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

So the problem was not Jose..
    None of my damn usual links eant to work.

Statistically these guys are the worst league team of 2021

Enter the doctor, they are playing with us

We look like a team with two men missing, juat nothing of substance

abff wrote: »

Yeah I hadn’t heard that Jamie redknapp story to be honest, sacking him in case we got into the top 6 probably makes great financial sense to levy.
    Screw the league cup final like.
    Cheers levy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Suoer League me hole.

This guy mason has these amazing, admirable footballers playing like they are actually lazy, disinterested cowards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Who are the players going to blame for this ****show? Given that a lot of them should be looking for employment shortly wouldn’t it be an idea to show a smidgen of enthusiasm and, you know, ability to play football.

Southampton are the worst team in the PL since Christmas and played an FA cup semi final on Sunday. Sweet Jesus.

Levy sacked mourinho because he feared ten unhappy players would leave in the summer

Kane and son were the two mentioned as the most unhappy with his sacking

Levy is an absolute dunce in footballing terms because I'll tell you right now you could pick any other ten at random other than those two and id say let em go, and tell each of them bring a friend

And son has been rubbish for months, i just like the guy and feel he'll be back

• Advertisement

Can’t get a link for the match but by the sounds of things it’s shocking.
    Kane won’t stay for this ****e.
    Rebuild or no rebuild I’d say he’s gone, therefore we are fooked.

This is the inevitable consequence of an entire club set up to be utterly immune to being held to the standards they claim to want to achieve

Except one man, who gets the sack as a ritual sacrifice whenever the person most responsible feels any heat

Absolutely medieval stuff

Nothing but contempt for the first team squad of this club right now

Finally two minutes of quality

Good finish bale

Beautiful Bale Goal :P

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Better since the goal but look so easily got at

Lo celso and ndombele look like they never played a premier league game before they have been *awful*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

I see Southampton are bringing winks on

Oh wait....

Winks on ;)

Great goal

Jesus why cant we just do that more often

Sonny Boy :D

VAR,,,,,offside :o

Var check for lucas blocking keeper

Good chance its chalked off

No goal

Still, a lot brighter since the hour

Looks a handball and a pen for us

If not a borderline foul on the edge of the box

• Advertisement
Advertisement