Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

davycc wrote: »
    Great news sonny won BBC goal of the season for his goal v Burnley

H2e0Nd.jpg

What a day that was....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Pah…

thank fcuk that season is over.....

Drab, boring, puke football … But , HEY, we qualified for the Thursday night cup. :/
    Azerbijan here we come !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

So verts is leaving, have we heard any potential targets to replace him?

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/

Goodbye #SuperJanVertonghen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

greenspurs wrote: »
    https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/

Goodbye #SuperJanVertonghen

Leaves us short at CB and LB?
    And LWB of course!

• Advertisement

tanganga signs a long term contract

great news. that guy is the real deal, a natural defender and not just a frustrated footballer.

walks into the first team at either fullback position for me and hed be a close challenger to sanchez or dier at cb also, and will only get better

More 'teasers' of the documentary out today - show Alli+ Dier+ Walker Peters playing Fifa.

New Kit available to buy from tomorrow.
    Home shirt is a bit Meh … green one is nice, Yellow is smashing, and a real throwback
    Theres also a supposed 4th kit, which is grey/white blend

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/new-tottenham-kit-date-confirmed-18648279

Pics and details there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Yellow has always been my favourite away/third colour for Spurs. Still have the Holsten pills one from the late nineties.

If that article is true then the 3rd jersey is a cracker. I really don’t like the home kit. Too much going on. The same style as the 3rd but in white would be a beaut of a Jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Looks like we signed a 15 year old whiz kid from WIgan.

Juan Foyth linked to leeds for 15mil - thoughts.

Also further reports of us interested in 14 goal Colombian winger Diaz? VDV or Giovanni dos santos?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

15m seems fair for Foyth, although I wouldn’t mind him going on loan for a season first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Troy parrot off to Millwall for a year loan deal apparently. Hope he destroys the championship!

ake to city 40m

cracking young cb

i like that green one tbh

bit yeah its a dream that we just put money up and get it done, ive no idea what the hierarchy at the club thinks we gain by the constant messing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Ndombele signed on 2nd July last year.

Only just discovered Ndombele is 22:eek::eek::eek:

Glebee wrote: »
    Only just discovered Ndombele is 22:eek::eek::eek:

F Off !? Really ???

:eek: jesus…..

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Ndombele signed on 2nd July last year.

I take the point

I'll reword

i wish we would get in and sign players that weren't lazy fat unprofessional messers quickly and efficiently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I take the point

I'll reword

i wish we would get in and sign players that weren't lazy fat unprofessional messers quickly and efficiently

Have his bad performances only come under Mourinho, or was he bad all season?

I don't watch an awful lot of Spurs, but remember him being excellent when he came on against Liverpool in the first half of the season.

Jose does have the habit of bringing the absolute worst out in some players who recover form and ability very quickly under other managers, so just curious if it might be another classic Mourinho relationship disaster scenario?

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Have his bad performances only come under Mourinho, or was he bad all season?

I don't watch an awful lot of Spurs, but remember him being excellent when he came on against Liverpool in the first half of the season.

Jose does have the habit of bringing the absolute worst out in some players who recover form and ability very quickly under other managers, so just curious if it might be another classic Mourinho relationship disaster scenario?

For me he has always been more miss than hit, and definitely not Mourinho who is the issue. Has scored some wonder goals but for the cost and expectation he has always been abysmal.

• Advertisement

Hes been like this one too many times for my liking. No heart.

I know it was a bad season but we might have sneaked CL if N'Dombele had turned up. You would expect a £50m signing to be worth a few points.

joeguevara wrote: »
    For me he has always been more miss than hit, and definitely not Mourinho who is the issue. Has scored some wonder goals but for the cost and expectation he has always been abysmal.

