Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Should be 2 penalties!

Yeah for me that tackle is a pen

Good decision, as was the one to disallow ours earlier

VAR working as it should tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

VAR peno for us :eek:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Nice 1 Son :P

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

The VAR taketh away and the VAR giveth!

The difference in the last half hour is so puzzling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

Looking good to qualify for the Conference League now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Thank goodness for that.

EDIT: That was a reference to the result, not to the comment in the previous post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

That's the first time we've won a game from behind all season!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Much better 2nd half, and a win from behind...both very weird to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Who’d have thought taking a game to an inferior team would yield a positive result. Well done Mace. Delighted with that second half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Ryan mason army great end to the game.. last 30 mins we battered them and played some lovely high tempo stuff.

Bale insane curler. Son his weekly goal against the saints.

I think Chris Colman said Bale kept up his record of scoring ever game vs saints too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

villa scored after 20 seconds

im tellin ya lads that city defense is dodgy

we score first sunday and we will win

any word from Joe this weather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

I think Joe is locked in a dark room..

• Advertisement

We probably need to win all the remaining games to have a shot at Top 4. Lots of the teams around us play each other, so points will be dropped, and our fixtures are not the worst. Still though, it's a long shot. Would be great if we could take it to the final day away to Leicester.

If we had beaten Newcastle we’d be 4th this evening. That’s before we even get into another 5 games where refusal to attack cost 2 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Glebee wrote:
    I think Joe is locked in a dark room..

Given how he spent the last 2-3 months bigging up Jose, a EL win, a league cup win and a top 4 finish I hope he's found inner peace as a Shaolin Monk in the hills of southern China.

https://twitter.com/joolsd/status/1384962522336407556?

Now theres an amazon prime doc id watch

What a complete tosser. They should have got security to throw him out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

golfball37 wrote: »
    If we had beaten Newcastle we’d be 4th this evening.

don't do it to yourself

or West ham
    or Newcastle (H)
    or Palace
    or Wolves
    or Fulham
    or Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    We probably need to win all the remaining games to have a shot at Top 4. Lots of the teams around us play each other, so points will be dropped, and our fixtures are not the worst. Still though, it's a long shot. Would be great if we could take it to the final day away to Leicester.

Our remaining fixtures are as follows:

Sheffield United (H)
    Leeds (A)
    Wolves (H)
    Villa (H)
    Leicester (A)

While we have dropped a lot of points this season in games we should have won, the only really tough fixture among the next four games is away to Leeds. If by some miracle we manage to win the next four, we could be travelling to Leicester for a “winner takes all” showdown on the final day.

Of course, a lot of things need to fall in our favour for that scenario to materialise. Leicester need to drop at least 6 points over their next 6 games (quite feasible). West Ham need to drop at least 5 points over their last 6 games (seems likely). And either Chelsea drop at least 6 points over their last 6 games or Liverpool drop at least 3 points over their last 6. And goal difference might come into it in some of those scenarios.

But, based on the above, I would expect that winning our last 5 games would probably yield a top 4 finish. So our destiny is in our own hands to a certain extent. Of course, that’s a lot easier said than done, but I live in hope. (And I know, it’s the hope that kills you).

abff wrote: »
    Our remaining fixtures are as follows:

Sheffield United (H)
    Leeds (A)
    Wolves (H)
    Villa (H)
    Leicester (A)

While we have dropped a lot of points this season in games we should have won, the only really tough fixture among the next four games is away to Leeds. If by some miracle we manage to win the next four, we could be travelling to Leicester for a “winner takes all” showdown on the final day.

Of course, a lot of things need to fall in our favour for that scenario to materialise. Leicester need to drop at least 6 points over their next 6 games (quite feasible). West Ham need to drop at least 5 points over their last 6 games (seems likely). And either Chelsea drop at least 6 points over their last 6 games or Liverpool drop at least 3 points over their last 6. And goal difference might come into it in some of those scenarios.

But, based on the above, I would expect that winning our last 5 games would probably yield a top 4 finish. So our destiny is in our own hands to a certain extent. Of course, that’s a lot easier said than done, but I live in hope. (And I know, it’s the hope that kills you).

