Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

City have pep incharge of a serious quality squad. What have we got... rebuild is going to take years unless serious investment made. Id say budget wise we have not a pot to piss in transfer wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

See ye next game lads.

For me, the rest of the season is more about who doesn't play for us again than anything else

Ye know the ones i mean!

I would genuinely settle for finishing tenth next season if it meant at least ten of this squad were no longer at the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Played his mates f you ask me

It's only been 2 games, but that team selection and those substitutions were alarming to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Sorry joe, you just cant argue the facts

Changed jersey at 69 minutes at nil all. Had my 1998 or 99 Holsten jersey with Sherwood 8 jersey on that I got when I went to an away match in awl hurst park and Steven carr scored a screamer. So not my Spurs jersey fault.

It was September 99. Screamer from Carr to draw against Wimbledon. Fans singing Steven Carr my lord to the tune of Combya.

https://www.premierleague.com/match/2991

joeguevara wrote: »
    Changed jersey at 69 minutes at nil all. Had my 1998 or 99 Holsten jersey with Sherwood 8 jersey on that I got when I went to an away match in awl hurst park and Steven carr scored a screamer. So not my Spurs jersey fault.

Thats more effort than a few of them managed at that stage of the game joe, you're off the hook so

Thats more effort than a few of them managed at that stage of the game joe, you're off the hook so

Have every home jersey since 87. Good few away jerseys too. Couple of Erik thorsvedt goalie jerseys. Only two worn when we won a cup.

Fcucking hell beginning to wonder if I’m a jinx. Being a tipp fan never won more than one in a row. At least I have a game worn Donegal AI winning jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Well beaten, didn't really create anything but they didn't have too many chances in fairness. Son was really poor he had a few chances in the second half to take on his man and go for goal never ever fancied it. Moura was our best player when he was taken off, even Lo Celso had started to look interested. For me the goal was mainly about Aurier giving away a needless free kick in a dangerous position.
    There's a real feeling that this is the end of the road now for this team and a big rebuild is required. Will that happen and who will be the manager we'll have to wait and see. I sense there is growing pressure on Levy to step aside at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Lad GAGA wrote: »
    Well beaten, didn't really create anything but they didn't have too many chances in fairness. Son was really poor he had a few chances in the second half to take on his man and go for goal never ever fancied it. Moura was our best player when he was taken off, even Lo Celso had started to look interested. For me the goal was mainly about Aurier giving away a needless free kick in a dangerous position.
    There's a real feeling that this is the end of the road now for this team and a big rebuild is required. Will that happen and who will be the manager we'll have to wait and see. I sense there is growing pressure on Levy to step aside at this stage.

Pooch told us this 3 years ago and no one listened

Next season, We will end up with some second rate manager, Kane gone and winks and sissoko playing midfield

Looking back now, loris had a great game, Toby rolled back the years, dier to be fair one bad pass aside played well,holberg put in a shift, rest were terrible , snoop called it, he said aurier would fcuk us up and he didn’t disappoint

Mason decisions were shocking, how winks played 90 mins is a mystery, why Luca s was subbed, lamela and ndombele left on bench,

Now we will be told players have to leave to win things? Well lads over the last few years you could have won a league, CL, FA Cup and two league cups but you went missing every time

It’s the lack of heart the fight the desire what do you say to a 11 year old who turns around with tears in his eyes and asks why do we support this team, why do they always lose

Could not care less about rest of season now TBH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Pooch told us this 3 years ago and no one listened

Next season, We will end up with some second rate manager, Kane gone and winks and sissoko playing midfield

Looking back now, loris had a great game, Toby rolled back the years, dier to be fair one bad pass aside played well,holberg put in a shift, rest were terrible , snoop called it, he said aurier would fcuk us up and he didn’t disappoint

Mason decisions were shocking, how winks played 90 mins is a mystery, why Luca s was subbed, lamela and ndombele left on bench,

Now we will be told players have to leave to win things? Well lads over the last few years you could have won a league, CL, FA Cup and two league cups but you went missing every time

It’s the lack of heart the fight the desire what do you say to a 11 year old who turns around with tears in his eyes and asks why do we support this team, why do they always lose

Could not care less about rest of season now TBH

Great write up and have the exact same feelings as ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Was always going to be tough to beat them, but when i saw the team it became Inevitable.
    Obviously Mason picking Winks as a mate.