Bundles of potential but a stinking attitude. That's been there since Poch and before if you believe what you read.

he started the season fat and out of breath, took a few extended injury breaks and jogged around the pitch a few times since when he could be bothered.

he had a short sharp shock earlier in his career also when he was dropped by one of his first clubs for not training or keeping weight off

i see loads of criticism of mourinho on twitter on this and its rubbish. a player who does not stay fit and ready to play for his team insults the club, the fans, the coach and his teammates and i can only list maybe two or three pros in two decades ive ever seen in worse shape

rotten and if he left for 35m id say a bullet dodged and i dont care if he wins ballon d'or after, thats nothing to do with us

Clip is not great quality but this sums up Ndombele in a nut shell. A half arsed effort of a tackle in midfield followed by a jog back to cover and another half arsed tackle at edge of the box. Good kick up the hole is what was needed, maybe he got one and then was injured for so long. If I done that in a match, 1) Id be embarrased that I did not at least try, 2) Somebody would tell me to cop the fcuk on. You need to see your players breaking there balls to try to win, anything else is completely unexceptable at this level. Bring in a kid who will at least give 100%

Can’t wait to see how Parrott gets on at Milwall, looks like a good move for him.

As absoloutly piss poor as Arsenal have been all season they still have a cup in the cabinet. Hard to believe. Something were a long way from achieving I think. You can guarnatee if that was us against Chelsea we would have been bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

As absoloutly piss poor as Arsenal have been all season they still have a cup in the cabinet. Hard to believe. Something were a long way from achieving I think. You can guarnatee if that was us against Chelsea we would have been bet.

Arteta is a manager 6 months and has a trophy

Maybe cutting his teeth under pep taught him how to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

That was the disappointing thing about the poch era. We played some great stuff but won nothing . And right now we look as as far away as ever from winning anything .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

As soon as Pulisic went off there was only going to be one winner, but if that had been against us he'd have scored with the shot and Chelsea would have held on!

Out of the blue and completely left field but according to the Daily Mail we are being linked with Troy Deeney as backup for Harry Kane. He scored 9 PL goals last year and 6 assists. Looking over each year in the PL it was pretty similar to that every year. The year Watford got promoted from the Championship he scored 21, and who can forget that goal against Leicester in the playoffs immediately after Leicester missed a penalty in the dying seconds.

He has been a great captain for Watford and they are sorry to lose their captain and talisman but it is heartbreaking that we are even been linked to him. Surely we are better than a mid rate player whose team just got relegated. Aside from his misdeeds away from the pitch in 2012 where he got 10 months in jail for kicking a man in the head and breaking his jaw, he should be below our transfer expectations. I understand that we may have to be innovative in our signings with reports of loan deals and out of contract players being pursued, but if we are going to sign a 35 year old it should be similar to Ibrahimovic, or a Van deer Vart or a Klinsmann, not a player that bangs in 9 goals. Hopefully just a slow news day and levy is discussing final conditions to sign Some Brazilian genius.

Absolutely disastrous for us that Arsenal won the FA Cup. They take the automatic Europa League spot. We have to win three one off qualifiers to even get to the group stages with the first match 3 or 4 days after the season starts. Arsenal don’t play a group match until late October. Looking at the teams that we might play in the three qualifiers is literally like the letters game in countdown. Haven’t a notion where most of them are. A trip to Tallinn is looking like the closest city to London that we migHot play in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Can you imagine Jose putting a list of potential players down on paper for Levy - Ben Yedder, Immobile, Moròn and then Levy looks up from the other side of the desk, rubbing his chin... How about Troy Deeney Jose?

Daily Mail Joe, enough said

havent seen the terms but if we get say a combined 60m for ndombele and aurier (good sources today say talk ongoing with milan teams for each) and actual first team standard players in to replace thats fine by me

havent seen the terms but if we get say a combined 60m for ndombele and aurier (good sources today say talk ongoing with milan teams for each) and actual first team standard players in to replace thats fine by me

Would be great business if we got that . Ndombele probaly good enough but looks like he dosent care while aurier is the opposite looks like he cares but he isn’t good enough.

• Advertisement

we need players.

We will have no one left in January with all the Thursday night cup games !

greenspurs wrote: »
    we need players.

We will have no one left in January with all the Thursday night cup games !

If Troy deeney is the answer I’m not sure what the question is . Getting more depressed as a spurs supporter by the day !

spurshero wrote: »
    If Troy deeney is the answer I’m not sure what the question is . Getting more depressed as a spurs supporter by the day !