Yeah, I did one of those results predictor things and 5 wins had us finishing third on goal difference. That being said we did require a late penalty to beat a pretty poor and disinterested Southampton, so 7th is probably more likely than 4th. Still though, Mason would be some legend if he delivered a cup and top 4. Fun to dream for a few days at least :)

OMG, its the hope that kills you. Here we go again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Run in for the rest of the season.

Leicester (56pts) Chelsea (55pts) West Ham (55pts) Spurs (53pts) Liverpool (53pts) Everton (49pts) Arsenal (46pts)

West Brom
    Palace West Ham Chelsea Newcastle Arsenal Everton
    Southampton Fulham Burnley Sheffield United Man U Villa Newcastle
    Newcastle City Everton Leeds United Southampton West Ham West Brom
    Man U Arsenal Brighton Wolves West Brom Sheffield United Chelsea
    Chelsea Leicester West Brom Villa Burnley Wolves Palace
    Spurs Villa Southampton Leicester Palace City Brighton

We have the easiest run of games of everyone, but i don't see us getting 4th. Too many missed opportunities earlier in the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,702 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

https://twitter.com/joolsd/status/1384962522336407556?

Now theres an amazon prime doc id watch

Why ???

Because our precious world beaters, are too timid to be told they are sh1te ??

Thats whats wrong with football! Primma donnas that sulk if someone tells them that they arent the best player in the world after every game...
    Cowards.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Ndombele has been involved in 30 PL matches this season. He has played only 6 full 90 minutes. Its not as if he actually kills himself getting around the pitch or anything:confused::confused:

greenspurs wrote:
    Why ???
    greenspurs wrote:
    Because our precious world beaters, are too timid to be told they are sh1te ??
    greenspurs wrote:
    Thats whats wrong with football! Primma donnas that sulk if someone tells them that they arent the best player in the world after every game... Cowards.

Exactly. My only surprise is that it only took 4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Crazy few days.

Just on the José thing about staying for 4 hours telling the players some "home truths".......it's a shame he couldn't think to do that when he was being paid to do so

Dier, Alli, Doherty, Winks, Son and Sanchez (just to name a few) could've done with a proper boot up the arse the last few months

On Mourinho getting sacked-

Didn't really surprise me. He's had 1 1/2 years and there wasn't even a semblance that the group was heading in the right direction.

I'm wondering was Levy actually worried that we might have won the League Cup. Would've been an awful lot harder to get rid of him then.

It'll be interesting to see who would even be interested in the job now. A still aging squad that is completed devoid on any sort of personality barring a couple of players. And those (IMO Kane, Hjobjerg and maybe 1/2 other) won't be hanging around much longer.

We needed to improve the squad 3 years ago. And then again 2 years ago. We still need to. Hjobjerg is the only one who has seriously improved the squad (not counting Reggie cos it's a glorified loan).

We didn't bother trying to improve. And we are paying the price for it now.

I know a couple of posters on here have been saying it for years now but ENIC have messed it up royally. They were trying to do it on the cheap for far too long. Now it's too late

• Advertisement

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Crazy few days.

Just on the José thing about staying for 4 hours telling the players some "home truths".......it's a shame he couldn't think to do that when he was being paid to do so

Dier, Alli, Doherty, Winks, Son and Sanchez (just to name a few) could've done with a proper boot up the arse the last few months

Every time he did even a bit of it the press had it all in the most ridiculously biased terms the next day

Then jose dropped the cuplrits

When levy blocked sales and loans in jan transfer window, that was that

Levy either believes he has a squad of cl level talent (football wise that makes him clueless) or he cannot countenance selling cheap (sunk cost fallacy, bad business that)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,702 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Every time he did even a bit of it the press had it all in the most ridiculously biased terms the next day

Levy either believes he has a squad of cl level talent (football wise that makes him clueless) or he cannot countenance selling cheap (sunk cost fallacy, bad business that)

Absolutley...

"hes lost the dressing room "
    "the football dinosaur "

"players think hes too obsessed with the opposition"
    "players think the training isnt tough enough" (they thought it was too tough under Poch!!)