Hugo - our MotM- kept it from being a thumping - he had 29 touches.
    Error-ier - Just a headless chicken , can always rely on him to make a massive blunder that will cost us.
    Toby - Played well, his long diagonal pass wasnt much use, and was off target more than on. Defended well .
    Dier - A bit erratic, but played well alongside Toby.
    Reggy - Got a roasting from Mahrez, not played well recently, and goes down bawling sooooo easy!

Hojbjerg - overrun. Had to try stem the tide of deBryne/Fernandinho/Gundogan and cover the flanks. Fcuked up a big chance in the 2nd half.
    Winks -He had 41 touches in 90mins. Just not good enough. Does nothing but lateral passing.
    Moura - Our best attacking player on the day (not saying much) cant really pass or shoot, but when he spins and runs, hes hard to stop.
    Son - rubbish AGAIN! no effort again. 37 touches! 12 in the first half
    Kane - no ball given to him - 34 touches - 10 in the first half
    Lo Celso - a bit anonymous in the first half - 17 touches, but had our only shot on target , and was unlucky not to score.

Bale 67mins - waste of a sub. Hes an embaressment .If he had any shame, he should be ashamed of himself...
    Sissoko 67mins - Another waste - 9 touches, and outjumped for the winner.
    Alli 84mins - 3 touches when he came on. Not enough time.
    Bergwijn 90mins- didnt even touch the ball .

Probably the result we all expected. Could have been much much worse, and we didnt deserve anything.
    It was Men against Boys, and they won every battle.

For all the crying about Laporte should have been sent of, the ref also left reggy off with a clear yellow for a foul before he was booked, same as Laporte, so i wouldnt use that excuse.

Enic lost us that final. To sack Jose 5 days before that , and replace him with a 29yr old novice is shambolic.
    Someone please try convince me that Jose would have started Winks and LoCelso.? That he would have brought on Sissoko? Bale?
    Allow the team to do the short kickouts over and over again...
    Amateur hour in a cup final. Only Spurs would fcuking do it.

So now, all those that were demanding Jose out, that it was all down to him, please try convince that those players werent to blame for Pochs downfall, and for Mourinho's downfall.
    Its a toxic club, full off over pampered , lazy, couldnt care less players.
    We have reverted to a mid table team.
    No top manager would touch that job, for any money after what they have seen in the past 2years.

Enic out. Levy Out.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »
    Was always going to be tough to beat them, but when i saw the team it became Inevitable.
    Obviously Mason picking Winks as a mate.

Hugo - our MotM- kept it from being a thumping - he had 29 touches.
    Error-ier - Just a headless chicken , can always rely on him to make a massive blunder that will cost us.
    Toby - Played well, his long diagonal pass wasnt much use, and was off target more than on. Defended well .
    Dier - A bit erratic, but played well alongside Toby.
    Reggy - Got a roasting from Mahrez, not played well recently, and goes down bawling sooooo easy!

Hojbjerg - overrun. Had to try stem the tide of deBryne/Fernandinho/Gundogan and cover the flanks. Fcuked up a big chance in the 2nd half.
    Winks -He had 41 touches in 90mins. Just not good enough. Does nothing but lateral passing.
    Moura - Our best attacking player on the day (not saying much) cant really pass or shoot, but when he spins and runs, hes hard to stop.
    Son - rubbish AGAIN! no effort again. 37 touches! 12 in the first half
    Kane - no ball given to him - 34 touches - 10 in the first half
    Lo Celso - a bit anonymous in the first half - 17 touches, but had our only shot on target , and was unlucky not to score.

Bale 67mins - waste of a sub. Hes an embaressment .If he had any shame, he should be ashamed of himself...
    Sissoko 67mins - Another waste - 9 touches, and outjumped for the winner.
    Alli 84mins - 3 touches when he came on. Not enough time.
    Bergwijn 90mins- didnt even touch the ball .

Probably the result we all expected. Could have been much much worse, and we didnt deserve anything.
    It was Men against Boys, and they won every battle.