The question is 'if a spurs fan see united close to buying Sancho and Arsenal Willian and Coutinho, what bang average relatively old player can we link them too to infuriate them even more?'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

The whole club is fúcked lads - Sorry but it's a fact
    It's been run into the ground by ENIC for their own benefit

All ENIC had to do was keep the good thing we had with Poch and his players going - but no they couldn't (or worse, wouldn't)

THFC is a now property development and entertainment events company masquerading as a football club, football is way down their list of priorities.

That Amazon thing is going to be a horrible embarrassment for us but it's a nice little earner for Daniel

New WHL is gonna look terrible half full next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Absolutely disastrous for us that Arsenal won the FA Cup. They take the automatic Europa League spot. We have to win three one off qualifiers to even get to the group stages with the first match 3 or 4 days after the season starts. Arsenal don’t play a group match until late October. Looking at the teams that we might play in the three qualifiers is literally like the letters game in countdown. Haven’t a notion where most of them are. A trip to Tallinn is looking like the closest city to London that we migHot play in.

Sorry, are you saying that we have to go through 3 qualifying rounds in order to reach the group stages of the Europa League? I thought the 3rd English qualifier for the EL got through to the final preliminary round.

• Advertisement

abff wrote: »
    Sorry, are you saying that we have to go through 3 qualifying rounds in order to reach the group stages of the Europa League? I thought the 3rd English qualifier for the EL got through to the final preliminary round.

That's exactly what Im saying. https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2020/8/1/21350898/tottenham-hotspur-news-europa-league-qualifying-second-round-arsenal-fa-cup-win

and just 14 months ago we were in Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Thanks Joe. That’s horrible news.

What happens if Wolves win this season’s Europa League? Do England end up with 8 teams playing in European competitions next season, or will we drop out?

abff wrote: »
    Thanks Joe. That’s horrible news.

What happens if Wolves win this season’s Europa League? Do England end up with 8 teams playing in European competitions next season, or will we drop out?

In the unlikely event that Wolves win the Europa League, England will have 8 teams playing. What I call the 'Spurs rule' was brought it in after Chelsea winning the CL knocked us out of the 4th placed qualifiers to guarantee a place for winners of European competitions without taking one of their countries spots.

But listen it could have been worse, we could have had to play 6 matches instead of 3. As home is determined by a draw we could get 3 home matches. But we are talking about Spurs so more than likely 3 away matches the furthest away from London as humanly possible.

Typical Tottenham. Undone from CL football by lasagne in 2006. Then we get done by a rule that didn’t exist the only time the situation arose previously (2005) and was later rectified to ensure no other club could be f**ked like us subsequently. As if that wasn’t bad enough, we were undone by an ordinary and lucky Chelsea side managed by a man who was later sacked by Aston Villa in the Championship. To win the trophy, they had to rely on Messi missing a penalty and on being the only English team that will ever beat a German side on penalties after being battered in the final.

What the **** did we do to karma to deserve the ****e we have to endure?

Looking like 3m + Walker Peters for Hojbjerg, seems like good business.

Ormus wrote: »

also looks like AC Milan are serious about Aurier and we are sniffing around Aarons as his replacement, both of those would be a good start to rebuild

only downside is Danny "I cant stop talking ****e" Rose is coming back to see out his contract

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hojbjerg in and Aurier out is a decent start, though we desperately need at least one new RB in that case (especially if KWP is part of the Hojbjerg deal).

I'd be very interested to see a Ndombele and Lo Celso CM, with Hojbjerg in behind them at DM. Could be a seriously good attacking midfield.

Ormus wrote: »

Levy always does good business - but that's part of the problem.

Sissoko instead on Mane seen as good business.

Dybala was seen as poor business last Summer, he was just named Seri A player of the season.

If the 'target' doesn't fit his transfer spreadsheet it's a no deal
    That's how little clubs act, he's so small time and an awful fit for THFC

My take On Hojbjerg:

Improvement on todays first 11? probably
    Improvement on the first 11 of 2 years ago? No
    Just shows how much we've declined.

Every time I've seen him he's been painfully average.
    The positive is painfully average is better than winks or sissoko.

Not a player any of the top four team would want.
    Levy fishing for bargains and oneupmanship over what he should now be doing - spending top dollar for top players.

• Advertisement
Advertisement