"Players thrown under the bus by Mourinho" .....
    " His treatment of Bale and Alli is typical of the way he alienates players"

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Yeah true. But José "dropping" them just meant they'd sit out for a couple of games and then the performances of the others meant they were back in the team. Defeats the whole purpose.

With the exception of Bale. The minute he got up to match speed and started properly performing, he was stuck to the bench again. Despite the fact that this coincided with Sons worst patch of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Don't agree at all.
    The players deserved to be told they have let the fans down and have been abysmall for the last while.
    Delighted Jose gave it to them.
    Anyway we are where we are now hopefully we can do the business on Sunday and go on a run after that. COYS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Yeah true. But José "dropping" them just meant they'd sit out for a couple of games and then the performances of the others meant they were back in the team. Defeats the whole purpose.

With the exception of Bale. The minute he got up to match speed and started properly performing, he was stuck to the bench again. Despite the fact that this coincided with Sons worst patch of the season.

I really can't get my head around this one especially... He has 3 goals in his last 3 starts (and 5 goals in his last 5 starts) - with 4 games inexplicably off in the middle of that run for some mad Jose reason.

The idea that tomorrows possible trophy is worth anything like top four qualification is somewhat belied by the utter lack of enthusiasm for the buildup

Fair enough, its the least enticing cup, but id take another three points over it any day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Kane looking likely to play looking at photos of him training. Bale is my tip to score a brace. City have been up and down recently but we are obviously going in as outsiders. But that’s when we excel.

I expect us to go behind early but come good in the second half. Mark my words, we will have a trophy tomorrow night.

CUP FINAL WEMBLEY

Couldn’t get a ticket for Wembley but watching it in White Hart Lane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

joeguevara wrote: »
    Kane looking likely to play looking at photos of him training. Bale is my tip to score a brace. City have been up and down recently but we are obviously going in as outsiders. But that’s when we excel.

I expect us to go behind early but come good in the second half. Mark my words, we will have a trophy tomorrow night.

Joe don't make me promises you can't keep. I've been hurt before and don't know if my heart can take it :-)

I love your optimism it's a tonic in here

• Advertisement

gar wrote: »
    Joe don't make me promises you can't keep. I've been hurt before and don't know if my heart can take it :-)

I love your optimism it's a tonic in here

As long as we are not mixing gin with the tonic to drown our sorrows later.

Let’s hope that I will get to post this 3 times today

https://youtu.be/tcYAd0Yk_6E

Just cant see it happening. If City click, forget about it Hope im wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

The idea that tomorrows possible trophy is worth anything like top four qualification is somewhat belied by the utter lack of enthusiasm for the buildup

Fair enough, its the least enticing cup, but id take another three points over it any day

Disagree with that
    Don’t underestimate what winning a trophy does for a teams mentality

You have to start somewhere, it’s all about getting across that line the first time,

I’d settle for turning up today and playing well and without fear. Too many big games these players and their mentality have been found wanting. If we lose to a better side then I can accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Yeah first of all I want them to play as a team, regardless of who he picks and whether Kane is available or not, and give City a game. Depending on who they play/rest we are capable of beating them as we have shown before. As we know more than most it is hard just to get to a final even this one. Would be a nice ending to a mad/bad week. Love the song/video Joe. COYS.

Ryan mason played when we lost against Chelsea in 2015 league cup as far as I remember. Always loved him and amazingly he was fighting for his life in 2017 after a freak accident with our Hunt. Imagine 4 years later he is on the brink of managing us for a cup win. I have read some reports about senior players not respecting him but I think it’s BS.

I am taking a risk by wearing the same home jersey I wore for the CL final. Actually I just realised that every time I have worn it we have lost starting from the day I bought it in Wembley when we played Liverpool. But I had a dream last night I was wearing it and we won. So I could not have any choice.

• Advertisement

Joe, with respect. Take that f'ing Jersey off right away!!!

Kane starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Acosta

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Kane starts

Southgate will be ****ting himself

Ez05ZBmXIAEJlPp?format=jpg&name=large

No Bale, Winks starts.

I can see the reasoning behind having someone beside Hojbjerg to help out but winks cannot be match fit/sharp. Would have preferred Sissoko or even Dier back in midfield.

• Advertisement
Advertisement