For all the crying about Laporte should have been sent of, the ref also left reggy off with a clear yellow for a foul before he was booked, same as Laporte, so i wouldnt use that excuse.

Enic lost us that final. To sack Jose 5 days before that , and replace him with a 29yr old novice is shambolic.
    Someone please try convince me that Jose would have started Winks and LoCelso.? That he would have brought on Sissoko? Bale?
    Allow the team to do the short kickouts over and over again...
    Amateur hour in a cup final. Only Spurs would fcuking do it.

So now, all those that were demanding Jose out, that it was all down to him, please try convince that those players werent to blame for Pochs downfall, and for Mourinho's downfall.
    Its a toxic club, full off over pampered , lazy, couldnt care less players.
    We have reverted to a mid table team.
    No top manager would touch that job, for any money after what they have seen in the past 2years.

Enic out. Levy Out.

for the first time ever I agree with everything you have said

for the first time ever I agree with everything you have said

the first time ? :eek:

Are you sure ? :D

Son was crying after the match and Kane was consoling him. Does show he cares but he was terrible. Some see it as a sign that both are leaving as it was a final chance for silverware at Spurs. Heard Southgate and Rodgers are on shortlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'm not sure why any top manager would take the job. We're destined to thread water until Levy and ENIC sell up.

the first time ? :eek:

Are you sure ? :D

Disagree about tobys diagonals, i feel they at least keep opposition wary and pinned back

The rest? No quibble.

Not convinced by either Rodgers or Southgate, nothing against either or anything

Leicester have, being honest, a fabulous squad for a club with their aims. They rebuilt even while winning the league, and never seem to get fooled by glamour players- 20m, 30m purchases that seem to come in professional and hungry

Im not sayin i could manage them, but ryan mason prob could

Of all managers in the league, given the *type* of job, i think potter has done really well with what he has

Problem is our fans, players and chairman would disrespect him from day one, and in particular the latter two parties almost seem to work together against the manager, which suits each

Club needs to accept that the rebuild now means starting midtable without any airs- levy will never accept this, nor that his purchases have been by and large a false economy the past few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Very disappointing.
    I don't mind losing but we never gave it a go.
    That's 4 cup final losses in a row and we haven't scored in any of them.
    Such a losers football club these days.

Not convinced by either Rodgers or Southgate, nothing against either or anything

Leicester have, being honest, a fabulous squad for a club with their aims. They rebuilt even while winning the league, and never seem to get fooled by glamour players- 20m, 30m purchases that seem to come in professional and hungry

Im not sayin i could manage them, but ryan mason prob could

Of all managers in the league, given the *type* of job, i think potter has done really well with what he has

Problem is our fans, players and chairman would disrespect him from day one, and in particular the latter two parties almost seem to work together against the manager, which suits each

Club needs to accept that the rebuild now means starting midtable without any airs- levy will never accept this, nor that his purchases have been by and large a false economy the past few years

This. Exactly ....

We will never win anything with the likes of
    Aurier + Sissoko + Alli + NDombele in the squad, their attitude stinks.

And we will keep having players like them while Enic is about.
    Also, still no official apology from the cnuts about the Superdooper League.
    All other clubs have done so, except those 'running' OUR club ......

2nd May (H) Vs Sheffield Utd 7:15pm
    8th May (A) Vs Leeds Utd 12:30pm
    12th May (H) Vs Wolves 7:45pm
    15th May (H) Vs Aston Villa 3pm
    23rd May (A) Vs Leicester City 4pm

Our remaining fixtures..... Its hard to care really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

15 points :D

Id care if, for each individual unacceptable showing of effort, ability and mentality, we saw that man dropped for the rest of the season and i mean gone, "we'll go to the u-23s if we have to" gone

No point mason being there for only six games and pretending that he has to care about shameless blaggards like ndombele, aurier and (lately) sissoko

Im as hard on dier, winks and alli as anyone but homegrown players have at least that over the lads above, i can see why the club needs to keep them sweeter than their performances merit

But the three french lads are essentially on a rebellion trip and examples must be made- which of course mourinho was the big bad guy when he tried it

For me I would look to go with an up and coming/hungry manager (ala Poch when he came) or a very experienced one. So in the former I would include Potter and Parker and in the latter Allegri and Rodgers. Some people on here saying why would anyone take on the job and despite our lack of silverware/player problems etc etc. we are still one of the biggest clubs in the world, with arguably the best stadium and training facilities in Europe, a huge fan base and a rich history.
    So for the likes of Potter/Parker this would be a huge step up from their current roles and don't worry despite personnel problems a number of guys would jump at the opportunity to be given the opportunity to manage our club. So its not all doom and gloom guys it wouldn't take a lot to get us back playing the Spurs style of football and competing with the top guys. But the appointment of the right man is the biggest piece of the jigsaw to get right. And I'm expecting Kane (if anyone can afford him in the current climate) and Son to be gone in the summer.

Lad GAGA wrote: »
    For me I would look to go with an up and coming/hungry manager (ala Poch when he came) or a very experienced one. So in the former I would include Potter and Parker and in the latter Allegri and Rodgers. Some people on here saying why would anyone take on the job and despite our lack of silverware/player problems etc etc. we are still one of the biggest clubs in the world, with arguably the best stadium and training facilities in Europe, a huge fan base and a rich history.
    So for the likes of Potter/Parker this would be a huge step up from their current roles and don't worry despite personnel problems a number of guys would jump at the opportunity to be given the opportunity to manage our club. So its not all doom and gloom guys it wouldn't take a lot to get us back playing the Spurs style of football and competing with the top guys. But the appointment of the right man is the biggest piece of the jigsaw to get right. And I'm expecting Kane (if anyone can afford him in the current climate) and Son to be gone in the summer.

all well and good , You didnt mention Enic though .....

Agreed, but who buys them out, does Lewis walk away?, hard to know, will all the Super League stuff make them sell up? Not ideal but not sure if/when they will depart the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1386752317022642176?s=19

Fairly damning and accurate analysis by Carragher there. Winks rightly called out. The easy narrative is to blame the manager, but in truth, the players let us down time and again.

• Advertisement

Great analysis. Hopefully Aurier will be gone this summer moreover because his contract is in its last year I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

Fairly damning and accurate analysis by Carragher there. Winks rightly called out. The easy narrative is to blame the manager, but in truth, the players let us down time and again.

carra contradicted himself in the piece.

one the one hand it was nothing got to do with mason.

on the other hand mason had a plan for defense and attack.

then there was the long ball analysis that carra joked about saying thats what relegation area teams do. was that not mason's plan?

What I took from it was that he wanted the midfielders like Winks to play through the middle. But they didn't do that. So the defenders were forced to play it long. That's why the long ball count was so high. In other words our midfielders didn't turn up.

I dont think he contradicts himself at all. He shows how the centre halves were forced to go long when it wasnt ideal to do so, even tho it wasnt working it was a better alternative to losing it in front of our own goal

He rightly roasts aurier, hojbjerg and reguilon and i must say i thought winks was ok because i wasn't actually watching what he *wasnt* doing but carragher has him bang to rights there

Its by some distance the clearest and most honest piece of analysis of this bunch of players ive seen on tv in a long, long time and i take my hat off to him

If more pundits hadn't done the easy job of only talking about how jose had affected the confidence of the same lads who threw poch under the bus, maybe there would have been space for the more relevant narrative- these lads hide from the ball and hide from tackles.

And i love that he bites back on winks going or staying being on ryan mason- "we're talking basics of the game, we're talking courage and decisions"

Too much talk of tactics and man management (poch focused hugely on both but we were left with lads who almost needed him to do it for them) and not enough of "why do these lads not do the simple, easy things right twice in a row, ever?"

Found that hugely refreshing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

What I took from it was that he wanted the midfielders like Winks to play through the middle. But they didn't do that. So the defenders were forced to play it long. That's why the long ball count was so high. In other words our midfielders didn't turn up.

ah my bad so. misunderstood his point then.

• Advertisement

But we have watched winks do the same thing the last two years , time and time again, he has hardly played this season for that reason , yet our manager gave him full game in a cup final, that and that alone is on the manager
    Anyone of us could manage if the job description was pick ur mates

Say what you like about ndombele but he can beat the press , winks could not beat an egg

We were beaten last Monday when mourhino was sacked and mason given the gig, that and that alone is on ENIc

So rumours are ten hag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Nagelsmann confirmed as Bayern coach, so he's gone

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

Blah , blah , blah .....

And these experts only noticed it now?
    these didnt notice it after the Champs Lge final with Poch?
    They didnt notice it after 6 months of Mourinho?

Some Spurs fans have been blaming the players for months, but OH NO, it was all down to 'football dinosaur / serial winner Mourinhos tactics, and man management

But when it an english lad managing, its all on the players.... Typical fcuking Sly Spurts .....

Its very hard to see any manager making a difference, even if id otherwise like the names in the hat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

There were some serious egos, deadwood and players with attitude issues when Mourinho took over at united and yet he still managed to drag them to two finals and two pieces of silverware in the first 12 months. Our crew are rotten.

There were some serious egos, deadwood and players with attitude issues when Mourinho took over at united and yet he still managed to drag them to two finals and two pieces of silverware in the first 12 months. Our crew are rotten.

thats the best example of a rotten core ive heard yet

Well, united were still buying 40, 50m level talent as a rule, so the actual ability wasnt in doubt even if the group attitude fell apart

Levy dropping 7/8m on players we are then looking to come in to the team and help us to top 4- and he thinks hes doing us a favour like

A point of interest :

There was 16 posts in the man city thread before/during/after the Cup final.

There was about 16 pages posted in here !! :)

#Levels
    They took it for granted? Not interested?
    Or are we that desperate for a trophy ... ?

Think its a combo of all of that tbh

Also they may have been happy to be in the cup final thread, we were hiding in here!

• Advertisement

A point of interest :

There was 16 posts in the man city thread before/during/after the Cup final.

There was about 16 pages posted in here !! :)

#Levels
    They took it for granted? Not interested?
    Or are we that desperate for a trophy ... ?

Just another Sunday for those guys. They're tired of winning that Cup I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Well, united were still buying 40, 50m level talent as a rule, so the actual ability wasnt in doubt even if the group attitude fell apart

Levy dropping 7/8m on players we are then looking to come in to the team and help us to top 4- and he thinks hes doing us a favour like

Is ndombele not our record signing?

tom1ie wrote: »
    Is ndombele not our record signing?

Think so.

Difference is we need our 50m signings to work out immediately

Chelsea, city spend that money to refresh their squad

Think its a combo of all of that tbh

Also they may have been happy to be in the cup final thread, we were hiding in here!

:confused:

There was one ???? :P :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Its very hard to see any manager making a difference, even if id otherwise like the names in the hat

absolutely, the issue is at the top of the club

Levy got lucky with Poch, who ran out of steam under ENIC's mismanagement after 5 years, most of Levy's appointments are ruined after 2 years or less.

For what it's worth I quite like Potter at Brighton, it doesn't really matter though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

i know we are saying it doesn't really matter what manager we get in, but if we were to do another rebuild and be backed by levy and Lewis, so that the new manager can clear out the deadwood, what do we think of scott parker?
    would he be a strong enough character to command players respect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

i know we are saying it doesn't really matter what manager we get in, but if we were to do another rebuild and be backed by levy and Lewis, so that the new manager can clear out the deadwood, what do we think of scott parker?

A massive gamble I’d say.

absolutely, the issue is at the top of the club

Levy got lucky with Poch, who ran out of steam under ENIC's mismanagement after 5 years, most of Levy's appointments are ruined after 2 years or less.

For what it's worth I quite like Potter at Brighton, it doesn't really matter though.

I like potter too. With a decent board and a brief to turn over players and give us a footballing/youth identity again id happily live a quiet few years building under a guy like that, personally

Parker is the second biggest "if" there Tom

Aa far as i am now concerned at this stage, the manager is a mere shield for levys behaviour

What poch, mourinho would or could have done, what ten haag or allegri or potter or rodgers might do under ideal circumstances is academic.

Good managers all who will be used up like poch or offered up like mourinho to be sacrificed to fans when levys third rate, too late deals dont give them a squad to work with or when levys interference in squad management undermines their authority with players we have already seen hang two completely different but very credible coaches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Levy apparently had a word with Jose wondering why Harry Winks wasn’t getting a game. He will never sell the deadwood we need gone to get the team moving in the right direction

Advertisement